List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

At least Dixon and Finlayson have other weapons, Hayes's only weapon was having a half decent tap on him, he had next to no impact anywhere else.
Ask Cody Weightman - for me he should have been given a 10 week ticket in the team just for that action. By far my favourite Hayes highlight in fact in his highlights video just repeat that for 2 minutes.

Everything is not okay, far from it, we obviously need to lift our game in finals. But the everything is bad, the sky is falling in and we are the worst club with the worst people to ever exist in the entire history of the game mentality a lot have is wearing equally thin.

We've finished top 4 3 out of the last 4 years, albeit, we ended up 5th this year due to another finals choke. But we are around the mark, and have just made 4 very obvious delisting's in my opinion. None of these are Brett Montgomery at the end of 2005 type delisting's, where it was met with a bit of shock. Not everything the club does is bad.

Hinkley may be part of the list management team, but Cripps and Parker should be the ones in charge of it. Hinkley is in charge of coaching, so he takes full responsibility for that but i think the blame can be shared around for other aspects.

But having said all of that i don't really have a problem with our list management decisions made either.

Hinkley "allegedly" having final saying on the player fitness for games is one thing, but isn't there a team that is in charge of fitness and conditioning of players, Hinkley hardly looks like someone that would have any idea on how to get the players fit so he can't really take responsibility for Fantasia not getting up for games.

Sometimes imo it is better searching backwards to highlight a post that stands on its merit as a balanced, reasoned piece in a board with interesting assessments from a number of posters.

For me bringing in those players who have a lot of years development, needs based was a coup.
Bow and arrow staging is really not your game assesment over a period of Time.
Some players possible football trade collateral for next years draft.

Sometimes imo it is better searching backwards to highlight a post that stands on its merit as a balanced, reasoned piece in a board with interesting assessments from a number of posters.

For me bringing in those players who have a lot of years development, needs based was a coup.
We only judge players on results over a period of time but not the coach.

If you forgot your password.... I wouldn't miss you.

5 years absolute maximum for a contract.
Better for player and club to negotiate after that stage.
We've seen enough long term deals from various clubs turn to pelican poop over the years.
And diminishes the flexibility to trade in needs based players.
Not a fan - now or ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how many list spots do we have available? and rookie list spots as well?
We have four list spots available. Of these a maximum of 2 (given McEntee's apparently been promoted) can be via the national draft. The rest will have to be via the rookie draft or pre-season supplemental listing. IF we can find some eligible players, we could get up to 2 category B rookies (e.g. Irish, Port indigenous academy or basketballers) but we don't seem to rate that pathway as much as other clubs.

Last edited:
IN

Thomas Anastasopoulos
(No.48 draft pick), Lachlan Charleson (No.52 draft pick), Will Lorenz (No.57 draft pick), Esava Ratugolea (trade, Geelong), Ivan Soldo (trade, Richmond), Jordon Sweet (trade, Western Bulldogs), Xavier Walsh (Rookie Draft), Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (trade, Essendon)

OUT

Nathan Barkla
(delisted), Riley Bonner (delisted), Trent Dumont (delisted), Xavier Duursma (trade, Essendon), Orazio Fantasia (delisted), Sam Hayes (delisted), Tom Jonas (retired), Scott Lycett (retired), Jake Pasini (delisted), Brynn Teakle (delisted)

IN

Thomas Anastasopoulos
(No.48 draft pick), Lachlan Charleson (No.52 draft pick), Will Lorenz (No.57 draft pick), Esava Ratugolea (trade, Geelong), Ivan Soldo (trade, Richmond), Jordon Sweet (trade, Western Bulldogs), Xavier Walsh (Rookie Draft), Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (trade, Essendon)

OUT

Nathan Barkla
(delisted), Riley Bonner (delisted), Trent Dumont (delisted), Xavier Duursma (trade, Essendon), Orazio Fantasia (delisted), Sam Hayes (delisted), Tom Jonas (retired), Scott Lycett (retired), Jake Pasini (delisted), Brynn Teakle (delisted)

With 10 out (9 plus a Cat B rookie) and 8 in, doesn’t this mean we have a further spot to fill either now or in the mid season draft? Plus a Cat B spit if we can find one?

With 10 out (9 plus a Cat B rookie) and 8 in, doesn’t this mean we have a further spot to fill either now or in the mid season draft? Plus a Cat B spit if we can find one?
I think Georgiades being on the LTI list gave us an extra player (Narkle mid-season).

Now Georgiades will be off it, we had to cut 1 more than we bring in.

I think Georgiades being on the LTI list gave us an extra player (Narkle mid-season).

Now Georgiades will be off it, we had to cut 1 more than we bring in.
So 10 out, and 8 in.

And with Narkle now added to the list, it means 10 out and 9 in - so should be 1 spot left (maybe Cat 'B'?).

I thought I would go to the Club website and take a look at our 2023 updated playing list. What a naive fool I was as the PAFC still lists Duursma, Lycett, Bonner, Jonas, Hayes etc as part of our playing list. You would think that someone at Alberton would make the effort to update the info to keep members informed.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back