Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Most big bodies midfielders like Danger, Fyke and Cripps don’t have Dawson’s elite skills and footy IQ

Jordy could become the best mid on the game.

When the club traded for Jordy this was the plan, however I’m not sure why we played him down back in 2022

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because the HB line is where the game is controlled from and Dawson reads the game as well as any player since Hodge (who I think is probably his closest comparison).

His game last night looked to be a combination inside role at the centre bounces, and then playing more of a wing role once you had possession?

Anyway, I miss him lol.

Last edited:
Because the HB line is where the game is controlled from and Dawson reads the game as well as any player since Hodge (who I think is probably his closest comparison).

His game last night looked to be a combination inside role at the centre bounces, and then playing more of a wing role once you had possession?

Anyway, I miss him lol.
We're pleased to have him. But I want to say that it's totally understood how much it hurts when a former player flourishes at a new club. We've had plenty but the Brownlow medal win of Danger stands out.

If I can quote an anonymous social media post from a few years ago about Gary Abblett playing his first game at Kardinia Park after becoming a Gold Coast sun. Gary (Brownlow #2 year) had just kicked an amazing goal from the pocket when I saw this quote... "Watching this is a bit like seeing your old girl friend out with her new boyfriend. I thought I was over it but no, it still hurts".

I hope hope you guys have a great year even without Jordan.

You know his composure is elite by 1 action last night

Gets the ball looks up and slips over - didnt panic didnt worry who was coming for him but got up and still drilled the kick into the bread basket of ?Rankine

We've been looking for that mythical big bodied gun midfielder for years, and guess what he was in our back pocket, or half back flank at least, all the time in the form of Dawson.

We've been looking for that mythical big bodied gun midfielder for years, and guess what he was in our back pocket, or half back flank at least, all the time in the form of Dawson.
Has the highest rate of scoring & retention of possession for his inside 50m of any player in the AFL.

Helping us have the highest scoring rate per inside 50... more than 50%. Cats were highest last season with 47%.

Most big bodies midfielders like Danger, Fyke and Cripps don’t have Dawson’s elite skills and footy IQ

Jordy could become the best mid on the game.

When the club traded for Jordy this was the plan, however I’m not sure why we played him down back in 2022

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought the plan was him to play wing and not inside mid?

Either way, he’s far exceeded our expectations !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've seen time and time again at the Adelaide Football Club

The best man for the job is already here. Just doing a different job ;)

reminds me of Pendlebury but will be even better. Lots of similarities - composure, always seems to have time, elite decision making and skills.

But superior - bigger booming kick, more pace, ability to shrug off tacklers and contested marking. Cant believe we have a superior version of Pendlebury for the next 5-8 years
Like, he's been exceptional, let's not go bananas.

By the time Pendles was Dawson's age he was a Norm Smith medallist, 5x consecutive AA, Coach's Award winner, 20+ Brownlow votes 3x and 3x BnF.

A 'superior version' of that is like prime Ablett.

Like, he's been exceptional, let's not go bananas.

By the time Pendles was Dawson's age he was a Norm Smith medallist, 5x consecutive AA, Coach's Award winner, 20+ Brownlow votes 3x and 3x BnF.

A 'superior version' of that is like prime Ablett.

Agreed. he has done it for three games so far, which is a decent stretch of games, but the likes of Pendles and Bont have been doing this for years.

Certainly promising, but lets see how he goes once the oppo coaches start putting some work in to him.

If he can maintain the rage for the rest of the year then the accolades will be flowing and deservedly so, but lets pump the brakes a little.

giphy.gif
whats-up-scary.gif

Either way, he’s far exceeded our expectations !
Definitely exceeded mine, by daylight. He's a better player now than in 2021 and 2022. Couple of years older, plus Burgess has no doubt had some effect, maybe driven even further by the Captaincy. Strong-willed and self-possessed. Very cool under pressure, great footy brain and positioning, elite kick.
I watched the Dogs game vs Freo last night and can understand the comparisons to Bontempelli. Both really stand up when most needed.
However, he is not "the next Bont".

He's the first Jordan Dawson, to whom future stars will be compared.
We're extremely lucky to have him.

into 10 to 1 for the Brownlow (equal 4th along with Petracca) and only behind strong fave ND, Bont and Oliver. With Oliver and Pets taking votes from each other, if ND and Bont hit any form slumps, injuries or tagging (ND), then the 81-1 first mentioned after week 2 for Captain Courageous seems very tasty. As always, wished I had gone harder but our best recruit since the 90's when we got Jars and the pick swap with Freo for Mc Leod. Thommo was good with MLB but Dawson going WAY past this level already..

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back