Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a big Jmac fan and have watched him closely over the years. He’s an elite runner yes but it took him about a year to get back to his best after the first knee injury.

Don’t think we have enough time. His kicks were more like stabs, he wasn’t kicking through the ball.

Also not much lateral movement / taking defenders on. These are tell tale signs of PCL impact.

I don’t think it’s fitness but more restrictions in recovery.

Hope I’m wrong cos pre injury Jmac was amazing.

Maybe he should run 15k today test the knee

I’m a big Jmac fan and have watched him closely over the years. He’s an elite runner yes but it took him about a year to get back to his best after the first knee injury.

Don’t think we have enough time. His kicks were more like stabs, he wasn’t kicking through the ball.

Also not much lateral movement / taking defenders on. These are tell tale signs of PCL impact.

I don’t think it’s fitness but more restrictions in recovery.

Hope I’m wrong cos pre injury Jmac was amazing.
Agree with this, he could run all day but if he has no distance or penetration with his kicks there is no point playing him

All this talk of dropping Jmac is ridiculous.

Yes he was shit, but he's coming back off an 8 week knee injury.

Why would you play a fully fit Braden Campbell, when you have someone who can barely kick?

Any judgement of Amartey should be shelved until he plays a final fully fit. A stuffed ankle is one of the most limiting of injuries - you can’t jump, you can only run in straight lines, stepping or moving backwards can be fraught with danger and forget twisting.

It was a bloody miracle he got that goal at the end.
We shouldn't sell short how clever it was. He brushed the Giants player away from Papley and raced into position in the clear and absolutely nailed the shot right in the middle. Really good piece of work that needed to be just right - and it was.

It hasn't worked all year. I'm amazed that the call wasn't made weeks ago.
Sorry, I find this comment slightly bizarre!

The Swans won the minor premiership with this structure.

They won the qualifying final to make the prelim with this structure.

They most points for of any team this year (2,242 - 200+ more than their closest rival).

How exactly has it not worked?

Seems to me like it's just not the way you want it to work, but I'm happy to be corrected...

All this talk of dropping Jmac is ridiculous.

Yes he was shit, but he's coming back off an 8 week knee injury.

Why would you play a fully fit Braden Campbell, when you have someone who can barely kick?
First Half GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blakey's spoil in the first 20 seconds of the last could have been a genuine match saver. They kick that one and it's possible the air goes out of our sails and they run away with it.

One of those moments that potentially could have changed the game.

Given the vibe of the calls I am surprised it wasn’t a front on contact free. Pleasantly surprised but could have been called.

65m I reckon

Well I have no reason to think the 50 is short, has to be 70-75 surely? even if the square to the 50 is 5, its at least twice that again to where he is,

What a kick

Any judgement of Amartey should be shelved until he plays a final fully fit. A stuffed ankle is one of the most limiting of injuries - you can’t jump, you can only run in straight lines, stepping or moving backwards can be fraught with danger and forget twisting.

It was a bloody miracle he got that goal at the end.
There’s a long form line after the 9 goal game.

And it isn’t strong.

We’re winning & Horse is unlikely to mess with a winning combo - but to my eye, Armatey has been disappointing for a few months now.

Here’s hoping the prelim is when he decides to party once more.

They might measure it on 360 tomorrow night, and surely we will get some coverage!

Nick Daicos may have had a cup of tea though, they will need to cover that

There’s a long form line after the 9 goal game.

And it isn’t strong.

We’re winning & Horse is unlikely to mess with a winning combo - but to my eye, Armatey has been disappointing for a few months now.

Here’s hoping the prelim is when he decides to party once more.
Last year Amartey couldn't finish a game out. Gasping for breath after 5 minutes on the field.
Last night he was smashed pillar to post by the strongest tall defenders in the game. Couldn't get near it. Never a ball to his advantage. Still chased and managed 5 tackles. Somehow, with 2 minutes left, he gathered himself, brushed off his opponent and raced into the clear to receive the handball and kick the winning goal. That's what I'll remember.

Well I have no reason to think the 50 is short, has to be 70-75 surely? even if the square to the 50 is 5, its at least twice that again to where he is,

What a kick

that's what i was just thinking ... if we accept the 50m arc is 50m (and we surely do), heeney looks to be at least 20m outside it ...
but it's still incredible that it was heeney, after what he'd already done to that point, who was still running at that pace to get in position to support papley and then have the skill to make that kick from that far out ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back