News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just matches with our board being the most prolific out of all the team boards (3.5Mill posts), we're 400k in front of the next highest, Carlton (3.1Million).
Take out the sauce posts, we’d slip back to the pack a bit.

Damian Barrett just needs to keep the chat going, what a tool.

IF ...​

Izak Rankine has chosen the Crows as his preferred footy home...

THEN ...​

this club needs to properly get its head around its first pick in the draft – No.5, which will slip to No.6 due to Will Ashcroft's father-son bidding requirements of Brisbane – will need to be used in some form. Can see this club dragging this right out, though.
Same column - if too much is asked for Bruhn, Geelong will get him for free in the PSD.

After 17 other clubs pass on him presumably?

Same column - if too much is asked for Bruhn, Geelong will get him for free in the PSD.

After 17 other clubs pass on him presumably?
Same column. West Coast should remember that they got Tim Kelly before criticizing Junior Rioli.

The same Tim Kelly that Geelong refused to trade the first time and then West Coast paid overs to get him home.

Such a vfl bias

bet hopper toranto go for 12 19 and future first 16

gellong brun 17

then expect crows pay 5 for rankine and more

reality would we give up pic 5 for 12 19 no club do that

12 19 16. Possibley

definately not top end elite talent As u get at 5

is rankine on runs on board better than hopper Taranto

answer no

does rankine have more upside yes

is 5 way too much considering yes

10 to 15 comparable to hopper toranto value

pick 5 for runs on board gun Judd type

vic bias at its finest as usual
the only way we would be giving up pick 5 is if we get 7 back and give them something else

I wouldn’t be trading McAdam. Had his best year and looked very good. I’ve got to see this 6 together next year

Rankine, Fogarty, Rachele
McAdam, Walker, Thilthorpe
It'd be nice to have someone in that forward line who's willing to play a second of defense.

It'd be nice to have someone in that forward line who's willing to play a second of defense.
I'm sick of our small forwards not kicking goals e.g. Murphy & Mchenry.

Be dangerous by kicking goals. Pressure is expected but pressure only players are a waste of a spot.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

the only way we would be giving up pick 5 is if we get 7 back and give them something else

I can't see how we get Rankine and still have pick 5 on draft day..There could be a whole lot of swapping of other picks but surely it starts with us doing something with pick 5

We won't use next year's first. That's more valuable than pick 5 this year.

I can't see how we get Rankine and still have pick 5 on draft day..There could be a whole lot of swapping of other picks but surely it starts with us doing something with pick 5

why is next years pick worth more than 5? are you expecting us to go backwards? 🤣

next years draft no better than this year thats just media spin and if you saving it for the hornet don't bother

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why is next years pick worth more than 5? are you expecting us to go backwards? 🤣

next years draft no better than this year thats just media spin and if you saving it for the hornet don't bother
No media spin about it.

Next year's draft has a lot more depth talent wise, maybe check out the upcoming U17's All Stars game and you'll pretty soon change your mind.

Sam Frangalas is one I know that's been added since the squad was announced.

No media spin about it.

Next year's draft has a lot more depth talent wise, maybe check out the upcoming U17's All Stars game and you'll pretty soon change your mind.

Sam Frangalas is one I know that's been added since the squad was announced.
Even still pick 5 this year is worth more than pick 10 or whatever next year - so i would mich prefer to not give up 5. i think people are holding out for horne but it is a fantasy

If you asked most of the comp to pick their ladder we are bottom four. If we said to the other 17 clubs our next year's first is on the table Justin Reid would be knocked over in the rush.

If you want to trade it that's fine but involving it in the Rankine deal is under selling it.

Debatable about next year's draft. One thing we know is this year's is fairly even. I don't think clubs will be looking to move up the order too much in the top 10 this year.

Last edited:
Note that GC Academy have four players in the U17 game.

I don't think we're rocketing up the ladder next year, our pick will still be single figure. So if we fall back to next years first for Rankine, we won't appear in the 2023 draft until mid 20's or later.

Maybe we'll just get Jon Ralph to do our negotiations, takes the angst away from us, the guy is a trading guru

If you asked most of the comp to pick their ladder we are bottom four. If we said to the other 17 clubs our next year's first is on the table Justin Reid would be knocked over in the rush.

If you want to trade it that's fine but involving it in the Rankine deal is under selling it.

Debatable about next year's draft. One thing we know is this year's is fairly even. I don't think clubs will be looking to move up the order too much in the top 10 this year.
Many of the ladder predictions I saw last year had us bottom 2. And yet, we finished 14th.

Totally agree, reckon Pick 5 and whatever we can wrangle after that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we lose either pick 5 or next year’s first, Reid has failed.
This is a chance to bring in a bonus first rounder. GC has no leverage. Reid has to make it happen and retain our first rounders. Not negotiable.
It will be a fair trade or just unders/overs of pick 10 or so, this isn't like the trade for Hately who didn't have any trade value so GWS didn't even want our pick but if GCS decide to go the PSD route like they did with Martin then so be it. Not our fault they are being unreasonable otherwise no fair or just unders/overs trade would get done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back