Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dane rampe had as many touches as, and kicked more goals than, his direct opponent.. Toby Greene

We've had someone put in the perfect subs performance (probably his best performance as a Swan) and people now want him starting instead of repeating what he's just done.
McInerney has first game back and has two weeks to build fitness and people want him dropped after his first poor performance.

In fairness to our 3 tall forwards they were probably up against the worst match up possible for them. 3 defenders who are great in the air and also on the deck.

McClean back up rucks as well, who would do that if we dropped him?

On CET-AL00 using BigFooty.com mobile app
His primary job is as a forward.

And he’s not impacting as a forward.

Nor is Armatey.

Hard to be critical when we’ve just made a prelim, but although you’re right - he is useful as a chop out ruck, his inability to do much in forward 50 is an issue.

Until Campbell and Heeney took charge, our forward line was impotent (with due respect to Hayward and Papley, who competed hard).

Or he and others decided they need to run and work %5 harder
I think you’re right, or half right. The first half the whole team was static.

Don’t think it’s entirely a work rate thing though. Just as much it’s a mindset thing. It’s looking for an option (when none is presenting itself), or being scared to take a centering kick to a option that’s half there.

In the fi al quarter they started doing what they did pretty much every game (after quarter time) for the first two thirds of the season, which was to take off without a clear idea of the next move but trusting that something would present itself, and being willing to cop a turnover here or there when nothing did present.

Callan Ward's goal late was a bit of a blessing in disguise because we had Papley, Heeney and Grundy on the bench with the ball at the wrong side of the ground. Then able to reset and the rest is history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’re right, or half right. The first half the whole team was static.

Don’t think it’s entirely a work rate thing though. Just as much it’s a mindset thing. It’s looking for an option (when none is presenting itself), or being scared to take a centering kick to a option that’s half there.

In the fi al quarter they started doing what they did pretty much every game (after quarter time) for the first two thirds of the season, which was to take off without a clear idea of the next move but trusting that something would present itself, and being willing to cop a turnover here or there when nothing did present.
Absolutely spot on about the half kicks 👌. The other 2 finals victors ( Cats and Hawks) were brilliant biting off the short break up kick

Isaac was simply amazing, I cant fathom how good his impact was, what a star. 4th quarter efforts were outstanding. Campbell brilliant when he came on. Loved how we didn't panic with our ball movement in the last term.

I'll need to watch that last quarter back, it all came too fast! Proud of this club.
Campbell proved me wrong and showed he could make an impact from sub - good on him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back