Matthew Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Made an absolute mockery of himself in this game...

Great effort by the Mongolloyd tonight. Solitary goal, from his stock in trade free kick from a dive.
Wish I'd taken a bag of ping pong balls, would have had a great time lobbing them into his gob in the last quarter, to win a fluffy toy or two.
Overrated tosser.

He took 40 seconds in the last quarter to kick a point. Pulling up his socks and chucking grass around, even Essendon supporters were booing him.

finally the umpires have caught up with lloyd

his strategy of flying for the mark with his back legs in the end so if he doesnt mark it it will look like a push is finally starting to not work.

if he just went back to conventional marking which we all know he could do, then he will be able to get back to some form

sheedy cant drop him though, that would pretty much signal an end to his coaching career

melbournemartin said:
this strategy of flying for the mark with his back legs in the end so if he doesnt mark it it will look like a push is finally starting to not work.

if he just went back to conventional marking which we all know he could do, then he will be able to get back to some form

That's been his technique his whole career. He launches himself at the ball.
That hasn't changed, his hands just aren't there.

Lloydy is struggling, but the calls for him to be dropped are incredible.
16 disposals last night, at least he is getting his hands on the footy. His touch will come. At his best, 16 disposals is enough for Lloydy to win us a match and he isn't going to find that form playing at the QE Oval.

the commentators last night summed it up, they havent see matty lloyd play like this since he played his started playing in the afl, now is that a worry? i think it just might, he has so much to live up to, but what if he cant? he if he cant come back from this?

Longy413 said:
Lloydy is struggling, but the calls for him to be dropped are incredible.

That's what opposition supporters can only dream about.

16 disposals last night, at least he is getting his hands on the footy.

Gotta say I was stunned to see he had so much of the ball - not much was up forward though.

He just didn't look interested last night.

I think Lloyd's problem is between the aers. He is a simple sort of chap. When his natural abilities fail him it appears to be a bit difficult to adapt. He just keeps trying the same old formula - dive - whine - chuck the grass - kick. He needs some help - maybe Cupido - he looks like a bright spark! :) :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a footy cliché, but Lloyd had an interrupted pre-season and hasn't hit form yet. A run at Bendigo is probably what he needs. But there's a odour of desperation about Sheedy and his top two players. Sheedy, by his own admissions played an injured Hird when he shouldn't have, until he broke down. And now he persists with a badly out of touch Lloyd.

Fullarton Power said:
Great effort by the Mongolloyd tonight. Solitary goal, from his stock in trade free kick from a dive.
Wish I'd taken a bag of ping pong balls, would have had a great time lobbing them into his gob in the last quarter, to win a fluffy toy or two.
Overrated tosser.

Check out his record moron. He is having one off season. Big deal. It happens. Go back to your inferiority complex postings about Adelaide. After seeing the performance of some neanderthals in the crowd last night, I'm with the Melbournites!

eastaugh36 said:
Check out his record moron. He is having one off season. Big deal. It happens. Go back to your inferiority complex postings about Adelaide. After seeing the performance of some neanderthals in the crowd last night, I'm with the Melbournites!
Good. Nick off over there then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back