Lonergan Signs 2 year deal with Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Lonergan may be out the door

THIS IS WHY I ****ING HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR...

every **** thinks they are an expert...or rekons they "heard" somthing.... its all BS....... nobody knows shit untill the deals are done....

I could not agree more with you BDP! :thumbsu:
These people probably hear this stuff from mates that think they are experts on everything; but their mates are probably Boganised Sleazebags that prefer wasting their time at the Pub getting absolutely smashed!

Hi Y'all

i think geelong needs a power forward, who is consistent in kicking goals, we were expose on grand final day. Longergan is average goal.

Maybe Ottens need to be a permament forward, and get a ruckmen in the draft/trade to support Blake

Just my 2 cents worth

ottens has proved that he is a premier ruckman who can occasionally kick goals not vice versa. he seemed to struggle immensely when geelong was determined to make a kpf out of him.

your 2 cents is worth less than 2 zbw:p

nah mate just joking...:p

Unless something happens and we can free up some cash, it looks like lonners might leave.

Wants more money from the club. You would think he would stay loyal to the club that was loyal to him. He had most of his body out of the door before he had the accident.

Maybe he should repay the faith the club has had in him and sign on for the deal the club has offered him!

Unless something happens and we can free up some cash, it looks like lonners might leave.

Wants more money from the club. You would think he would stay loyal to the club that was loyal to him. He had most of his body out of the door before he had the accident.

Maybe he should repay the faith the club has had in him and sign on for the deal the club has offered him!
Bloody hell! Totally agree with you.

Lonners said: I want more money, SHOW ME THE MONEY
GFC Reply: Where's the loyalty? You want more money, sell a spare kidney.

Let's be honest here, Lonergan is nothing more than a "good" forward in a team where he has the likes of Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Chapman, Selwood and Ling kicking the ball to him.

What kind of forward would he be in a team with an average midfield?

Haven't seen this posted anywhere:
A Brent Prismall trade will help Tom Lonergan stay a Cat

Michael Auciello
October 10th, 2008

THE trading of Brent Prismall today could play a crucial role in determining Geelong teammate Tom Lonergan's future at the club.
North Melbourne is still in the race with Essendon and Melbourne for Prismall, who will be traded today in what could be a frantic end to an otherwise stale trade week.
The trade of the 22-year-old midfielder could free up money in the Cats' salary cap to allow for a bigger deal for Lonergan, who is out of contract and has rejected a two-year offer put forward by the club.
Lonergan's manager, Anthony McConville, last night said he was waiting for a revised deal to come from Cats football manager Neil Balme, but that it would not come until the Prismall deal was done.
"I suppose that will depend on what's left in their salary cap and what they've got left to pay their other players," McConville said. "At the end of the day I'm just waiting for Neil Balme to get back to me once trade week is finished."
Balme said at the moment, the club was simply unable to improve its offer to Lonergan.
"We've spoken to his manager and we've made a two-year offer that we're happy with," Balme said.
"We're in a very tight position as far as our TPP (total player payment) is concerned and we'll continue to talk to Tom and his manager privately.
"We'll do as well as we can for Tom, we like him as a player; we've offered him two years, which means we're serious about him; we're pleased with what he's done and we'd like to pay him as much as we can, but we won't be able to."
McConville said he didn't think a trade would be considered.
While it was believed only two clubs were interested in the midfielder, Balme said last night that the Cats were still talking to North Melbourne.
"There's always been three from our dealings - that's Essendon, North Melbourne and Melbourne - and that's still the case," Balme said.
"Nothing has happened so far, he's committed to leaving, which is disappointing, but we've got to accept that."
It's believed the Cats are after a second-round pick for Prismall, but Balme would not speculate.
Melbourne has picks 17 and 19 in round two, and pick 35; Essendon has 23 and 39 in rounds two and three of the draft; while the Kangaroos have 27 and 43.
Cats' speedster Shannon Byrnes looks unlikely to be traded, despite having looked at the possibility for greater game time at another club.
Balme said the Cats had spoken to other clubs about the 54-gamer, but would not entertain the idea of a trade.

lets all hope and pray we dont have enough in our salary cap to fit in shittygan

is "Shittygan" your crack at trying to make i funny word ?

if so..........

fail.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we don't owe that dud lonergan anything, its ok kicking goals against weak teams and getting cheap handballs over the top but i knew all along that if he kept kicking 2-3 goals and kept out hawkins it would hurt us, Lonergan is an A grade hack, any fwd can look good in our side with the amount of ball coming down, hes just like blake, complete dud and can't be trusted to perform on the big stage, no wonder Blake was dropped last year, hes the most pathetic ruckman i have ever seen, i hope mumford get his chance next year, these 2 duds have no place in our side if we r going to cwin another flag

we don't owe that dud lonergan anything, its ok kicking goals against weak teams and getting cheap handballs over the top but i knew all along that if he kept kicking 2-3 goals and kept out hawkins it would hurt us, Lonergan is an A grade hack, any fwd can look good in our side with the amount of ball coming down, hes just like blake, complete dud and can't be trusted to perform on the big stage, no wonder Blake was dropped last year, hes the most pathetic ruckman i have ever seen, i hope mumford get his chance next year, these 2 duds have no place in our side if we r going to cwin another flag
It's easy to say that you knew it all along after events have happened. How do you know that Hawkins would have performed better on the day anyway?

Nice to feel the love and support :thumbsu: you must be a true fan.

Wow! Such support!

Lonergan is a 197 cm KPP. He has played 20 something games. He is only 24 years old - young for a big player. He can kick straight. He has not had the chance to bulk up because of injury and restricted preseasons.
He may end up being a good depth player but I reckon he still has much upside that may need another pre-season or two to be fully realised.

At the start of this year many thought his place on the list was a charity gig. He made the best 22 for the grannie.

He can play back as well = flexible. This may be very important in the long hard road to another premiership.

Will our third pick in this draft (if we get Ranga with our fourth) offer as much!?

we u guys watching another game or something, blokes like Lonergan. mensch, handley, Playfair, Mccarthy. blake will never end up premiership players or offer anything to a club when its needed in big games, geez Lonergan is an embarassment of a footballer, doesnt take any contested marks, falls over, is uselss on the ground, what exactly does he offer us, *** him off.

we u guys watching another game or something, blokes like Lonergan. mensch, handley, Playfair, Mccarthy. blake will never end up premiership players or offer anything to a club when its needed in big games, geez Lonergan is an embarassment of a footballer, doesnt take any contested marks, falls over, is uselss on the ground, what exactly does he offer us, *** him off.
Answer the question, it's not that difficult.

Your taking all this off one game ???

Geez mate... he kicked more goals then anybody else in the 2nd half of the year at our club..... we cant have 5 Buddy franklins running around in a foward line...baggin up 100 goals..... we have to work with what we have..and lonners is our future....along with gamble and hawkins..

So how about insted of bagging the crap out of them STFU and support your team...

You're going a bit hard. I've been a bit heavy on him in that I think he is selfish. And yes he doesn't take contested marks or put his body on the line. (he used to before the kidney injury) I'm happy for them to give him the chance to get that confidence back.

- Offers nothing in big games
- doesn't take any contested marks
- falls over
- is useless on the ground

Sounds like Travis Varcoe doesn't it ?

- Offers nothing in big games
- doesn't take any contested marks
- falls over
- is useless on the ground

Sounds like Travis Varcoe doesn't it ?

oh i sponser that hack...ra ra ra... im on the internet so i might aswell use it to bitch about my team... ra ra ra...what kinda name is jubjub anyway...thos fat slags on the simpsons would have kept you was there pet ra ra ra...

Need more drugs.

oh i sponser that hack...ra ra ra... im on the internet so i might aswell use it to bitch about my team... ra ra ra...what kinda name is jubjub anyway...thos fat slags on the simpsons would have kept you was there pet ra ra ra...

Need more drugs.

Judging by your post I'd say you've had enough today ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lonergan Signs 2 year deal with Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back