Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely considering moving into one of those apartments on Macaulay St (with a view of the ground) so I can watch training now Parker is moving to us.
Well Roo boys it's been a tough week. Getting smashed in another GF and now losing Parks. All I can say is that you are getting one hell of a couple to join your club. Luke & Kate are professionals and considered the glue on and off the field. Luke is exactly what you need amongst your talented midfielders, driving training standards & a leadership voice game day. Don't underestimate Kate's influence off the field with the player partners. She will help galvanize and fix what is happening off field. Quality people who will fast track your club. Like most Swans supporters, my second club for the next three years will be The Roos!

He doesn't get beaten close to every time. Where do you people get this shit. His loss% rate in 1 on 1s was better this year than McGovern, Broad, Pearce, Scrimshaw, Ridley, to name a few. Of all the things to criticise about McDonald, you pick his defending... Jesus Christ
It's more the one on one stuff. He is a defender.

Genuinely excited about this development. Always rated him as a Gun Footballer at the Swans, now he has the opportunity to bring his class, experience and leadership to a playing group desperately in need of all three.

Hoping this becomes a turning point for our Club!

Well Roo boys it's been a tough week. Getting smashed in another GF and now losing Parks. All I can say is that you are getting one hell of a couple to join your club. Luke & Kate are professionals and considered the glue on and off the field. Luke is exactly what you need amongst your talented midfielders, driving training standards & a leadership voice game day. Don't underestimate Kate's influence off the field with the player partners. She will help galvanize and fix what is happening off field. Quality people who will fast track your club. Like most Swans supporters, my second club for the next three years will be The Roos!
Music to my ears MB, thanks.

I find the captaincy calls a bit bewildering. I get the leadership chasm but I am not sure having someone from outside get the "c" is the way to go. Its a bit embarrassing and does it not create some possible bruised ego or issues in the group? Now Luke Parker has been close to my favourite / only footballer I even know about outside of North for a long time despite his seemingly constant destroying of us so I am thrilled and excited enough by his arrival to forget that Jack Darling is coming as well. I think his on field, off field traits etc are going to be fantastic for our group. Doesnt need to be captain for that. Does he?
Stick with Jy solo until Harry can take over would be my vote.

Ha, I wrote as much in the Jy thread this morning

I really like this.

The idea with Parker is to bring some of the qualities that made him great there to our joint.

Don't want someone being pushed out, or storming out - if he's going in good graces it means he lands with us with the proper mindset.

Kangaroos hand Parker a three-year deal​

By Peter Ryan​

North Melbourne have offered Sydney veteran Luke Parker a three-year deal. Parker requested a trade and clearly by the Swans’ statement paying tribute to their former skipper and premiership player a trade will occur, but there still might be some haggling over what pick changes hands with the 31-year-old having a year left on his contract with Sydney.
Hop to it: Former Swan [PLAYERCARD]Luke Parker[/PLAYERCARD].

He is automatically a better forward proposition than both Simpkin and Ford, and is very very close to being a better option than Zurhaar. **** the stats.

I am very excited to see what a forward line with Parker and Darling - two extremely smart players with ~300 games of fwd or mid/fwd time, craft, awareness of where to run and why, and selflessness in leading patterns - looks like for Larkey.

I reckon Souv is sitting at home with Mrs Palmer and her five daughters about this news. Will have a massive impact on making his life easier
HF:parker Darling Wardlaw
F:Curtis Larkey Zurhaar

We need to increase the pressure on exiting HBs. If CZ can actually start a season fit, this line up improves our F50 defence dramatically.

We are still missing 2 pressure crumbers. Perhaps RHJ has a huge preseason, perhaps we recruit someone, maybe a gun drafted is brought in? Who knows. The spot for the pressure small is begging Payne to step up and take it. But it seems a fair ways off for him.

HF:parker Darling Wardlaw
F:Curtis Larkey Zurhaar

We need to increase the pressure on exiting HBs. If CZ can actually start a season fit, this line up improves our F50 defence dramatically.

We are still missing 2 pressure crumbers. Perhaps RHJ has a huge preseason, perhaps we recruit someone, maybe a gun drafted is brought in? Who knows. The spot for the pressure small is begging Payne to step up and take it. But it seems a fair ways off for him.
Yep. Still no explosive, agile small forward.

One day we’ll draft one.

One day….

There is no real reason for Luke Parker to be better than Jy. I was going to say that it’s down to application. However, Jy could never be accused of not applying himself. Unfortunately, I think bad luck has curtailed Jy’s output to a large degree. The concussions have had a noticeable impact.

There is no real reason for Luke Parker to be better than Jy. I was going to say that it’s down to application. However, Jy could never be accused of not applying himself. Unfortunately, I think bad luck has curtailed Jy’s output to a large degree. The concussions have had a noticeable impact.
Jy is slow and has below average kicking skills. I appreciate what he has contributed to the club but even at his best there were and still are obvious weaknesses.

I find the captaincy calls a bit bewildering. I get the leadership chasm but I am not sure having someone from outside get the "c" is the way to go. Its a bit embarrassing and does it not create some possible bruised ego or issues in the group? Now Luke Parker has been close to my favourite / only footballer I even know about outside of North for a long time despite his seemingly constant destroying of us so I am thrilled and excited enough by his arrival to forget that Jack Darling is coming as well. I think his on field, off field traits etc are going to be fantastic for our group. Doesnt need to be captain for that. Does he?
Stick with Jy solo until Harry can take over would be my vote.

Embarrassment and bruised ego's aside, our leadership is terrible and one of the main reasons why we can't get off the bottom of the ladder. It desperately needs a circuit breaker and Parker is the ideal candidate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bolded is a flat out lie. There were many documented cases last season where he chose not to chase, sometimes directly costing us goals.

Luke Parker is a fair bit bigger and more powerful than Jy. Not sure how their running compares.

Is it really immense though?

Parks was pushed aside by the Adams recruitment, took him half a year to force his way back in the side, and started multiple games as sub.

He would have been testing his market value to anyone who’d listen during that period.

All you guys needed to offer was a +1 on whatever swans had on the cards and he’s yours.
Geez mate, be a bit gracious. Parker has been great for our club and this move will be good for him and great for North. I remember what it was like supporting the swans in the early 90s so I can fully understand the enthusiasm here.
Just let people have their joy without feeling the need to dump on them.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Luke Parker is a fair bit bigger and more powerful than Jy. Not sure how their running compares.
Yeah, I agree, Luke is more powerful. However, I can’t help but think that Jy arrived at the club at the exact wrong time - Brad’s “Big Fish Reset”. That well and truly rotted at the head! Brad did the reverse of the “build it and they will come” strategy. He tried to get “them” before anything was built. If Brad had’ve left in the same manner as Laidley, things would have been so much better. The whole “cluster@$*%” messed up Jy’s footy education. Anyway, I’m sounding like a broken record. I need to build a bridge…

The bolded is a flat out lie. There were many documented cases last season where he chose not to chase, sometimes directly costing us goals.
🤣 I can accept “flat out wrong”. Not so sure about “lie”. I may be wrong, but my understanding was that Jy has always been a good trainer - that’s what I mean by his application. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t dropped his head from time to time. Could you blame him? As I mentioned just above, I think Jy was a prime victim to Brad Scott’s “big fish reset” folly.

Come on Luke, i reckon you can play more games than Taylor Adams for a starter

Atley was hardly tried in the midfield. Maybe a few stints here or there. He certainly wasn't given an opportunity along the lines of a whole season to show what he could do.

I remember watching his junior highlights and some of his burst from stoppages was Judd like. Seemed to me like a waste to just chuck him on a back flank for his career like we did. But that's Brad Scotts for you.
Brad Scott was too busy playing your x-factor half forward, Kieran Harper, into an inside mid that had to tackle Josh
Kennedy.

Atley certainly made more sense than the Harper fiasco.

Ironically, Harper's last AFL game resulted in more tackles than possessions for him in a game Luke Parker played in (back on topic).

Adams went to Sydney for about pick 33 as a 30 year old, so Parker guessing 43.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back