Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2017 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Knightmare,
do you still plan to post your 21-30 power rankings? Or did I miss them?

thanks

Still need to get around to posting it.

The plan is for rankings 21-30 to go up this weekend onto page 1.

Gday knightmare,
Being a Norwood man I'm surprised that Stefan giros name doesnt get mentioned. Seems a smart footballer who continually finds the ball and has a great mix of speed and endurance. Would love the crows to get him late what's your thoughts?

Beyond stoked with Ports trade period, I still expect Lobbe to find his way out, which means we'll still need someone as cover for Ryder, what is the ruck depth like in this there draft both with the kids and mature age recuits?

Great job as usual KM!!
If a bid comes in for Naish at around 9-11 what are the chances richmond will not match the bid? Naish certainly has his fans but also has a few knockers on him! would it be worth not matching and hope to get a balta/hayes and maybe a slider in higgins/o'brien

Gday knightmare,
Being a Norwood man I'm surprised that Stefan giros name doesnt get mentioned. Seems a smart footballer who continually finds the ball and has a great mix of speed and endurance. Would love the crows to get him late what's your thoughts?

He's a possible late/rookie. Small, but production has been extremely high these past two seasons and moves well as you say.

Some of his work by foot is a ? Ideally at his height he'd be more a forward first than mid second.

A club just needs to need what he offers to take him.

Beyond stoked with Ports trade period, I still expect Lobbe to find his way out, which means we'll still need someone as cover for Ryder, what is the ruck depth like in this there draft both with the kids and mature age recuits?

Depends on how immediate Port would want to go.

Nick Meese as a 29-year-old is ready-to-go and has the capacity to provide depth tomorrow. Averaged 60.3 hitouts per game, 5.1 clearances per game, 6.8 tackles per game to lead all VFL ruckmen. He just isn't much of a forward or all that mobile.

Jordan Sweet I like as an overage ruckman with scope to develop. He'll win the hitouts most weeks but also finds it around the ground. Development tracking well.

Otherwise Scott Jones (WAFL) and Jordan West (SANFL) have attracted some interest, though they're two others who aren't super immediate and need a year or two to develop.

Great job as usual KM!!
If a bid comes in for Naish at around 9-11 what are the chances richmond will not match the bid? Naish certainly has his fans but also has a few knockers on him! would it be worth not matching and hope to get a balta/hayes and maybe a slider in higgins/o'brien

The talk has been Richmond probably won't match a bid in the 9-11 range with many viewing the other options available better.

When the trade period is over with, likely there should be stronger indications where a bid from Naish will come from.

Who's the most prolific clearance player in this draft?

Adam Cerra would be my pick if you want the most dominant stoppage player.

James Worpel wouldn't be far behind, but isn't in the same class for ball use and composure.

Of the mature agers. Jordan Keras is the most dominant and will give you the most immediate inside punch if you have 100% midfield minutes to offer him.

Nick Meese?!?!

WTF?!?!

He was going to retire from VFL footy two seasons ago. Absolute cracking VFL player but why would any AFL club bother given he's been in the sub-elite system for 10 years and can't kick goals.

That's why I didn't mention Meese in my mature age piece. I don't feel he's someone AFL clubs would go for. He's an Orren Stephenson kind of last resort if you just can't find another option. Does nothing around the ground and is not a threat forward of centre.

Winning hitouts, following up, tackling. That's his bread and butter. If that's all you expect from him, he is fine as something of a VFL equivalent to a Mumford.

Where do you see Tim Kelly landing in this draft? Any clubs that you've heard have interest and at what round? Cheers.

I think mid draft, pick 40 onwards Kelly will enter draft consideration. Several clubs with midfield needs are considering. Hawthorn are one I'd expect to consider Kelly, needing more good mids and having no aversion to taking mature age mids. Essendon, Brisbane, Gold Coast, West Coast and North Melbourne are some other clubs I could see taking him.

Hi Knightmare what do you think of Jackson Ross and his chances of being drafted? heard Port are interested have interviewed him. he did quite well in the kicking tests and is pretty raw athlete still only coming back to footy seriously not so long ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Knightmare what do you think of Jackson Ross and his chances of being drafted? heard Port are interested have interviewed him. he did quite well in the kicking tests and is pretty raw athlete still only coming back to footy seriously not so long ago

Ross is in the mix to feature somewhere second to third round.

Knightmare, my buddy, my dude. Cheers for all your work in here.

How likely do you think it that one of higgins coffield obrien or clark getting to around the mid teens, 14 or 15?

On CPH1607 using BigFooty.com mobile app

For my upcoming phantom (which I plan to put up on ESPN next week, to give a slight spoiler) I have all those guys featuring inside the top 13.

Entirely possible one or two of them is there at 14/15, but there is no certainty.

After all the movements who do you see Freo going after with pick 2?? And who do you see the blues getting with 3, 10 and 30

hey knightmare who do you think other then naish richmond will target with pick 17,20,25?

Likely KPPs would be my first guess. Good range for selecting talls with several set to feature around that point.

is there an October phantom draft on here? thanks

Coming next week.

Working on a trade week review, then the phantom draft will be my focus.

Knightmare hey mate. What would be the thinking behind that Richmond pick trade and do you like it?

The trade is to ensure Richmond can match the bid for Naish and likely to secure some players they like in the 17-25 range. I'm going to bet at least one will be a KPP, with good talls set to feature around there.

Would you take Weller over 1 of Dow, LDU or Raynor? You know what your getting with Weller as well as not have to worry about the go home factor.

No.

LDU, Rayner, Cerra and Dow all have the capacity to be better than Weller.

Who do you think Fremantle will take with there first 2 picks? I like rayner but the go home factor Is there and I could definetly see him leaving.

Maybe Rayner? Maybe LDU if there?

It's an even group that top 3/4 and it comes down to preference of one talent v the other more so than positional needs.

Anyone have any information on Jeremiah Scrutton?

From NT. Haven't sighted as he didn't play Allies through the u18 champs.

After all the movements who do you see Freo going after with pick 2?? And who do you see the blues getting with 3, 10 and 30

I'll be answering those questions in my phantom draft, with two rounds coming next week.

Early guesses without much thought we might see something like LDU, Rayner and Dow top 3.

Carlton with at least one of 10/30 would make sense to go tall.

Hey KM,

Great analysis this year so far, I enjoy your write-ups.

Who do you see as the likely selections for the Cats this draft with Picks 22, 24, 35, 58?

Finally we have some half-decent picks for a change. I kind of like Garner, Balta, Wooller, Miers, B Daniels, Tim Kelly (WAFL).

I see the Cats needing the following for the list:

1. Small/Medium Forward,
2. Centre Half Forward,
3. Key Defender,
4. Small/Medium Defender/Midfielder.

Hey km port commited to upgrading houstan and im 99% certain lienert aswell. Rumoured to be going after dfas most likely thomas and brooksby and then state leaguers aftter that. Weve been linked specifically to bailey banfield on the afl website could u please give me strengths and weaknesses along with possible mature agers around our mark? Also who is the luke ryan like bolter this year and would he be avliabke around then?

Likely KPPs would be my first guess. Good range for selecting talls with several set to feature around that point.

Coming next week.

Working on a trade week review, then the phantom draft will be my focus.

The trade is to ensure Richmond can match the bid for Naish and likely to secure some players they like in the 17-25 range. I'm going to bet at least one will be a KPP, with good talls set to feature around there.

No.

LDU, Rayner, Cerra and Dow all have the capacity to be better than Weller.

Maybe Rayner? Maybe LDU if there?

It's an even group that top 3/4 and it comes down to preference of one talent v the other more so than positional needs.

From NT. Haven't sighted as he didn't play Allies through the u18 champs.

I'll be answering those questions in my phantom draft, with two rounds coming next week.

Early guesses without much thought we might see something like LDU, Rayner and Dow top 3.

Carlton with at least one of 10/30 would make sense to go tall.
So let’s say someone bids at 16 what happens to our picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back