McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

When I read this it just made my day as I am sure it has also put a massive smile on everyone at the AFC and all of our supporters. Keeping the team together is going to be very important in the coming years especially as we have a group of players that just finished top. So this is a great result for the AFC.

When I read this it just made my day as I am sure it has also put a massive smile on everyone at the AFC and all of our supporters. Keeping the team together is going to be very important in the coming years especially as we have a group of players that just finished top. So this is a great result for the AFC.

My thoughts exactly. :thumbsu:

I had a long working day yesterday, came home had dinner and went straight to sleep. Woke up this morning to read this I'm absolutely stoked!!!! Well done Mitch and the AFC. I don't really care now what Lever does, if he wants to stay on then good. If he just wants to chase the $ then seeya later. Gov is the most important player out of the 2 I reckon and the AFC seems to think so too.

More likely he's going on about Port's embarrassment of a banner from the Showdown

You serious? Give the guy some credit. He's busy writing a double page spread (to be followed by a 4 page article in the weekend edition) about how they managed to hold onto Sam Gray despite the baying mob of other clubs all scrambling for his signature.

Last edited:
Great news obviously and I'm on record as his biggest booster long before it became popular.

Bloke is a star. Will be our best forward inside that contract and by a margin too. Def AA in that time too

Wonder how much influence his old man had, in terms of being a former player and knowing that the grass isn't always greener? Seems to me he'd know if the situation was good and there's a chance of success you best stick with it

If we've offered 500 x 3 that's a pretty good deal for both sides. He's got recognition and enough to make it possible to stay
Wow Sanders, first time i actually argee with u. Good post

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be fair I don't remember him saying a lot about the Gov.

Really!!!

SEN news breaker Sam McClure reported that Mitch McGovern was offered in the realms of $350,000 per season by Adelaide with rival clubs prepared to pay him up to $750,000 a year.

or

The Age journalist Sam McClure believes the West Coast Eagles now have some competition for out-of-contract young Adelaide forward Mitch McGovern.

West Coast were thought to be the front runners for McGovern, with the 22-year-old set to consider moving back home to play alongside his older brother Jeremy.

Great news obviously and I'm on record as his biggest booster long before it became popular.

Such a hipster. Showusyasmashedavo :p

Wonder how much influence his old man had, in terms of being a former player and knowing that the grass isn't always greener? Seems to me he'd know if the situation was good and there's a chance of success you best stick with it

I think his mum is on record as being a huge fan of the club and how they've treated Mitch, isn't she? So I guess we could infer from that that his dad would also probably be pro-Crows. Especially for someone who was at Freo in the early days - you'd think he'd be keen for his kid to be somewhere with a chance of success rather than slogging through the waist-deep sh*t that he had to back then and that Freo are currently going through now.

You serious? Give the guy some credit. He's busy writing a double page spread (to be followed by a 4 page article in the weekend edition) about how they managed to hold onto Sam Gray despite the baying mob of other clubs all scrambling for his signature.

I bet Rucci will state or at the very least hint that he has a very good source that suggests the Crows were balls deep into him! Even though we all know thats an outright lie. It will just be an attempt to just make pap fans feel good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam McClure is one of the worst "AFL Journo's" going around. I haven't seen him get anything right so far

This morning, he said that he beleives that Jake Lever is a done deal with Melbourne. Believes obviously means that its actual fact

AFL Journos - you are all ****ing campaigners, send them all to North Korea. They add absolutely no value to anything

Really!!!

SEN news breaker Sam McClure reported that Mitch McGovern was offered in the realms of $350,000 per season by Adelaide with rival clubs prepared to pay him up to $750,000 a year.

or

The Age journalist Sam McClure believes the West Coast Eagles now have some competition for out-of-contract young Adelaide forward Mitch McGovern.

West Coast were thought to be the front runners for McGovern, with the 22-year-old set to consider moving back home to play alongside his older brother Jeremy.

He was hedging his bets, he hasn't come out and said he's had conversations or anything like Lever.

Yes he said some stuff but nothing too bad.

Hmm looks like Big Footy had a conniption!

Substitute for the gameday high that we won't be having this weekend.

GreyCrow 34 [e].gif GreyCrow 34 [e].gif [0.9mb]

Drugs Are Bad Mackay 03 [e].jpg

impaler.png

flashcrow 02 - USCrow.png

GROTTO 71 [e].gif

ThePrideOf.jpg

GROTTO 75 [e].gif [1.3mb]
GROTTO 75 [e2].gif [1.3mb]

##########################

There was a South-American bbq grill restaurant in Dickson (Canberra) that got closed down because of mass gastro. The very same owners rebadged and reopened the same restaurant as some completely different cuisine (but I can’t remember what). Still stayed clear of the place.

Something to remember...

Green Bananas for curing dia...

This probably go into the 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread'

##########################

Last edited:
Really!!!

or

Yep. Night before Gov signed he was saying he was likely to join his brother.

Remove this Banner Ad

McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

Back