Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones will be a decent player - just not the player we hoped for when we drafted him.
McAsey looks like being a disaster - barring a miracle reversal between now and the end of 2023, when he's generally expected to exit the AFL.

Jones - disappointing, but not a disaster
McAsey - disaster
I’d put someone like Ned in that disappointing category. I think he still has a place in the 22 as of right now, but for a top 20 pick you’d be looking to identify a talent that provides more than he does

Jones still has been incredibly inconsistent and low production for a fourth year top 10 pick. There’s levels to disasters - McAsey is moreso than Jones, but I’d put them both in that category

Sloane has a spot, on the bench for the SANFL side. Exactly where a cooked 33 year old coming back from a knee reco should be in 2023.

But of course, he will be played week in, week out in the AFL side no doubt.

Exactly. You know he will, so which position is ideal?

McHenrys flank for mine. Even at 33 and comming off a knee I feel
Sloane is everything the Runt wishes to be but just isn't.

The bit that intrigued me was the reason for the 3 year deal that we may have a player on the books we had expected was going to be traded out and wasn't - M Crouch?

How would that make a difference?
(Not saying it doesn't, I just don't get how it does)

The bit that intrigued me was the reason for the 3 year deal that we may have a player on the books we had expected was going to be traded out and wasn't - M Crouch?
I think it's pretty easy to work out. Rankine is backing himself in to perform in his 3 years and then get an even bigger deal rather than playing for what they think may be less than his worth in years 4 and 5 of a longer deal. As they said, new CBA in a few years too. Crouch is only signed for 1 more year, it'd have no impact on our ability to give him a longer deal.

I think it's pretty easy to work out. Rankine is backing himself in to perform in his 3 years and then get an even bigger deal rather than playing for what they think may be less than his worth in years 4 and 5 of a longer deal. As they said, new CBA in a few years too. Crouch is only signed for 1 more year, it'd have no impact on our ability to give him a longer deal.
Reid and Adam Kelly both said as much yesterday as well

Love this

The guy will fire up for Showdowns. Hopefully the first one is our home game.

Imagine history repeats itself, instead of Dawson, Rankine from the pocket after the siren.

Pretty sure the Crows board will crash Bigfooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better than this he just said I grew up a crows supporter, port was not an option and laughed.

we need to understand that whilst horne says hes a freo supporter the truth is he probably feels the same about the crows that rankine does about port
He said he “got brought up the Port way”, whatever that means.

Probably stealing hubcaps and learning how to play Centrelink to your advantage.

He is backing himself in to be our highest paid player in a couple of years with a contract extension.
Chayce Jones hurts the most IMO. Jones is generational for being a dud. :think:

Of all the Top 10 picks in that draft, we nailed the worst.

At least Meesen and Angwin were from a completely different era where the draft was not as sophisticated as it is today. 1.png

Didn't Izak say that was what his manager advised, basically backing him in to elevate his worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Back