C: Lovett Watson Houli
HF: Winderlich McPhee Welsh
FF: Daniher Lloyd Monfries
R: Hille Watson Stanton
INT: Myers, Laycock, Dyson, Reimers

In: Myers, Dempsey, Daniher
Out: Slattery, Johns, Fletcher (Inj), Pears

Analysis:
If Dempsey is available then I would have no hesitation picking him for this game given that Bendigo are not playing this week. I'm very worried about Port's small forwards, I think they're really going to cause us a lot of grief if we're not accountable. The Johns decision is 'iffy' and was only dropped due to Port not having many tall forwards, in saying that if Mal was dropped to see how Johns would go as FB I wouldn't complain (no slur on big Mal). Further, Daniher to me is an obvious inclusion due to his solid 3 weeks at Bendigo kicking 3, 3 and 4 goals - IMO we need another marking option and Laycock isn't doing enough. Whilst by his standards Myers had a bad game against Sandy, he had a good two weeks prior and had it not been for the 5 day break would've been close to selection on Anzac Day.

Wrap-up:
Still no where near the team we should have on the park but we have to make do, there could be countless arguments to drop numerous players this week so it will be really interesting to see who does get omitted. The one structural change I have gone with is Winderlich to half-forward with the view to substitute Davey's pace in the F50 and the fact that Winderlich as a defender is not working as well as he would hope.

Edit:
Forgot about Pears, I've got 22 players so I'm a bit confused there???

daniher (deserves it) for fletcher
and bring in some small quick players who i think are being rested to be on the safe side and one of these players season is over :mad:
At the beginning of the year we had so many players fighting for a position and now... it sucks cant wait until we vs sydney! bring back some players!

myers doesnt deserve selection this week

He deserves it on the basis that a) we need more players who won't turn the ball over 50 times a game and b) his previous two weeks in VFL warrant a selection

Dempsey - wont play, its cotton wool treatment here, if he does another one this year it could be curtains. No way they will risk him in the ones.
Hislop - Isnt match fit
Myers - Had a shocker wont get a game
Jetta - Wont rush him back
Johno - Finished
Bellchambers - NOwhere near it

In Daniher
Out Fletcher

The only player that may get a game would be Atkinson if he wasnt a rookie.

I felt on the w/e the one good thing about the game is that CJ will never play another game for Ess but he will probably play this week.

Daniher should be put in for sure.
Myers maybe

Anyone who watched the bendigo game would know 100% that JJ should not play another game in the 1's.

CJ still hasn't played that many games, I think we should leave him in aswell.

Slattery wasn't out worst player on friday
Dyson, McPhee, Reimers, NLM, and Monfries were all struggling.

So one of them for Myers....

Dempsey in maybe (the games on sunday :thumbsu: )

Daniher should be put in for sure.
Myers maybe

Anyone who watched the bendigo game would know 100% that JJ should not play another game in the 1's.

CJ still hasn't played that many games, I think we should leave him in aswell.

Slattery wasn't out worst player on friday
Dyson, McPhee, Reimers, NLM, and Monfries were all struggling.

So one of them for Myers....

Dempsey in maybe (the games on sunday :thumbsu: )
Um good info BUT

that courtney johns stuff was just bull
he has played that many games
1. because of that injury he had the first few years
2. but not only that but he cant play in the 1's.
he shoulda just been suspended so doesnt have to feel the sadness of being axed this week

Dempsey - wont play, its cotton wool treatment here, if he does another one this year it could be curtains. No way they will risk him in the ones.
Hislop - Isnt match fit
Myers - Had a shocker wont get a game
Jetta - Wont rush him back
Johno - Finished
Bellchambers - NOwhere near it

In Daniher
Out Fletcher

The only player that may get a game would be Atkinson if he wasnt a rookie.

I felt on the w/e the one good thing about the game is that CJ will never play another game for Ess but he will probably play this week.

With Davey now out for the season you'd think he'd be put on the LTI list. Does this give Atkinson the chance to be promoted? And if so will he be considered?

Atkinson isn't that much. Magin is better but too small.

Considering the new injury list and the fact Bendigo doesn't play this week, I not think that we should/might do the following:

In: Daniher, Myers, Jetta, (Dempsey)
Out: Fletcher, Monfries, Johns, (Rama/NLM)

Daniher for Fletcher playing forward.
Myers down back for Johns.
Jetta for Monfries for forward and midfield rotations.
Dempsey in for Rama/NLM if Dempsey is ready to go.

Atkinson isn't that much. Magin is better but too small.

Considering the new injury list and the fact Bendigo doesn't play this week, I not think that we should/might do the following:

In: Daniher, Myers, Jetta, (Dempsey)
Out: Fletcher, Monfries, Johns, (Rama/NLM)

Daniher for Fletcher playing forward.
Myers down back for Johns.
Jetta for Monfries for forward and midfield rotations.
Dempsey in for Rama/NLM if Dempsey is ready to go.
Jetta and Demspey are "test"

Um good info BUT

that courtney johns stuff was just bull
he has played that many games
1. because of that injury he had the first few years
2. but not only that but he cant play in the 1's.
he shoulda just been suspended so doesnt have to feel the sadness of being axed this week

1.You can't blame him for being injured so much, We knew that when we got him on board.
2. He wasn't the worst player last weekend. Knights put him on Pendles he was always going to get murdered IMO.

Put him up forward with Lloyd and Daniher. So our tall forwards won't always get double teamed.

slattery is pathetic
monfries is crap
watson costs us more than he benefits us
nash ____s up as much as anyone
rama is past it
winders is being played out of position
cj is a forward
fletch is a defender
lloyd is a full forward from the square
dyson should not be used as a tagger. when he gets the ball things happen

true that. what about slattery. always screws up. he does not have skills and is not wuick enough for the game plan. never been a fan. but is not going to help win us a flag. monfries same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people want Jetta and Demspey in the team quickly. But we need to bring them in through Bendigo to make sure they are 100%. We don't want anymore injuries.

I'm hoping they will both be back for the Sydney clash but I've got a feeling that Knighter will save Jetta's brilliance for Dreamtime at the G.

F___ everything else I said.

I just want Hislop in the team now.....He's a F___ing Gun. Just saw the replay of the Bendigo game.

PS. Soz Merve for the Swearing. I know you've been on my back for a while now.
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

When does patience turn into blind foolishness?? It is precisely this sort of reasoning that has kept him on the list for too long. And it is this sort of reasoning that makes our list, at least the 22-27 year-olds, what it is today. One of Essendon's great strengths historically, has been its loyalty and solidarity as a club.. for the good of the club, loyalty can only be extended so far. I can not see how playing Johns is essential. For me, the essential move is to play guys who might make it -- neagle, etc. Johns has given us glimpses throughout his career and that is what has kept him on the list.. Glimpses are exactly what you are after with first, even second year players. If we have any nous as a club, we SHOULD expect MORE than what Johns has given us at this point after 5 or so years on the list..THe horse has bolted with Johns...

You may recall last year Ricky Dyson had, like Johns, had often played games where he had shown glimpses of brilliance; kicking a running goal etc. Many had written him off and wanted either him traded or him de-listed. However we persisted with him and he is now regular in our side.

This is why we should play Johns. He has shown that he can do good things, he just needs to find consistency and a way to keep himself from having extended lapses in concentration where he goes missing in the game. Considering our likely result for the year, we must play these guys to give them one last chance, so that we do not miss out on potential players.

My team vs Port:

B: Rama Michael NLM
HB: Nash Ryder Dempsey
C: Lovett Watson Houli
HF: Winderlich McPhee Welsh
FF: Daniher Lloyd Monfries
R: Hille Watson Stanton
INT: Myers, Laycock, Dyson, Reimers

In: Myers, Dempsey, Daniher
Out: Slattery, Johns, Fletcher (Inj), Pears

Analysis:
If Dempsey is available then I would have no hesitation picking him for this game given that Bendigo are not playing this week. I'm very worried about Port's small forwards, I think they're really going to cause us a lot of grief if we're not accountable. The Johns decision is 'iffy' and was only dropped due to Port not having many tall forwards, in saying that if Mal was dropped to see how Johns would go as FB I wouldn't complain (no slur on big Mal). Further, Daniher to me is an obvious inclusion due to his solid 3 weeks at Bendigo kicking 3, 3 and 4 goals - IMO we need another marking option and Laycock isn't doing enough. Whilst by his standards Myers had a bad game against Sandy, he had a good two weeks prior and had it not been for the 5 day break would've been close to selection on Anzac Day.

Wrap-up:
Still no where near the team we should have on the park but we have to make do, there could be countless arguments to drop numerous players this week so it will be really interesting to see who does get omitted. The one structural change I have gone with is Winderlich to half-forward with the view to substitute Davey's pace in the F50 and the fact that Winderlich as a defender is not working as well as he would hope.

Edit:
Forgot about Pears, I've got 22 players so I'm a bit confused there???

LMAO at this post and every other nutty comment that is being spewed out on this thread.

Some of you should really have a good read of some of the stuff that you have posted and ask yourself some hard questions.

One would be.... "Do I just make ridiculous comments up in my head and post them on BF because I'm an idiot?"

Some of you are losing your minds. But this is what losing alot does to fans.

Younger Essendon supporters don't know what its like to be at Rd 5 and realise that the team is not going to be anywhere near a GF for years to come. This is as bad it gets. But every team has been through it in the last 15 years. Its our turn.

Btw...when is some body going to start a "lets start tanking games to make sure we draft Daniel Rich?"

We could do with a classy midfielder...

You may recall last year Ricky Dyson had, like Johns, had often played games where he had shown glimpses of brilliance; kicking a running goal etc. Many had written him off and wanted either him traded or him de-listed. However we persisted with him and he is now regular in our side.

This is why we should play Johns. He has shown that he can do good things, he just needs to find consistency and a way to keep himself from having extended lapses in concentration where he goes missing in the game. Considering our likely result for the year, we must play these guys to give them one last chance, so that we do not miss out on potential players.

agree 100%

The difference is Johns is playing key position. Dyson can get away with his errors to some extent, whereas with Johns any lapses in concentration costs us a goal.

Theres no spot in the side for him as far as I'm concerned, even with dustin out.

Up forward hes proved hes no good and down back we already have mal and paddy.

Playing well in the 2's doesn't mean jack if you can't perform in the 1's, just ask kepler...

[/b]

LMAO at this post and every other nutty comment that is being spewed out on this thread.

Some of you should really have a good read of some of the stuff that you have posted and ask yourself some hard questions.

One would be.... "Do I just make ridiculous comments up in my head and post them on BF because I'm an idiot?"

Some of you are losing your minds. But this is what losing alot does to fans.

Younger Essendon supporters don't know what its like to be at Rd 5 and realise that the team is not going to be anywhere near a GF for years to come. This is as bad it gets. But every team has been through it in the last 15 years. Its our turn.

Btw...when is some body going to start a "lets start tanking games to make sure we draft Daniel Rich?"

We could do with a classy midfielder...

Ummm...

What's so funny about my post? Care to explain?

I simply put forward some changes to the team for this week and explained each one - what are you smoking? :confused::confused:

The difference is Johns is playing key position. Dyson can get away with his errors to some extent, whereas with Johns any lapses in concentration costs us a goal.

Theres no spot in the side for him as far as I'm concerned, even with dustin out.

Up forward hes proved hes no good and down back we already have mal and paddy.

Playing well in the 2's doesn't mean jack if you can't perform in the 1's, just ask kepler...

Johns needs game time. Everytime he has been brought into the side he is out a week later. Give him 3-4 weeks of constant play to get his confidence up and see what he can actually do, instead of one week where the whole team played poorly but he is our scapegoat. If anyone should be booted its Slattery he has been below average for weeks on end.

Johns needs game time. Everytime he has been brought into the side he is out a week later.
Give him 3-4 weeks of constant play to get his confidence up and see what he can actually do, instead of one week where the whole team played poorly but he is our scapegoat. If anyone should be booted its Slattery he has been below average for weeks on end.

Are you for f---ing real mate?:rolleyes:..as Ramsey would say shaking his head... "F--k Me"

Smyth,if can't work out whats funny about your post then there's no point trying to explain it to your little brain.

:)

:rolleyes:

Are you for f---ing real mate?:rolleyes:..as Ramsey would say shaking his head... "F--k Me"

Smyth,if can't work out whats funny about your post then there's no point trying to explain it to your little brain.

I'm sorry mate I still don't get it can you please explain?

You do realise that KPP take longer to develop... The most games he has had in a row is 4, funny how KP get alot more shit for having not performed as expected yet most of our midfielders seem to get an abundance of chances. Monfries 52 games before the start of this year in three seasons how can he get that many without performing up to standard but Johns gets 20 in three seasons, give the man a chance. 20 games is not much of a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back