News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me, the 7 year Contract for Taranto, who's had a "grumbly" back this year & forced him to miss games ......should raise more alarm bells, than a young & fit Rankine on a 5 year Contract for similar money

RICH seem to be getting plaudits for striking a low blow, to end the fight ? ......what's different to what we've done ?
Richmond will offer a fair trade, as they have done in the past. We apparently are not prepared to trade fairly according to the Vic media, and we have recent bad trading form with Dawson and Hately. We'll cop plenty of stick and the worry is the behind scenes work by the AFL as it's their club we're trying to low ball.

Richmond will offer a fair trade, as they have done in the past. We apparently are not prepared to trade fairly according to the Vic media, and we have recent bad trading form with Dawson and Hately. We'll cop plenty of stick and the worry is the behind scenes work by the AFL as it's their club we're trying to low ball.
I think GWS have a serious salary cap problem and have no choice but to offload a player of his calibre which the Vic media don't seem to have an issue with

You would have through that Richmond, knowing how the Grundy 7 year contact is playing out, would be hesitant to offer a deal that long?

If I was GWS, I'd be demanding 12 and their first next year. The guy is 24, B&F winner, former pick 2, offered a $5m contract by Richmond.

The price for a player doesn't come much bigger than that. He's worth a lot more than Rankine in a trade scenario.
No, you're stopping a young kid who just wants to get home, GWS should accept Richmonds first or GTFO
#amidoingitright

They said that last year and draft fortnight was a dud

I reckon last year they called a slow trade period early on as list spaces, reduced cap and deals back ended due to Covid made movement difficult. A lot more movement is clear this year based on the players that want out already

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You no saying Maclure making things up?

That's unpossible

campbell-v-maclure-jpg.529405

I reckon last year they called a slow trade period early on as list spaces, reduced cap and deals back ended due to Covid made movement difficult. A lot more movement is clear this year based on the players that want out already

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That said, maybe the media has gone a touch early on that prediction .....already, we're getting players who were supposedly leaving ....re-signing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We get pick 11 or 12 somehow, trade it for Rankine, we need to sweeten the pot a bit - surely we’ve got another Ratkins-level player they’d be happy to give a five year deal to?

If I was GWS, I'd be demanding 12 and their first next year. The guy is 24, B&F winner, former pick 2, offered a $5m contract by Richmond.

The price for a player doesn't come much bigger than that. He's worth a lot more than Rankine in a trade scenario.
Further, Hopper is still contracted!

I think GWS have a serious salary cap problem and have no choice but to offload a player of his calibre which the Vic media don't seem to have an issue with

You would have through that Richmond, knowing how the Grundy 7 year contact is playing out, would be hesitant to offer a deal that long?
GWS can't afford both Hopper & Taranto, but they can afford to keep one of them.

Hopper is still under contract, so they can play hardball with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back