Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams and Cleary in next game for Amartey or Mclean & Juzzy. Tough but need more impact from our tall fwds & juzzy looks way underdone.

Adams is a must at least.
Keep it simple Adams for Juzzy and keep Campbell as sub as he seems to be able to run over the top with fresh legs. Think we need to stay tall against Hawks/Port to not allow Sicily to play an intercepting role on a smaller forward

Melican had a stinker but then again GWS and WB are probably the hardest games for the tall defenders.

On another note how bloody nerve racking is counting down once we got ahead. No nails left
He had a far better game than McCartin.

Keep it simple Adams for Juzzy and keep Campbell as sub as he seems to be able to run over the top with fresh legs. Think we need to stay tall against Hawks/Port to not allow Sicily to play an intercepting role on a smaller forward

That's a good point but bloody hell, our talls need to clunk some marks. I'd love Campbell to get a full game but groin injuries can be problematic so a dedicated sub role might be perfect for him right now. Even a Fox for Amartey or Mclean might be a good idea considering his ability to play a disciplined 1v1 role.

I'm still not sold on either Amartey or Mclean tbh.

What's the prevailing thought on Papley? He's a really good player, but **** me he's 20-something going on 13. Cringe on 2 legs.

He's a match winner, gets the opposition to focus on him rather than their game and then backs it up with great skills and goal kicking. If you cringe at that you'd probably need to switch to watching tennis or something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ticky Tommy just hasn't been the same since the last concussion.
I'm aware - which means we need to have a serious conversation about where he's at as a player in our back 6. If we had someone really pressing in the VFL I'd say he'd be on holiday right now.

Tbh I am still trying to process that last quarter. GWS played so well for three quarters bought the ball out from defence with ease and clunked marks all over the ground. Probably got a few rub of the green free kicks but they were playing better pressure football.
Heeney was outstanding , Warner a last quarter cameo and Campbell the super sub. Cunningham and Rampe were good down back and I thought Melican and McCartin had their moments but were isolated far too often with their direct opponents with the ball coming in with ease. There was some inconsistent effort with some poor basic skills but just grinding away before we got a run on in the last.
Parker going to sub makes sense to me. He is tracking like Kennedy in his final years great when he can actually get his hands on it or make a tackle but looks a little bit behind the pace of the game now. Still like three talls up front but need quick movement out of the midfield to force them to lead better and open up space.
Campbell has to come in next game he was outstanding and is playing with so much confidence.

That's a good point but bloody hell, our talls need to clunk some marks. I'd love Campbell to get a full game but groin injuries can be problematic so a dedicated sub role might be perfect for him right now. Even a Fox for Amartey or Mclean might be a good idea considering his ability to play a disciplined 1v1 role.

I'm still not sold on either Amartey or Mclean tbh.
I'm starting to feel the same too. If its the Hawks could play Fox to negate Sicily? He would be tailor made for the role. That said i rate Amartey's ability to bring the ball to the ground and he made 5 tackles. But Mclean is the chop out in the ruck so makes Amartey vulnerable. Though his last goal may have saved his skin.

Tbh I am still trying to process that last quarter. GWS played so well for three quarters bought the ball out from defence with ease and clunked marks all over the ground. Probably got a few rub of the green free kicks but they were playing better pressure football.
Heeney was outstanding , Warner a last quarter cameo and Campbell the super sub. Cunningham and Rampe were good down back and I thought Melican and McCartin had their moments but were isolated far too often with their direct opponents with the ball coming in with ease. There was some inconsistent effort with some poor basic skills but just grinding away before we got a run on in the last.
Parker going to sub makes sense to me. He is tracking like Kennedy in his final years great when he can actually get his hands on it or make a tackle but looks a little bit behind the pace of the game now. Still like three talls up front but need quick movement out of the midfield to force them to lead better and open up space.
Campbell has to come in next game he was outstanding and is playing with so much confidence.
Saying Parker lacks pace and then calling for him to be sub when we need fast fresh legs is self-defeating.

I'm aware - which means we need to have a serious conversation about where he's at as a player in our back 6. If we had someone really pressing in the VFL I'd say he'd be on holiday right now.

Not with the way the game is going with head knocks.

He is a concussion or two from someone stepping in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back