List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Zerk is a bit better than his stats read. Won't ever be an A - grade talent but the talk on our board reads well that he is like Ted Richards from yesteryear. A perennial b grade player who left us to get better. He ended up at Sydney in a great system and won a premiership IIRC.

Zerk is a decent interceptor and reads almost identically statistically as Ben McKay (holy meatballs, just looked it up. And we want BM ****!)

As a 25 y.o established key position player, I don't think a pick between 25 - 40 is out of the question. That would be left up to the Port team

If not, I wouldn't be opposed to asking the question of Mitch Georgiades, Sam Hayes + change, Ollie Wines + change or even BZT + something for Dursma who seems a perennially injured and unfulfilled talent.

Good luck for the finals guys
Ollie Wines and change

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ollie won’t be going anywhere
I expect he would think his best shot at a flag lays with Ken.

Young Sheldon Cbs GIF by CBS

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

What the * is wrong with you

Only reason dodo bird is still in charge at essendon is because people have convinced themselves that winning trades is more important then winning finals , every bombers fan on bigfooty could be a dodo relative

Zerk is a bit better than his stats read. Won't ever be an A - grade talent but the talk on our board reads well that he is like Ted Richards from yesteryear. A perennial b grade player who left us to get better. He ended up at Sydney in a great system and won a premiership IIRC.

Zerk is a decent interceptor and reads almost identically statistically as Ben McKay (holy meatballs, just looked it up. And we want BM ****!)

As a 25 y.o established key position player, I don't think a pick between 25 - 40 is out of the question. That would be left up to the Port team

If not, I wouldn't be opposed to asking the question of Mitch Georgiades, Sam Hayes + change, Ollie Wines + change or even BZT + something for Dursma who seems a perennially injured and unfulfilled talent.

Good luck for the finals guys

1. A decent interceptor? He averages 2.2 intercept marks a game. That’s very low for a starting key back. Hell, that’s probably one of the lowest in the league at a guess.

McKenzie for us averaged 1.8 and he barely went near it this year and his role wasn’t as an interceptor.

2. Similar stats to Mackay? Lol no. They are not.

dixon 1 year extension , wanted 2 but age and injury history meant port wouldn't offer more

1 is fine. 2 would have been an unnecessary risk, but delisting him would have been premature. He's still much better than Lord.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t paid too much attention to Zerk Thatcher. ( Zerk should actually be his first name ) but stats from last night in a truly ordinary side.

15 disposals at 93% efficiency
Not sure how many of them just chips looking for a way out or kick ins all of them seem to be within 30 metres of goal?

Did stay out there for 100% of the game so maybe has a reasonable tank?

1 tackle 3 score involvements

7 contested possessions
7 uncontested

8 intercept possessions

He reads as a half decent pickup. Not sure what the deal looks like that gets him here though?

He’s good.

I’ve watched a fair few Esssndon games this year and he’s had a couple of bad games but overall he is better than McKenzie, Jonas and Clurey.

Tough when he has no support but absolutely towelled us up when Ridley got injured. None of our defenders other than Aliir have that potential of such a high side impact on games.

He’s a good underrated talent and would fit our system well imo.

He’s good.

I’ve watched a fair few Esssndon games this year and he’s had a couple of bad games but overall he is better than McKenzie, Jonas and Clurey.

Tough when he has no support but absolutely towelled us up when Ridley got injured. None of our defenders other than Aliir have that potential of such a high side impact on games.

iirc he stood Hogan in Rd 23 when he kicked 9. Stand ready to be corrected and agree that the whole team was cr*p that day 162 v 36!

iirc he stood Hogan in Rd 23 when he kicked 9. Stand ready to be corrected and agree that the whole team was cr*p that day 162 v 36!

Good players can have bad days

Laverde primarily, but hard to blame the defence when they are getting swarmed for the entire game thanks to the mids/forwards being uncompetitive.

On the whole, I feel he’ll go well for your mob. Given the rumoured four-year contract, something around a mid second rounder through to an early third rounder seems the likely price.

If you’re feeling batshit crazy Ollie Wines + change seems a good deal. 😂

He’s good.

“Better than McKenzie Jonas and clurey”

Yeah, you’re comparing him to cooked end of career players who are barely getting selected (or not even at all in clureys case) over young flankers.

Is he better than those players at their peaks / around the same age? Arguably not or even on some cases.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying we don’t get him, i think we probably should, I just think your statement needed a little tweaking.

He’s an upgrade on the cooked end of career players we have (nearly any semi capable tall defender fits that description).

I’m pro getting him not because he’s good, I’m not sure he is, but that he should be cheap, and should be good enough to fill the role we need him to play next to Alir.

Maybe BZT doesn’t solve our need for a key back but allows Bergman/Houston to play up the ground more on the outside with Duursma. Our wings have been a bit weak this year.

Basically Ollie/Drew have been playing that third wing outside role, which might mean that Ollie/Drew, JHF, Rozee, Butters might rotate more forward and push McEntee or DBJ out.
Our wings are very weak. Not a bit.

Why don’t we just get soldo instead of Grundy?

He’s contracted for another year but he’s a free agent after that and tigers would get zero for him for compo. And next year he’s fighting Nank and Samson ryan and Ben Miller for ruck minutes plus at the end of next year there’s no guarantee Richmond offer him another contract much less a good one.

We can offer 2 years offer him the money he wants while still being less than what we would pay Grundy much less the years, and he’s a perfect stop gap until Dante is ready.

Don’t know whether he says yes, or Richmond say yes, but yeah, there’s definitely competitive options out there besides Grundy that don’t involve us mortgaging our future

Why don’t we just get soldo instead of Grundy?

He’s contracted for another year but he’s a free agent after that and tigers would get zero for him for compo. And next year he’s fighting Nank and Samson ryan and Ben Miller for ruck minutes plus at the end of next year there’s no guarantee Richmond offer him another contract much less a good one.

We can offer 2 years offer him the money he wants while still being less than what we would pay Grundy much less the years, and he’s a perfect stop gap until Dante is ready.

Don’t know whether he says yes, or Richmond say yes, but yeah, there’s definitely competitive options out there besides Grundy that don’t involve us mortgaging our future
You don't know if he says yes, you don't know if Richmond says yes, you don't know how much he would get paid, you don't know how much Grundy is on, you don't know how much Collingwood are paying, you don't know how much Melbourne would pay in a potential deal, you don't know how much salary cap room we have, you don't know how much banked underspend we have, you don't know how much we can front load Grundy's deal.

Basically, you know nothing.

All we know is that Grundy is an All Australian calibre ruck who might be available, and we desperately need a competent ruck to support our midfield. Everything else is in Jason Cripps' hands, which he has shown to be very capable over the years in managing our list and cap.

I very much doubt Cripps is going to blow up the cap and jeopardise keeping our players.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back