McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly won't be full time. Just one of those things you can do for a little bit to switch things up. His speed at ground level certainly does help our defensive work inside 50, last year he averaged the 3rd most pressure acts inside 50 of any player ranked as a "key forward" by Champion Data, which is something I think we certainly missed while Gov was out and we have Otten in his place.

Kind of like the bulldogs throwing Stringer into the middle.

I'd be surprised to see him on a wing or in the midfield

His electric pace and athleticism makes him a great peter knights, Stuart barker, Tony Modra style aerialist for the forward line

Our ball retention in 50 relies on his speed a lot

Exactly

If he can mark that well leave him in the forward line

lever
[lev-er, lee-ver]
noun
  1. Mechanics.a rigid bar that pivots about one point and that is used to move an object at a second point by a force applied at a third.

2. a means or agency of persuading or of achieving the movement of Jeremy McGovern from the West Coast Eagles to the Adelaide Crows.
Any1 posted this on the WCE board?

Why did they wait?

My assumption is and it's only my opinion that maybe the club was pushing for a clearer picture on Lever and if they the confidence that Lever was still truely undecided then they may have delayed further to not have the spot light under one player, given all the signs are Lever is highly likely gone they have released the pressure about Mitch's future

So what else did you hear? Any big fish?

Last night it was a little information on Lever however I did get mail a few weeks ago on what may be going on in recruitment however I've held back sharing because of if they don't land people start to attack your credibility

Last night it was a little information on Lever however I did get mail a few weeks ago on what may be going on in recruitment however I've held back sharing because of if they don't land people start to attack your credibility

Oh come on Red Ranger, it can't be that bad

I only attack those with a horse theme, oh wait, you better not share

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told from a source outside of the club who works in the industry that is closely associated to player movements that given the AFC success with our rookie list and players like Lynch we now have a lot of player managers knocking on our door because they believe our development program is second to none and that this presents a real moneyball opportunity for the club as there is high end draft talent who for what ever reason may not make it at their 1st club might look to the AFC for their 2nd and final opportunity given our history of success

There is also a belief that there is one non Victorian club who is pitching hard for Kelly and the feel is that club is us however what does distort that belied is that it seems to be well known that we are keen on Hopper and may have tabled an offer and the Gibbs situation remains unclear

I was told from a source outside of the club who works in the industry that is closely associated to player movements that given the AFC success with our rookie list and players like Lynch we now have a lot of player managers knocking on our door because they believe our development program is second to none and that this presents a real moneyball opportunity for the club as there is high end draft talent who for what ever reason may not make it at their 1st club might look to the AFC for their 2nd and final opportunity given our history of success

There is also a belief that there is one non Victorian club who is pitching hard for Kelly and the feel is that club is us however what does distort that belied is that it seems to be well known that we are keen on Hopper and may have tabled an offer and the Gibbs situation remains unclear
It's hard to make a case against our development program tbh. If that starts getting players actively wanting to come to the AFC then that's brilliant.

Exactly

If he can mark that well leave him in the forward line
Before Thor became a mid I thought Gov could do that role.

But he is a natural forward.

Since Gov has signed on it seems he is happy to be that third forward, I still think he is very capable of being a main key forward. He could have easily taken more coin and grabbed that limelight at Freo.

Which makes his decision to stay more significant. He would rather have a chance to taste team success in a great system than individual stardom.

Us having three key forwards who can play together with different traits that all compliment each other makes us a genuine contender for the next few seasons.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

Back