Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2017 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His craft? Jesus. He's not weaving baskets.

Knightmare – you're now tipping WC to take Brander with their first pick? Shouldn't they be focused on the midfield? Or if they go tall, wouldn't they prefer Allen?

In my final phantom draft I won't have Brander going to West Coast. He fits the trend of going with guys who have had strong junior careers, and he may have been the key forward answer to succeed Josh Kennedy.

I'm hearing other names. Allen is one who has been most strongly linked. But there are others still in the mix for the Eagles. Higgins, Stephenson if he drops and Lochie O'Brien are the names I'm hearing at the moment.

In my final phantom draft I won't have Brander going to West Coast. He fits the trend of going with guys who have had strong junior careers, and he may have been the key forward answer to succeed Josh Kennedy.

I'm hearing other names. Allen is one who has been most strongly linked. But there are others still in the mix for the Eagles. Higgins, Stephenson if he drops and Lochie O'Brien are the names I'm hearing at the moment.
If there was a choice between Allen and Brander, who would you favour?

I tend to think they'd go local, no?

Knightmare - let me start off by saying, big fan and love your work.

Every bit of reading I can find has the Saints linked to Coffield... seems a certainty IMO. I read your take on the first page, you think he'd be a good choice at their first pick? Do you rate him?

Stephenson... How concerned are people about his heart? It seems his stocks have fallen quite a bit... seemed destined to go top 5 whereas now he's another linked to the Saints at 8. Again, good choice for them or would you let him slide?

Finally, Jack Higgins seems to have dropped in stock recently. A lot of ??? on his disposal. Are people going to regret not getting him in the top 10?

Cheers

Hav'nt done so yet CD but just want to say thank you for the excellent research and sharing. Incredible amount of effort and shows in the quality of your reports and views on the players. Thanks again..the outcome of the draft this year will be a bit more special with yours and all the other mock draft contributors too.

Hey KM, would love a Houlahan or Tom McCartin at the Blues with pick 30? Would those blokes be around that pick and your opinion of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance the Blues manage to nab Dow and Cerra?

Rayner - Lions
LDU - Dockers
Dow - Blues
Brayshaw - Roos
Stephenson - Dockers
Fogarty - Pies
Coffield - Saints
Clark - Saints
Naughton - Dogs
Cerra - Blues

If there was a choice between Allen and Brander, who would you favour?

I tend to think they'd go local, no?

Allen is the better player, though with the two it comes down to preference.

Knightmare - let me start off by saying, big fan and love your work.

Every bit of reading I can find has the Saints linked to Coffield... seems a certainty IMO. I read your take on the first page, you think he'd be a good choice at their first pick? Do you rate him?

Stephenson... How concerned are people about his heart? It seems his stocks have fallen quite a bit... seemed destined to go top 5 whereas now he's another linked to the Saints at 8. Again, good choice for them or would you let him slide?

Finally, Jack Higgins seems to have dropped in stock recently. A lot of ??? on his disposal. Are people going to regret not getting him in the top 10?

Cheers

Coffield is quick, skilled and composed. He's a good prospect. Firmly in the mix for Saints.

Regarding Stephenson, anything heart is concerning. He's still a first round prospect, and anything top five is too risky, after that, he'll be in the mix.

Higgins drops just due to teams wanting something else, which happens sometimes. He'll be a good value choice somewhere 10-20.

Hey KM, would love a Houlahan or Tom McCartin at the Blues with pick 30? Would those blokes be around that pick and your opinion of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are possibles to be there.

Houlahan is a 15-45. McCartin 20-50.

Any chance the Blues manage to nab Dow and Cerra?

Rayner - Lions
LDU - Dockers
Dow - Blues
Brayshaw - Roos
Stephenson - Dockers
Fogarty - Pies
Coffield - Saints
Clark - Saints
Naughton - Dogs
Cerra - Blues

Unlikely. In that scenario Roos, Dockers and Pies all very likely to pick Cerra if there.

KM, does Lloyd Meek get drafted on Friday?

He's firmly in the mix. I'm strongly considering him for my full phantom draft which I'll submit to ESPN on Thursday to go up first thing Friday morning.

KM just wanted to say that I have appreciated your work this year.

Your Insights and the many times you have responded to my queries this year are greatly appreciated. I do hope you come back and have your thread again next year.

ESPN have given me great freedom in my role and have encouraged me to keep posting on bigfooty, so highly likely I'll be back again next year.

Last edited:
Both are possibles to be there.

Houlahan is a 15-45. McCartin 20-50.

Unlikely. In that scenario Roos, Dockers and Pies all very likely to pick Cerra if there.

He's firmly in the mix. I'm strongly considering him for my full phantom draft which I'll submit to ESPN on Thursday to go up first thing Friday morning.

ESPN have given me great freedom in my role and have encouraged me to keep posting on bigfooty, so highly likely I'll be back again next year.

Not to be difficult but I think you just quoted my questions n missed an answer

Not to be difficult but I think you just quoted my questions n missed an answer
No he’s answered them;

Coffield is quick, skilled and composed. He's a good prospect. Firmly in the mix for Saints.

Regarding Stephenson, anything heart is concerning. He's still a first round prospect, and anything top five is too risky, after that, he'll be in the mix.

Higgins drops just due to teams wanting something else, which happens sometimes. He'll be a good value choice somewhere 10-20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he’s answered them;

Higgins drops just due to teams wanting something else, which happens sometimes. He'll be a good value choice somewhere 10-20

my apologies...
it didn’t pop up on my phone when i looked before #embarrassed

How does Stephenson's heart condition compare to other athletes? Cristiano Ronaldo had a heart condition and he turned out alright.

Hi KM,
I've been watching a little bit of footage trying my hand at doing my own rankings and was hoping I could get some advice. I've been paying attention to vision of Cerra lately and have loved some of his delivery into the forward 50 in matches, he seems to weigh his kicks extremely well. What I find is I question some of his kicks out of the defensive 50. At times these are great but I can't help notice there are moments when he seems to kick into space and it's only that his teammates realise that the kick is within marking range that they run on to it and mark the ball. To me it seems like he's a little lucky at these times where it looks like a great kick. Have you thought the same at times?

I also wanted to understand your view on Dow as you've rated Cerra above him (I've got them the other way around)? From memory there was a time earlier in the year where you had Dow at 2 but I don't remember Cerra being ranked higher than 3. Was there a main contributing factor to pushing him above Dow when you did your final rankings?

Hi KM,
I've been watching a little bit of footage trying my hand at doing my own rankings and was hoping I could get some advice. I've been paying attention to vision of Cerra lately and have loved some of his delivery into the forward 50 in matches, he seems to weigh his kicks extremely well. What I find is I question some of his kicks out of the defensive 50. At times these are great but I can't help notice there are moments when he seems to kick into space and it's only that his teammates realise that the kick is within marking range that they run on to it and mark the ball. To me it seems like he's a little lucky at these times where it looks like a great kick. Have you thought the same at times?

I also wanted to understand your view on Dow as you've rated Cerra above him (I've got them the other way around)? From memory there was a time earlier in the year where you had Dow at 2 but I don't remember Cerra being ranked higher than 3. Was there a main contributing factor to pushing him above Dow when you did your final rankings?

I'll add a question. All players have weakness's but to me Cerra has a glaring one which he shares with Constable. That is that he just doesn't get on the move and often faces pressure or even contact when he has the ball. This has nothing to do with pace as lots of elite players have nice natural movement around the contest. What I do like is that Cerra does dispose of the ball under pressure, but that is usually after he has had a fair bit of time treading water on the ball. In the AFL he could to lose a ton of decision time with his style of play.

Knight, do you agree with the above concerns. And if so, you dont seem to put much weight on this weakness with you elevating his rank rather then dropping it

I wouldnt be getting to excited about Twomey's phantom draft to be prefectly honest , He is pretty good in the top 10/12 but usually a fair way off after that
He doesn't have Emma Quayle to copy or amend his to suit this year and looks to be struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back