Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

It can happen first time. Have a look through Beyond Blue, heaps of stories. I doubt Hogan though I will use a pinger for the first time a few sleeps out from Round 1.
Its pretty clear that this incident wasn't on saturday night, there is another incident being reviewed at a pub in Mandurah tho

Jesse was choofing darts at nightclubs for years before his dad died and he was diagnosed.

Jesse needed to realise he couldn't go out like he used to in Melbs. It's a different culture. There's more people out you can get lost in, social circles are muddied, and people there are used to footballers strolling through Myer but they're also used to seeing them behaving at pubs or misbehaving at nightclubs. The football clubs over there are generally better at damage control and have a better relationship with the media.

In Perth, young people are going to be tied to similar social circles. Even if you're a no one, going to a private school and being from Claremont or Cottesloe or where he's from means you're going to know a huge amount of people. Add in the two teams, the cult of the 'Perthonality,' and the obsession people have here with it. I've seen lesser name Freo players out at the pub in South Freo where it's quieter and you still have kids trying to get photos and taking sly snapchats while they sit there bored shitless drinking beers and texting girls on their phones.

If he wanted to take drugs, he should have stayed in Melbourne and learnt to adapt to how the Dees wanted him to. He could be a bit flexible and still have fun.

In Perth, you have to be willing to chat to know-it-alls at cafés or be a total recluse like Nat Fyfe and Ross Lyon are. You cant get misbehaving. The media'll ave ya.

I loved the pingers but I haven't touched one for years. The comedowns weren't worth the fun. Not being able to sleep or eat for a day, weird headaches, aversion to the light, and paranoia that none of it would ever come back and what an idiot, stick to the Coopers. I'd try watching Seinfeld with hot and cold flushes to try and make myself laugh, and I'd try and read simple sentences on facebook and it made no sense. Quite often after a night on the piss (it only has to be 7 or 8 sometimes), I wake up with guilt, dread, and shame.

Not everyone gets terrible drug comedowns or hangxiety.

But it shocks me how many young people are so ****in dumb about drug use. The amount of people who eat six pills over a weekend festival... I just couldn't do it. It's not the smartest thing but if you're having one or even just having a half, being with friends, making sure you give it a month at least between goes, then that's a lot better than hitting the shit constantly. Stupid teenage girls gurning their round Ray Bans off at Falls Festival because Srminoffs are too expensive and pingers are trendy...

People just aren't smart about it.

Is he just dumb?

He should realise he doesn't have the physiology or brain chemistry to be able to have even the odd cap.

Or is he self-destructing?

A lot of footballers think they're so cutting edge and relevant because of their 'ha ha look at us, naughty hey!' outlook to playing AFL and taking drugs. They see it as a way to validate themselves amongst their mates, but also the subculture of 18-30 year old footy fans who fawn over guys like Tom Liberatore.

And you only have to look at Jack Watts, it's the same vein of dickhead.

These private schooled little shits who've been guaranteed this career from the age of 16 have so much entitlement. What is it with these father-son picks, high draft picks? Players from anywhere and of any ability can be the many brand of footy dickhead – sleeping with the wrong person, fighting, dumb, arrogant, severe gamblers – but it seems a lot less common for country boys to parade this whole drug schtick.

Hopefully the club can give him the support and maybe the leadership group. Gotta get his head straight and remember why he came back to perth.

I don't think anyone can know what he has dealt with. He has had a rough 12 months. But he is back home now, around family. Hopefully he can get a better headspace. Make better decisions.
Get better influences and get rid of those mates. A bit like the De Goey situation end of 2017/2018, minus the part about what Jesse has been through.

Hopefully this, given how much it has blown up, and being in a footy place like Perth, he'll realise things need to change and to get in a better place. Profesionally and for his own personal life.

I wish him all the best.

Why do two of our big messiah trades from the eastern states, who grew up supporting Freo, and have had murmurs around them never smile? Why are their eyes always so empty? Hogan is an emotionless looking dude and the other looks genuinely crushed and hurt.

Why do two of our big messiah trades from the eastern states, who grew up supporting Freo, and have had murmurs around them never smile? Why are their eyes always so empty? Hogan is an emotionless looking dude and the other looks genuinely crushed and hurt.

You answer is in your question

No I couldn't care less Rhys was a former Freo player. I've crossed paths with him a couple of times in recent years and he has acted like an absolute tool. Plus he's acted like a petulant child on social media. Throwing shoes on to a racetrack could have had serious consequences for either the animals or jockeys. It deserves all the scrutiny and criticism it got. IMO people should be jailed for that stupidity. What happened on the motorcycle is a separate thing altogether... I think everybody here wants him to pull through.
Fair enough. Probably shouldn't have combined slight concern and full on abuse in the same post then.
Anyway, as Rhys was never charged over said incident, nobody will ever know exactly what happened. Trial by media and people who've crossed paths with him a couple of times :rolleyes:

He supported Adelaide, not Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But seriously non performance enhancing drugs should be legalised and should become a health not criminal issue. Look at the way Portugal has turned around it’s drug problems. Please read about it.

Jesse needs to sort his shit out both from a mental health and drug/alcohol point of view. Then he needs to reward the club and it’s followers with a stellar season.

Go Freo!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It wasn't a mate, probably best demonstrated by the guy just calling him 'Hogan.'

The crumb should still be hunted down and dragged over the coals for behaving like a skunk.

But seriously non performance enhancing drugs should be legalised and should become a health not criminal issue. Look at the way Portugal has turned around it’s drug problems. Please read about it.

Jesse needs to sort his shit out both from a mental health and drug/alcohol point of view. Then he needs to reward the club and it’s followers with a stellar season.

Go Freo!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I watched a TED talk about Portugal. Amazing.

Fair enough. Probably shouldn't have combined slight concern and full on abuse in the same post then.
Anyway, as Rhys was never charged over said incident, nobody will ever know exactly what happened. Trial by media and people who've crossed paths with him a couple of times :rolleyes:
What? I've met lots of people who I think are douches. Are we not allowed to have opinions about people? Just because I think someone is a douche doesn't mean I want them physically hurt.

I think they might have a valid reason for delaying laying charges. The whole being in a coma thing. He admitted that he was responsible when he posted it was an accident. The question is only whether it was deliberate or just an accident whilst wrestling. FFS I wish people would think before posting.

How many accounts do you have meima?

What? I've met lots of people who I think are douches. Are we not allowed to have opinions about people? Just because I think someone is a douche doesn't mean I want them physically hurt.

I think they might have a valid reason for delaying laying charges. The whole being in a coma thing. He admitted that he was responsible when he posted it was an accident. The question is only whether it was deliberate or just an accident whilst wrestling. FFS I wish people would think before posting.

Is not about how many account , is the way you control on your own judgement , I can dislike about Ross Lyon coaching method , but I never hang shit on his private life that can affect his families ( Wife, Children ).

Is not about how many account , is the way you control on your own judgement , I can dislike about Ross Lyon coaching method , but I never hang shit on his private life that can affect his families ( Wife, Children ).
Just yesterday you wrote
Look like Cousin mix with Liam Ryan incident IMO .
So you are comparing Jesse Hogan getting suspended for drinking with a guy that has been in jail several times for drug offences, breaching restraining orders, various other crimes, including a testimony alleging he threatened his ex-girlfriend saying 'I'm going to kill you. I'm going to take your life and your freedom and the things you love the most' mixed with a guy who not only drank too much alcohol but then got behind the wheel of a car and put the general public at risk before plowing into a tree?

Sounds to me like you are completely innocent of hanging shit on Jesse Hogan (a guy that lost his father and has overcome cancer himself and understandably would be suffering anxiety) by comparing him to two players that broke the law. I'm sure his remaining family would love to learn of your comparison. Bravo.

1. When someone to all intents and purposes is at death's door, not a good time to be calling them an "absolute douche of the highest order". Surely you can see that??
2. Rhys never admitted to throwing shoe. Check your facts.
3. LOL I'm not Meima ... Not that there's anything wrong with Meima.

1. When someone to all intents and purposes is at death's door, not a good time to be calling them an "absolute douche of the highest order". Surely you can see that??
2. Rhys never admitted to throwing shoe. Check your facts.
3. LOL I'm not Meima ... Not that there's anything wrong with Meima.
I was under the understanding he was stable at the time. Someone from SD had visited him and said he was responsive. Terrible what happened to him but it does not excuse what happened 24 hours earlier. And if you are claiming I was being insensitive given the situation then you might want to check yourself out in the mirror as well
Jeez, the lengths Rhys will go to diverting our attention from the shoe thing ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back