Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well. By the time I got back to the hotel, I was a mess. I have never been so spent after a game in my life. Went to brush my teeth and my muscles in forearms started cramping and when I stretched them out all the muscles along my ribs started seizing as well.

What can I say. I love this club and the fight they show but for the love of God, if you start well you don’t have to go through that trauma. I was critical of selection and that still stands. It is concerning that we continue to select unfit players over those that are fit and ready to go. Horse said he got the non selection of McDonald wrong in 22. He doesn’t seem to have learnt. Mills looked panicked at times which I found a little concerning. The inability to get first hands on the ball in the first half was awful.

Now the positives. Isaac ****ing Heeney. Have defended him all his career and that is why. Some have been critical of him not standing up in the past despite what I would describe as solid performances. What we saw last night was nothing short of superhuman. He said “stand back boys and watch how this shit is done”. And they stood back and watched in awe. The difference was our boys followed while the pussies from out west pissed their pants and called for their mummies. Melican was an absolute ****ing star down back. He has overtaken McCartin as our most important back. Some of his line breaking runs were outrageous. JJ’s foot skills are bordering on elite. That pass to Hayward was erection inducing. Grundy battled hard all day and showed his tank is as big as any other ruckman in the league. Paps was lively and I thought played a great game on return. Only criticism is he does not get front and centre enough. And Campbell. What heart. Must start in the Prelim.

Anyway, I could go on but I don’t want to go onto a flight with a swans induced stiffy showing. I believe it would be frowned upon.

UP THE ****ING BLOODS!!!!❤️🤍❤️🤍

Players are constantly playing with something going on. We'd have barely any stability if we dropped players for something like gastro

Not sure I can agree if it's going to have as much impact on his game as it did. Players have just had a week off. They should be as close to fully fit as can be.

The umpiring want biased but just plain awful. We had some soft calls earlier in the game as well

Hey that's not the right narrative!

I do get absolutely sick to death of 'The umps are biased against us' that carries on while we're losing a game then immediately goes quiet when we start winning.

I don't know why they did. I was astounded. I thought McInerney would be sub

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
We now know that Campbell was touch & go if he would’ve played at all, he had groin soreness earlier in the week and his grandfather, who he was really close to’ passed a way Thursday night. He’s grieving but he came on and changed the game at the right time. Mills was suffering badly from Gastro & Amartey rolled his ankle at training on Thursday.

Last edited:
Not sure I can agree if it's going to have as much impact on his game as it did. Players have just had a week off. They should be as close to fully fit as can be.
Who would you have preferred play in Mills’s place? Aaron Francis?

While several of our defenders made blues that cost goals, they each showed the mental resilience to move on quickly from those mistakes and treat the next contest/possession on its merits. Mills, Melican, McCartin, Blakey - all had some crucial moments, especially in the final quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We now know that Campbell was touch & go if hevwouldvplaybat all, he had groin soreness earlier in the week and his grandfather, who he was really close to’ passed a way Thursday night. He’s grieving but he came on and changed the game at the right time. Mills was suffereingb Daly from Gastro & Amartey rolled his ankle at training on Thursday.

Mills gets a pass for yesterday because of illness, but he is building a record as an absolute panic merchant in finals.

Mills gets a pass for yesterday because of illness, but he is building a record as an absolute panic merchant in finals.
Agree - might have been a bit worried he’d have an accident!!😱! But I am concerned that his gastro could go through the entire team. Anyway 2 weeks off to get into tip top shape.

Mills was far from our worst, he didn't do a lot in the last but his third quarter was massive.

Also one of the few in the side who can actually mark the ball .

Melican Rampe Mccartin Mills they were all hung out to dry by the midfielders constantly early on.

GWS were amazing and if they had of kicked a few easier shots through the middle, we may have been too far back to run over the top in the last. We were also very poor for most of the first 3 quarters, we weren't clean enough with handballs to get any fast movement going forward and resorted to kicking it up the line to contests, couldn't take a contested mark and as mentioned weren't clean when the ball hit the deck.

But.....Were the umpires as horribly inconsistent as I thought watching at the ground, or is it my bias? HTB, and high tackles seemed to go in their favour, I also thought we took 2-3 marks that weren't paid.

Was shocked to see we won the free kick count.

Huge huge problem imo that will kill us is no one can take a mark on the outlet kick or in the front half. Yiu need it in a big game

Imo I would keep McLean deep and amartey 2nd ruck
yep how many did Hogan take for them! He kept burning Tom up the ground. Another coaching blunder, someone should have swapped with Tom once Hogan pissed off up the ground to defene him. Not sure who though, maybe Hayden.

Mills was far from our worst, he didn't do a lot in the last but his third quarter was massive.

Also one of the few in the side who can actually mark the ball .

Melican Rampe Mccartin Mills they were all hung out to dry by the midfielders constantly early on.

He should be far from our worst. He is our captain and shouldn't be looking like a deer in the headlights in finals.

Also, this is a bit of a reach.

Is it possible we have an entirely predictable game plan as default, with something else up our sleeve that only comes out occasionally where needed, even for short bursts in games. We don't bring it out all the time, because we don't want the other teams to work it out.

Trying to rationalise why we are so bad, don't move the ball quickly. There were times where we had the ball at half back, and players on the wing were looking towards our goal.

GF day, we just go bang and kick the first 10 goals.

Bring Adams back please. Even a little bit of help in the midfield is needed. We can't rely on another superhero performance from Heeney.

We also shouldn't be picking guys with serious injuries who are on the fringe of best 22 like amartey. Campbell worked out but could've gone the other way with a sore groin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back