McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Haselby was on 5AA tonight talking as if it was going to happen.

The WA are going to be in a bidding war that we are unlikely to be able to match.

We retained Brad Crouch and Jenkins last year after they were sought by rival clubs. Stitch up Lever and McGovern this year and we go a long way towards shedding our reputation. Can start forging a new one.

The WA are going to be in a bidding war that we are unlikely to be able to match.

Rowey has been on 5AA before talking as if we were getting Cameron and Gibbs and Danger was staying. Just ex-footballer radio talk.

Rowey has been on 5AA before talking as if we were getting Cameron and Gibbs and Danger was staying. Just ex-footballer radio talk.
Go beyond that, didn't they state exclusively with inside knowledge on that program that our new coach would be Alastair Clarkson ?? They will say anything and it means absolutely nothing.

Of course we can match just like we could of matched Phil Davis. We may choose not to pay him way overs or we may sign him on a fair contract.

Go beyond that, didn't they state exclusively with inside knowledge on that program that our new coach would be Alastair Clarkson ?? They will say anything and it means absolutely nothing.
No that was Jarman

Rowie knows far more than he lets on. He is like KG. They get information but keep keep it to themselves as they dont want to upset the club.
Thats why we hear more information about whats happening through Vic media than SA.

Rowie knows far more than he lets on. He is like KG. They get information but keep keep it to themselves as they dont want to upset the club.
Thats why we hear more information about whats happening through Vic media than SA.

I think he used to, in the Trigg days but not anymore. In days gone by the 5aa sports show was the first place we leaked information to but since Fagan has joined we deliberately leak information much less, and if we do, we do it to Caroline Wilson.

I think he used to, in the Trigg days but not anymore. In days gone by the 5aa sports show was the first place we leaked information to but since Fagan has joined we deliberately leak information much less, and if we do, we do it to Caroline Wilson.
You can hear this on selection nights. A few years ago they would hint at changes just after 4 and most times they would be spot on. Now if they do hint they are always wrong

He's be a 2nd round pick you'd think. id be very shocked if he left so soon after being drafted... you'd think he will give us 1 more contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I miss the old days of the 90s.. where the crows had first dibs on SA talent for the first few years.
No wonder why we cant win premierships.... all our gun players leave before they hit their peak around 26-27 yrs old

I miss the old days of the 90s.. where the crows had first dibs on SA talent for the first few years.
No wonder why we cant win premierships.... all our gun players leave before they hit their peak around 26-27 yrs old
Yeah but imagine how bad our team would be if we had to pick SANFL players at the draft

Jimmy Toumpos instead of Matt Crouch? No thanks.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

What a load of BS, Freo will have their own biiding war to fight off which makes Govs salary look ike chicken feed. They can bid high but it wont be anything any club cant match we are talking McGovern here not Fyfe or Nartin. Clubs will bid a fair a reasonable figure for a player of his ability and they certainly wont count us out or any club for that.

Caroline Wilson only gets her leaked info on Crows when the Crows have to get AFL approval. She gets her info from the AFL.

Have you watched any SANFL games? Dear is very quick and agile for his size, actually he is quicker and more agile than some of those smaller than him! He also applies pressure as he should and as for x-factor, while he doesn't have the consistency of high leaps that Gov does, he definitely can do that as well (check out the pre-season games he played last year).

Thanks for correcting him Nikki... some on here including me get it horribly wrong at times.;)

Have you watched any SANFL games? Dear is very quick and agile for his size, actually he is quicker and more agile than some of those smaller than him! He also applies pressure as he should and as for x-factor, while he doesn't have the consistency of high leaps that Gov does, he definitely can do that as well (check out the pre-season games he played last year).

Dear is one Im watching with interest, he could be anything or nothing. From the Bay game last year he looked impressive obviously needs consistency but too early to make a call, will learn a lot more this year

Also when there was a lot of quality coming out of SA.

Nowdays, boy we'd be rooted to the bottom of the table if we were SA only.

I've actually met Gov's family, had a beer with them in Gov's first year when he was named as an emergency vs WC at home. Nice people, they were all wearing guernseys that were half AFC and half WCE with McGovern on the back. Were very happy for him to be here, but I would guess that any family would prefer their kids to be at home if there was a choice. We just need to show him that he's better off here!

forwards that can take a mark are not easy to find!!
Great/Amazing hands is a massive plus, but there is obviously a lot more to it than just that.

Case in point :

423355-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

John+Butcher+leyNUAjH83Mm.jpg

Back