Ins and Outs against the Bulldogs ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ins + Outs against the Bulldogs

Nyone like to estmate the goal difference in swapping young for crawf ? I'd say one or two less.

Youg an run out 4 quarters. Unfortunately Crawf cannot....

Crawf has more to offer than Dew,he can run and acummulate more than a dozen possesions a game and with Young,Changa,Birchall,Hodge,Ellis and Ladson will help break the lines where Stewey Dew will not.

Wait and see with injuries - but Shane Crawford's last 15 years have earnt him a game, if he is fit, in this finals series.

First Clarko needs to have a quiet word with Mitchell same as he did with Crawf to pull his head in, and if Willo and brown are both unable to play i will be bit concerned especialy with Brown now kicking goals i dont think the dogs coyld match him.
Stokes must come back in but who will replace one or two if Willo and Brown cant make it ?

I think Crawf should get in, as long as his knees holds up (hope so), just can't play finals without Crawf, he's been good

I think Renouf has done really well, would hate to see him dropped.

Young has an amazing kick on him, I don't think he should be dropped.

Would like to see Stokes and Tuck play in finals.

I got lots of ins, but can't think of any outs. Well, maybe Dew, but he has been good too, and that bit of experience in finals could be priceless.

Can't we have more than 22? Please........

I had the binoc's on Brown,Mitch,Hodge deep in discussion in the last few minutes on the bench.

Brown was very 'up', didnt look too uncomfortable with an injury, i think he is okay.
Willo on the other hand looked very sore slumped in the back, he is the worry, watching him run off, the problem looks to be lower back.

It begs the question Boiler kicking 7 goals at Box Hill......will this be enough to break into the senior side, with Crawf still another week away.

Good in the second when there was easy space, but he was sloppy in the first half though when the heat was on.

I think he was pretty good overall, but someone has to make way.....

You are a person that listens to the radio too much and hangs on the every breath of commentators. you seem to only like the high profile players, and then those that you don't quite know and who doesn't get high praise is expendable. i encourage you to watch the football without the commentry and don't read any of the papers. i think that your opinion on young would change and you wouldn't consider dropping.

his role is very unique in our structure. he has pace and can bomb the ball long. put simply he gets the ball from one end to the other very quickly, much quicker than any other player, apart from franklin. he also, like bateman, is attacking and creates a lot of run, which are important aspects in modern football.

as i've said before, I'd drop guerra or ladson. their role can be easily replaced. there are plenty of other guys who can play that quarter back role or take the kickins- particularly hodge since he's been roaming in the back half in recent weeks.

can someone actually tell me a time or send me some footage of guerra spoling an opponent with a fist. i have never seen it once. for a defender, it is absolutely ridiculous!

i'd also agree on dew as well. his limited athleticism could cost us, particularly if he gets injured during one of the finals.

my advice for people, is to watch the game and not listen to the hype. then you form an opinion that is close to reality, and gives us the best chance of winning finals.

just watch the replay of Youngys precision pass to Hodge for a goal in the first term... a perfectly weighted 50m pass!

couldn't decide really who to drop , except for Renouf (thats easy, he hasnt been a vital part of our side as yet).

would like to see Taylor, Crawford & definately Stokes back in the squad though.

Honestly not fussed about seeing Tuck, Morton or Kennedy play again this year.

as i've said before, I'd drop guerra or ladson. their role can be easily replaced. there are plenty of other guys who can play that quarter back role or take the kickins- particularly hodge since he's been roaming in the back half in recent weeks.

You are a person that listens to the radio too much and hangs on the every breath of commentators. you seem to only like the high profile players, and then those that you don't quite know and who doesn't get high praise is expendable.

Centimetre Perfect.

my advice for people, is to watch the game and not listen to the hype. then you form an opinion that is close to reality, and gives us the best chance of winning finals.

You might want to listen to your own advice mate. You are posting a fair bit of crap tonight.

Easily replace Ladson and Goo ??!!

Roll on down to the club and explain this logic to the players themselves. Would be interested to see the response....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must say, Taylor for Renouf is the easy one.

I would have thought for Crawf to come in, Young or Murphy were the only potential omissions, since Ladson, Dew and Guerra seem to be automatic selections and the others are clearly in our best 18.

Whilst he has played well of late, for me it would be Murphy. I don't think he is strong enough for a Scott Welsh, Mitch Hahn or Robert Murphy and not clever enough for Aker, Cooney or Johnston.

I'm going to suggest the unthinkable here, but should Crawf be rested for one more game, perhaps? ...

Stokes and Crawford will both be considered for the Dogs game as they have a heap of runners.

Crawf is hanging on just. Bench player at best when our side is playing well.

X Ellis will make way for Crawford and Taylor will come in for Renouf.

Not saying I agree with it but thats what I think will happen....

Id imagine it will be

IN Taylor, Crawford
OUT Renouf, Young

B Guerra, Gilham, Ladson
HB Birchall, Croad, Hodge
C Lewis, Mitchell, Bateman
HF Rioli, Franklin, Osborne
F Brown, Roughead, Williams
R Campbell, Sewell, Ellis

IC Taylor, Crawford, Dew, Murphy

EM Young, Stokes, Dowler

I dont particularly want to drop Young, but he seems the most like for like replacement for Hodge.
Ellis must play if we are to persist with Hodge down back, to cover him in the guts, and release Lewis to the wing.

Can't see young going out of the team. Renouf out for tails. Murphy out... crawf in. Murphy seems to make those once a game brain farts that costs a stupid goal. Saying that he has been okay the past couple.

Hmmmm

Finals: Body size, experience, composure all become much much more important than the regular season. A open paced game at the TD compared to a final at the G against the Cats or Roos is a very different prospect, you have to take that in mind.

Crawford and Taylor both in, they were rested so keep them in mint condition for finals, straight back in, no questions asked.

Outs: hmmmm

Candidates:

Dew, Young, Ellis

Dew:

Pros: Brings experience to the table, makes the most of his disposals, and was drafted to play finals.

Cons: Isn't getting into the game very much, and could be found out against the Bulldogs with their run and disposal which will look to break our cluster.

Young

Pros: Pacey, great kick, seems to add a bit of flair to the side, and contributes on the scoreboard:

Cons: Body size, not great under pressure on occasions, inexperienced, and a bit hit and miss with form

Ellis:

Pros: Quality player, talented, calm under pressure, and has been in good form

Cons: Isn't penetrating with his kick like Dew and Young, we have others who fill his role.Its more about structure than picking the best 22, as Ellis is better than both Dew and Young, but can he play that linking role and is his long kicking as damaging at the moment?

Gee I don't know.

Given its a final, I'm gonna go Young or Ellis, I think Dew will play.

Ellis is better, Young offers more run and longer kicking...

Probably back Ellis to play, as he seems more composed under pressure, and talent rises in the finals, but Young would be very unlucky and a good player to have as our 23rd man.

Poor Ellis...had played 20 out of 20 matches this season and was on fire and finally becoming a young star then he gets dropped or rested for a match...and isn't in best 22 until a late call up and now he could miss the first final? Weird but thats the nature of the beast. We are slowly developing some great depth.

Id imagine it will be

IN Taylor, Crawford
OUT Renouf, Young

B Guerra, Gilham, Ladson
HF Rioli, Franklin, Osborne
F Brown, Roughead, Williams

IC Taylor, Crawford, Dew, Murphy

EM Young, Stokes, Dowler

I dont particularly want to drop Young, but he seems the most like for like replacement for Hodge.
Ellis must play if we are to persist with Hodge down back, to cover him in the guts, and release Lewis to the wing.

yes, indeed there is a great deal of imagination on this board.

people here wouldn't have made the changes a few years ago that has put us into the position we're in now. young was brought back into the team because the coaches know what he brings to the table. murphy was brought into the team because the coaches knew we needed a stronger defence.

my team and the changes:

IN Taylor, Crawford
OUT Renouf, Guerra

B Brown, Gilham, Ladson
HF Crawford, Franklin, Osborne
F Rioli, Roughead, Williams

IC Taylor, Young, Dew, Murphy

EM Young, Stokes, Dowler

That team looks far more accountable and potent to play well in the finals.

young may be skinny, but he does his job well and gives us something that others can't: quick and long transition. that's something that will go over the heads of most here. since young has come back, we have looked better IMO, and have won 2 games easily. during his time out we lost quite a few.

remember that guerra was let go by 2 clubs. he's been good for us during our rebuild due to having many young players, but now is the time to let the young player take us to the next step that guerra can't.

i'm still waiting for the footage of guerra spoiling with a fist...:confused:

You might want to listen to your own advice mate. You are posting a fair bit of crap tonight.

Easily replace Ladson and Goo ??!!

Roll on down to the club and explain this logic to the players themselves. Would be interested to see the response....

ok then, why aren't they replaceable? we have some good depth as everyone here should acknowledge with the other players suggested.

can't everyone see that we need defenders that are good at stopping their opponent and then getting the ball. these guys are not good at stopping their opponent.

people here must surely appreciate that.:confused:

what do they bring to the table that others can't?

I personally think guerra and ladson are the same type of player as birchall, except he's better defensively and younger. he's still got more improvement left i think.

Hard to drop anyone..... But......

Out Renouf, Young.

In Taylor, Crawford.

Nup, Youngy earned it, played brilliant last two weeks. will play

Would be nice to see stokes in the squad, but I could not see anyone else getting dropped.
No room

OK, let's get one thing absolutely clear - Murphy isn't going anywhere.
Spot on. Bullies are a lot of mid heights (Murphy,Welsh,Gianwhatthetruck, etc) that Murph matches up to. Seems that everybody wants the goal kickers without a backline?

Don't know what others think but Murphy is very good. Against the blues provided run, took on players and kicked well.
:thumbsu:

X Ellis will make way for Crawford This is a joke yeah? and Taylor will come in for Renouf.

Not saying I agree with it but thats what I think will happen....

Murphy's been great, we desperately need him for those midsized forwards that cause us much trouble.:thumbsu:

I like the idea of Suzie keeping his spot:thumbsu:

Crawfs pace has diminished terriby this year with his tendonitis, and he can't run out wide with Griffens and such where Youngy can.

Do you know what??

I'm going to go with no changes, unless Mad Dog really has done an ankle. He lives with Buddy and Jordan Lewis, about 25 houses around the corner. Who dares me to go an knock to get the info????:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins and Outs against the Bulldogs ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back