Game Day Intraclub Match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My best memory for the numbers of the BHH players was:
34 Blue - Walker: 11 Orange - Mullinger McHugh; 11 Blue - Mascitti; 14 Orange - Moore; 13 Blue - Meadows ; 13 Blue - Mackie; 20 Orange - Cucinotta. Some players changed numbers and I'm happy to be corrected.
HH am I right in thinking Walker showed a fair bit at last years intra then copped the death of the dev league curse where he missed out on playing Seniors at Box Hill a lot because there was nowhere else for Hawks to play the kids like CJ?

Everyone was very bullish on Ned R getting a spot
I'm still bullish on Reeves. 208cm kid who can play but is raw. They don't come on trees and is worth investing. Ruckman don't hit their straps until 24-25. Which is why I was surprised that St Kilda let McEvoy go when they did.

Most of the predictions come from this route:

"X Y and Z could make finals"

"OK who makes way for them?"

"err maybe Sydney, Geelong and....Hawks?"

I don't think anyone really prosecutes a case for teams slipping.

So having a poor finals series seems to equate to predictions of missing in the following year. Thats OK but the last two premiers say you could just as likely go on win the flag in the subsequent year.

HH am I right in thinking Walker showed a fair bit at last years intra then copped the death of the dev league curse where he missed out on playing Seniors at Box Hill a lot because there was nowhere else for Hawks to play the kids like CJ?
Lachie Walker was very good in last year's intra. DOB 05/06/97, 188 cms, 84 kgs. Killing off the DL has been detrimental to the development of AFL listed and rookie players as well as young players coming out of the TAC. It has made it very difficult for the BHH to retain and recruit players. If the DL was given 10% of the money thrown into women's football it would have continued.

Lachie Walker was very good in last year's intra. DOB 05/06/97, 188 cms, 84 kgs. Killing off the DL has been detrimental to the development of AFL listed and rookie players as well as young players coming out of the TAC. It has made it very difficult for the BHH to retain and recruit players. If the DL was given 10% of the money thrown into women's football it would have continued.

Rather see 100% of the money invested into AFLX than Women's football being compromised

Did Hardwick spend any time in the middle? He is tough, good size, beautiful disposal and now with a couple of seasons under his belt ..... I would like to see him rotated there at times especially given that we need to find other options to cover Tom.

Did Hardwick spend any time in the middle? He is tough, good size, beautiful disposal and now with a couple of seasons under his belt ..... I would like to see him rotated there at times especially given that we need to find other options to cover Tom.

I'd rather him stay back and rotate Burgers, Shiels, Howe, Jaeger, Wings, Worps, Poppy and Morrison through there and potentially provide new opportunities to Cuz or Moore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather him stay back and rotate Burgers, Shiels, Howe, Jaeger, Wings, Worps, Poppy and Morrison through there and potentially provide new opportunities to Cuz or Moore.

Agree I think we have a number of players that can rotate through the midfield (can add in Impey, Roughy, Hendo, Breust) but to match sides like Pies, Tigers, GWS and WC in that area we need another gun in there. I reckon JOM and Wingard are in that category, hoping Worps gets there but for this season the next best on our list that has the ability and attributes to become an A grade mid is Dimma. The year he was drafted our first 3 picks went to find future midfielders anticipating the retirements we had approaching. I see Dimma similar to the progression of Sidebottom fingers crossed he can follow. But having said all this I trust in Clarko.

TOB is a bit similar to a few Australian test cricket players ..... how many chances can you get. He is not upto it AFL standards. But I also bagged Lyon early in his career so would love TOB to prove me wrong!

Plus our forward line is still, at least potentially, ridiculously potent. If Rough can get back somewhere close to his '13 and '14 form, now that the burden of the captaincy has been taken from his shoulders, it's still one of the elite forward lines in the league.
Potent yes, but expecting a player in his 30s to play like he did as a 26 yr old is a bit hopeful

TOB is a bit similar to a few Australian test cricket players ..... how many chances can you get. He is not upto it AFL standards. But I also bagged Lyon early in his career so would love TOB to prove me wrong!

I still think there's space there for T'OB to 'make it'; he's certainly got the skills. He needs two things, however - to find his spot in the team (it seems we're committed to leaving him in defence this year), and confidence.

We'll see how this season pans out before putting a line through him.

Meadows was OK but not sure he deserves rave reviews. Comparing him to Minchington, I'd take the Minch every time. Meadows seems too blue collar. Minch goes missing but his top end is pretty high. This is a massive chance for Minch. He has Poppy who is the ideal model and behind him is Moore who will not die wondering.

Reeves laid a nice tackle and a very neat flip tap to Worp in a centre square stoppage. Clean takeaways will be vital. Did his chances no harm.

I saw nothing and only read reports and a few gushing words, unsolicited, by Jaeger.
His words, during the practice match from the sideline. Luke Meadows is a gun.

He didn't need to make any comment at all about a BH trier.
He could have been lightly complimentary.
Instead, with a huge smile and obvious enjoyment of the moment, he was impressed.

I'll take that impression and think Luke might be worth giving another careful look over by the brass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Intraclub Match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back