Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is such an unbelievably sick photo that it ALMOST makes me forgive Jake Lloyd for turning and celebrating with the crowd before his teammates.

IMG_5072.jpeg

Missed this one on the weekend - I think Lachlan missed the point of why the Swans did what they did.

What was the point?

This is such an unbelievably sick photo that it ALMOST makes me forgive Jake Lloyd for turning and celebrating with the crowd before his teammates.

View attachment 2105685
Tbf it did feel like we had a lot of our goals from a slingshot turnover an thus the goal kicker was closer to the crowd than the nearest team mate, also they occurred at key moments so getting the crowd up and about even if they weren't already was a goo thing

View attachment 2105685

heck team mates Id do a lap of the ground to celebrate a goal first

Tbf it did feel like we had a lot of our goals from a slingshot turnover an thus the goal kicker was closer to the crowd than the nearest team mate, also they occurred at key moments so getting the crowd up and about even if they weren't already was a goo thing
Yeah I don't blame the players at all, it's just a weird thing I have.

Different story if we loose but who the hell cares as we won the game. They thrived off the crowds energy etc

This is only an issue for people who haven't played sport at any level.

Anyway I thought Florent and Campbell winning ground balls inside 50 late was great. GWS defenders looked buggered but I think it was still a template for how much more dangerous we can be in the forward line when we have players swooping on loose ground balls with speed.

Cunningham is getting a lot of praise for the job he did on Daniels and deservedly so yet Jordon seems to be getting little love for the role he had in quelling Whitfield. Some may say that Whitfield had 18 kicks hence JJ didn't really nullify him, but half of those kicks were from kick ins after points.
At the start of the year most of us thought Grundy and Adams were to be our big new toys and JJ would just add to our depth. How wrong has that turned out to be.
James Jordan is the quiet achiever -I love what he has brought to the team.

Not taking away from that magnificent contribution from Davis that got us through to the PF, it was his standout contribution in that finals series. A twenty minute wonderful, brilliant cameo. But not quite in the league of what Heeney did for four quarters on Saturday or, indeed, has done the whole season long.
Yes very much agreed, but the impact of the 2 players in a game to get us to a prelim is equally awe inspiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because he has far more chance of playing at North rather than 3 years in our reserves.

They're also right in that window where if things align they could accelerate up the ladder reasonably quickly.

Fourth Quarter, 16:30 left on the clock, I wasn’t convinced James Peatling’s round the corner shot on goal went in at the time, and looking at the replay, I’m still not.

Not trying to drum up conspiracy theories; just interested what others think.

And let’s face it, there’s bugger all else to do till Friday week.

Fourth Quarter, 16:30 left on the clock, I wasn’t convinced James Peatling’s round the corner shot on goal went in at the time, and looking at the replay, I’m still not.

Yeah I thought the same, but not one commentator on any medium questioned it, so figured it was just a camera angle. I thought at best it went over the top of the post.

In the end though there were far more obvious decisions that went against the Swans which were not a 50/50 decision. Prior to the opening bounce I didn't realise that any tackle by a player wearing red was an automatic high and any player wearing orange could go high and it was fair

On our last trip, we also had the stopover in Singapore. From 8am to 10pm. Was a long day.
It costs a bit but last time we had a long layover in Changi we took a room in the Transit Hotel and slept. Comes with a meal (fairly ordinary) but beats sitting up or lying on a hard seat.
Have done similar in a few other places too - Vancouver, Santiago, Johannesburg, KL. Makes long flights more bearable.

Yeah I thought the same, but not one commentator on any medium questioned it, so figured it was just a camera angle. I thought at best it went over the top of the post.

In the end though there were far more obvious decisions that went against the Swans which were not a 50/50 decision. Prior to the opening bounce I didn't realise that any tackle by a player wearing red was an automatic high and any player wearing orange could go high and it was fair
I had a good angle and thought it was OK.

Lucky for you, I've got an exclusive image from the AFL review box, confirming it was actually a goal hahaha, as per attached:cool:

In all seriousness, I think that angle is a bit deceiving, because the camera is a long way away - think it just snuck in, but was pretty tight!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-09 135410.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-09 135410.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 35
Heeney seemed to will the side to victory in a more complete way , Davis was a spectacular amount of finishing work , both magnificent moments.
Heeney on Saturday took the game by the scruff of the neck and said 'I'm not letting them win this without a fight' and dragged his team mates along. It was magnificent to watch, and one of those truly complete finals performances from a big game player.

Davis' was so good in his own way too - because the 4 goals were all so different. It is firmly in the conversation for the greatest individual quarter of footy there has been played in finals. We always see the last game every time that game is referenced, so the other 3 goals don't get the credit/recognition they deserve I don't think. That famous bake from Brett Kirk after Davis was partially at fault for Geelong's opening goal in that quarter was a true 'sliding doors' moment for our club's history. Without that fire up, I don't think Davis would have done what he did.

The inconsistency on the high tackle deliberation felt high at the ground - it didn't go any lower in various viewings of the replay!

Thought exactly the same thing at the time fwiw. Especially with the replay after the add break it really did look like a miss - willing to concede the goal ump was in perfect position to tell however and the ball may have moved about a bit after going through making it look worse than it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back