List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Shattock, Thompson and Cox say g’day
I've heard that Tobin Cox is currently very well regarded in the Kowree Naracoorte League. At least 1 player in that league says Cox is the best country footballer they've seen FWIW.

I would think that Riley Grundy would perhaps be on a par with D Burcher.

Not sure it wouldn't have either though. What I am sure of is that all the games we pumped into Lycett, Teakle, and the Dixon/Finlayson combo over the last two years were a total waste of time that were never going to lead to anything.
Giving him a few more games wasn't going to give him the ability to actually run out a game.

Finlayson had a period where he was pretty serviceable as a ruck, wasn't there some "top ranked ruck" media BS for a while? Wouldn't neccessarily want him being 1st ruck for an extended period though. Teakle at least had the physical attributes you'd want in a ruck, he was more likely to become get up to speed than Hayes suddenly developing a tank. Lycett was worth a shot for a bit, his best was still decent, he was just findng it harder to get to that level consistently towards the end. Dixon should never have been an option other than deep in the F50.

Hayes was basically the next Jarrad Redden or Daniel Bass, the ruck everyone thinks will magically make it in the AFL if they were gifted games.

Giving him a few more games wasn't going to give him the ability to actually run out a game.

Finlayson had a period where he was pretty serviceable as a ruck, wasn't there some "top ranked ruck" media BS for a while? Wouldn't neccessarily want him being 1st ruck for an extended period though. Teakle at least had the physical attributes you'd want in a ruck, he was more likely to become get up to speed than Hayes suddenly developing a tank. Lycett was worth a shot for a bit, his best was still decent, he was just findng it harder to get to that level consistently towards the end. Dixon should never have been an option other than deep in the F50.

Hayes was basically the next Jarrad Redden or Daniel Bass, the ruck everyone thinks will magically make it in the AFL if they were gifted games.
The problem with this post is that Hayes did not have a tank so he couldn't play however both Lycett and Dixon can play while they limp around the ground like cripples but that's OK.

This is the problem with Stinkers he has moving goalposts for different players as to what's acceptable. I had a close minded coach like this once and I ended up getting so frustrated by it that in my last game I ended up starting a fight late in the game after being benched and then played out of position and in the end I just refused to play under him. Being set up to fail is a pain in the ass and I think Hayes suffered from this being asked to a job he wasn't equipped for.

Last edited:

I would have thought that this is exactly what would have happened. Fitness is funny like that.

At the very least it would have done more than sticking him in a forward pocket in SANFL matches.

I would have thought that this is exactly what would have happened. Fitness is funny like that.

At the very least it would have done more than sticking him in a forward pocket in SANFL matches.
Match fitness is a different thing for young giraffes.

The I told ya so crap from certain posters is even more lame when the bloke we were rolling with did nothing but the old man river waddle for three quarters before he was subbed out.. what were you actually gonna lose lol

Match fitness is a different thing for young giraffes.

The I told ya so crap from certain posters is even more lame when the bloke we were rolling with did nothing but the old man river waddle for three quarters before he was subbed out.. what were you actually gonna lose lol

Nah mate, Kenneth said it would have been way worse if we played players who weren't injured.
He wouldn't lie about something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, no chance we take 4x 18 year olds. We’ve drafted enough later pick 18yr olds over the last few years and I do think it hurt us this year having so many players not AFL ready. I don’t know if it’s something the club cares about but that clearly hurts us at SANFL level too.

None of the delistees from other clubs excite me.

Kobe Ryan and Jed Hagan would have to be a chance as mature aged options in areas of need.

Kane McAuliffe is a mature body for an 18 year old. He’s a local and we could use a bigger body mid coming through.

If we look at a ruck, Vigo Visentini is even bigger than Dante at the same age and no string bean.

Always a chance we pass on a pick and keep a list spot open to trial a few players through the SSP period.
Yes, Jed Hagan is worth a spot based on his 2023 SANFL form and given our lack of small forwards, and I like what I have seen of Kobe Ryan but he would need a big preseason in the gym

I've heard that Tobin Cox is currently very well regarded in the Kowree Naracoorte League. At least 1 player in that league says Cox is the best country footballer they've seen FWIW.

I would think that Riley Grundy would perhaps be on a par with D Burcher.

I remember Cox was decent for us at SANFL level. Just didn’t have “AFL traits”.

Danny Butcher as an SANFL listed player for us had a few passable performances after his AFL delisting.

Riley Grundy we legit carried, he was useless. Yoey Wagner another who won a gameshow that was an SANFL reserves level player at best.

I will assume those directional arrows signify the Flemington straight, with Fantasia passing the winning post and DBJ wobbling around the home turn about 400 metres away. ;)
Those directional arrows are meant to indicate how far DBJ would miss the target if he was kicking to Fantasia

I remember Cox was decent for us at SANFL level. Just didn’t have “AFL traits”.

Danny Butcher as an SANFL listed player for us had a few passable performances after his AFL delisting.

Riley Grundy we legit carried, he was useless. Yoey Wagner another who won a gameshow that was an SANFL reserves level player at best.
Wagner was player/coach in Lincoln South's premiership this year.

Do not mention Reddo in the same sentence as Hayes and Bass!! Injuries, not talent or will ruined his career.

The problem with this post is that Hayes did not have a tank so he couldn't play however both Lycett and Dixon can play while they limp around the ground like cripples but that's OK.

This is the problem with Stinkers he has moving goalposts for different players as to what's acceptable. I had a close minded coach like this once and I ended up getting so frustrated by it that in my last game I ended up starting a fight late in the game after being benched and then played out of position and in the end I just refused to play under him. Being set up to fail is a pain in the ass and I think Hayes suffered from this being asked to a job he wasn't equipped for.
At least Dixon and Finlayson have other weapons, Hayes's only weapon was having a half decent tap on him, he had next to no impact anywhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back