Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

I could not believe how awful the umpiring was in that first half today - absolute amateur stuff. The worst however was the way they let the ruck contest turn into a rugby scrum. Once they gave a couple of well overdue free kicks early in the 3rd quarter, it opened up and we got into the game. Up until that point, poor old Grundy was being held in a rugby tackle at every bounce - it was really awful officiating, and I suspect someone at half time had a quiet word with the umpires.
The AFL gave the dud umpires for the dud time slot. I suspect most if not all of them umpired their last game of the year. Umpire 12 should consider whether umpiring is for him after last night’s performance.

Last edited:

Nick Daicos may have had a cup of tea though, they will need to cover that
Yeah didn’t think of that - funny the 3 favourite players for the Brownlow are all finished for the year now. And the bloke who should have won it is still playing finals. So they’ll be down to holiday snaps of Daicos, The Bont & Cripps, or their trips to the shops.

Logan undoes much of his hard work by taking enough time to bake a leg of lamb when he kicks from on the wing. Lack of confidence? I don't know but hopefully he improves the more games he plays.

Hawks & Port will murder us at the clearances if we don't fix it - I don't know HOW we're actually going to because its been a pain the back half of year for us I feel and I'm not seeing.
Logan plays the wing role like he doesn’t understand what forwards need. When Buddy, Richardson and other natural full forwards mark on the wing, they swing around immediately to get the ball in quickly.

Logan is a smart player but sometimes he needs to stop thinking and trust his instincts.

Just watching Offsiders -a great wrap for our boys. But why and how does that stupid old Roy Masters still get on. He still can’t accept that the AFL is a part of Australian sport. He’s just full of hot air.
Never heard of this until now. Just watched and really enjoyed it! I know people have issues with Caro and Kelli but I thought this was a really good natured vibe.

Way too much credit there KS! I know plenty of others like Punts, TheMase, Kapers to name a few have been huge fans of McInerney's from the start!
That may be so, but I didn't have a fight about it with them... so I don't remember it!

You called him a gun after 10 games or so, and I said it was too early to call. Plenty of players look like they'll be guns but never make 50 games! You agreed with this, but were still adamant that he was gun already!!!

So I remember it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly though, we’re nothing without Rampe. When everyone else was getting in each other’s way and spoiling each other, he was a low key colossus, calming everything down and not letting it get out of hand. Imagine if it was Francis instead. We’d have been down by 80 by the time Campbell came on.

Port would’ve been completely different with Rampe in. We might still have lost, but certainly not by 112 points.
Our ‘heart and soul’ spine is Rampe, Rowbottom and Papley. They give their all, all game, every game.

I trust them more than any others players. They rarely let the team down because they play with the responsibility of serving the team first and foremost, and are good enough to play with a whole of team perspective at all times.

That may be so, but I didn't have a fight about it with them... so I don't remember it!

You called him a gun after 10 games or so, and I said it was too early to call. Plenty of players look like they'll be guns but never make 50 games! You agreed with this, but were still adamant that he was gun already!!!

So I remember it...
Well you know what they say, a broken clock is right twice a day :p

Melican being our best rebounding weapon all game was not on my bingo card, but I will take it! The absolute confidence to just push off his opponent and take off on a run to clear it out. That's huge in killing opposition entries.
I have rated Melican’s rebounding kicking for a while. With teams working out how to limit Blakey’s influence by making him accountable, and if we can find that elusive KPD recruit, I wouldn’t mind seeing Melican spending more time in the Blakey role and Blakey spending more time up the wing or through the midfield.

Oh yes he is - you could see Caro, Kelli and the other bloke on there just get that”oh shut up you stupid old man” look on their faces.
People treat him like some wise old sage, but all I see is someone banging on like a scratched record, with barely concealed resentment about how the superior spectacle of Aussie Rules has made inroads in NSW and QLD at the expense of his beloved rugby league.

I’d rather he just came out and said he effing hates Aussie Rules.

I have rated Melican’s rebounding kicking for a while. With teams working out how to limit Blakey’s influence by making him accountable, and if we can find that elusive KPD recruit, I wouldn’t mind seeing Melican spending more time in the Blakey role and Blakey spending more time up the wing or through the midfield.
His kicking is still a bit iffy for mine, though he's better than McCartin in that regard. I just think he moves so well and takes the game on aggressively. Not sure I have seen him look so fit and fast than he has this year.

Given how much history there has been between Sydney and GWS in a mere 12 years. I think this has the potential to be one of the best rivalries in footy.

The only thing missing is a substantial GWS fan base.

If I know my bigfooty correctly, that's about 35m? The SCG is really small you know and those 50m arcs aren't actually 50.
Healey pre-taped a really good segment on that issue for Fox.

He finally put the whole ‘mini ground’ myth to bed - in realty the SCG is now almost exactly the same size as the Gabba.

Healey pre-taped a really good segment on that issue for Fox.

He finally put the whole ‘mini ground’ myth to bed - in realty the SCG is now almost exactly the same size as the Gabba.

Doesn't matter who or what anyone says about the ground.

Most people are morons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back