McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The purpose of "over egging" was to work out what point you would do that trade. As I thought, the point you would do that deal is the point it would unlikely be on the table
I would do the trade before that point, you just asked would I do the trade after he won the Brownlow. Well, yes.

"Will you accept $2000 for your car?"
"No I want more than that"
"Oh, well will you accept $600,000 then?"
"Yes"
"Why do you think you'd get $600,000?"

A first should more than be enough for Lachie Neale, or a second and a player. He's a good player, but I wouldn't call him a gun. He's Richard Douglas mk2.

Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 8.39.05 AM.png

Was worth more a year ago than he is now when he was on the rise, but he plateaued in 2015, rated as the 55th best midfielder in the competition. If his 2016 matches his 2015 then a first round pick may be too much as he may have reached his ceiling.

I would do the trade before that point, you just asked would I do the trade after he won the Brownlow. Well, yes.

"Will you accept $2000 for your car?"
"No I want more than that"
"Oh, well will you accept $600,000 then?"
"Yes"
"Why do you think you'd get $600,000?"
Hang on you said you wouldn't do the trade at the level he is now, but you would if he reached a higher level.

My point is that if he were to reach that higher level, the trade would most likely be off the table.

All hypothetical I know

Hang on you said you wouldn't do the trade at the level he is now, but you would if he reached a higher level.

My point is that if he were to reach that higher level, the trade would most likely be off the table.

All hypothetical I know
There's a fair space between the level he is now, and best player in the comp you were describing. Because (in my opinion) he's not worth a first and McGovern now, it doesn't mean he has to win the Brownlow to be worth that.

Doesn't even need to be higher, even performing the same as last year for one more year to show consistency would be "doing more" than he has.

A first should more than be enough for Lachie Neale, or a second and a player. He's a good player, but I wouldn't call him a gun. He's Richard Douglas mk2.

View attachment 222925

Was worth more a year ago than he is now when he was on the rise, but he plateaued in 2015, rated as the 55th best midfielder in the competition. If his 2016 matches his 2015 then a first round pick may be too much as he may have reached his ceiling.
He made the AA squad as a mid in 2015 having played 70 games. I very much doubt he's reached his ceiling.

View attachment 222925

Oh dear

View attachment 222925

This guy is tiny. Can not see him becoming a Premier midfielder at that size, do not want to pay a Premium price.

This guy is tiny. Can not see him becoming a Premier midfielder at that size, do not want to pay a Premium price.
176 cm :eek:.......modern midfielders getting taller 187cm average to 191 cm

We already have enough undersize midfielders without downsizing even further ......my views are no about Neales talent ......it's about getting the right midfield mix / structures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 222925

If we do trade our 1st rounder it should only be for a gun midfielder. To complement our list and get back in the game, we need quality. We have enough 2nd tier midfielders. So if Neale doesn't have gun quality/size - pass.

View attachment 222925

This is embarrasing.

A) the 55th best midfielder in 2015? Hahaha. That is not what the ratings are saying at all. The ratings are not based purely on 2015. Just stop.

B) was worth more a year ago? Do you even watch football? He had a massive breakout season in 2015 and was rightfully named in the 40 man AA squad. To my knowledge, there weren't 54 other midfielders selected in this squad.

C) a second round pick and 'a player' (presumably you're referring to someone of McGovern's standing) will not get you Lachie Neale. That's utter nonsense.

Remove this Banner Ad

McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

Back