Game Day McMurphy Crows at the G v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

he ain’t getting sacked, people are totally delusional if they actually believe their is a chance for Nicks to be sacked this year

The club is made a point this year that they need to get more talent by trade and FA to support the coach

The club is putting this on the playing list, not Nicks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
There's no accountability. No performance metrics.

Do people really think we were going to win if Rankine wasn't penalised?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's not just about winning.

It is about having the opportunity to win through natural play taken away from us by a poor decision.

To win close games you need a system/method to close out.

You can't account for poor umpiring when creating a method to win a close game.

Essendon game perfect example. If you can't score freely, create stoppages and defensive pressure to cause turnover and fred ball.

We did that, pressured Draper into sitting on the ball. Should be our ball.

Again today. Tight game, break the game open with running bounce. It is a method to win a close game. Still had ten seconds in our forward line to go with less Collingwood players in there

That play taken away by a poor decision.

Do people really think we were going to win if Rankine wasn't penalised?

If we loose then we are not focussed on made up umpiring decisions. A proper analyisis is allowed.

Collingwood wins by under a goal and the narrative is they did everything correct. They didn't. We kept coming and we challenged. They made errors and we put some serious pressure despite their class.

ROB was a liability in the 1st. We need to explore ruck options.

We need to land a free agent. The kids are developing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A team with players like ROB, McHenry, Murphy, Jones and Smith keeping out talented youth.

Players like Keays - who is a great run with - making decisions in clutch moments that kill us.

Laird is a small defender - playing midfield because Nicks loves him.

We never take advantage of our strengths. The way we deliver to Fog is criminal.

The bloody coach needs to take responsibility.

Another game we give the umpires a chance to duck us … and not do those maggots only need a tiny chance to jump on it.

I’m so over it.

Nicks is not the guy.

I would take West Coast’s Simpson in a second over this clueless thumb.

He plays talent and understands how to build a premiership squad.

Last edited:
There's no accountability.
The opportunity for accountability was neutered in Week 2 of the Season.

The Club could have waited until the bye, or even if we were 5-1 or 6-2 or similar, but no.
They rewarded Nicks for 2023's near-miss and 0-1.
I've never seen incompetence like it :madv1: and the AFC has form.

If we hadn't grabbed Dawson and Izak, we'd still be bottom 3 or 4.
Too many players either haven't kicked on, are too poor or cooked.

They are doing a huge amount of our lifting.

This is actually a real concern.

We’ve been in a rebuild with some of the very best picks. Our best two players (and it’s not close) have been from trades.

Either our drafting or development stinks.

Can someone PLEASE tell me why Chayce Jones gets a free pass every week?!? He needs to be dropped and for a very long time. Is a dumb, low skill footballer who should never have been drafted by us in the first place. I was prepared to give him a few years of being ordinary in the hope he would grow into a decent AFL footballer but is just absolutely not AFL standard. The worst decision maker, a poor mark, and a poor kick. Nicks, PLEASE drop him for Dowling or any of our young guns in the SANFL who are showing any kind of promise!

If ROB can kick at the same standard as a Div 1 under 16 footballer then at worst that gets to the boundary. Can’t even kick 25 metres.
The Keaystties to be a hero and gets smothered.
McHenry has 5 touches for the game and plays 4 quarters. Curtin has 5 in a half and gets subbed,
Jones can’t kick a fairly straightforward goal from 30 metres.
Forget about the umpiring. Repeatedly selecting average players who go to water when the pressures on is why we keep losing these games.,,
McHenry was sub

Can someone PLEASE tell me why Chayce Jones gets a free pass every week?!? He needs to be dropped and for a very long time. Is a dumb, low skill footballer who should never have been drafted by us in the first place. I was prepared to give him a few years of being ordinary in the hope he would grow into a decent AFL footballer but is just absolutely not AFL standard. The worst decision maker, a poor mark, and a poor kick. Nicks, PLEASE drop him for Dowling or any of our young guns in the SANFL who are showing any kind of promise!
He was the least of our problems.

As a high draft pick...
not good..... Losing the game...yeah nah. ROB.

If ROB can kick at the same standard as a Div 1 under 16 footballer then at worst that gets to the boundary. Can’t even kick 25 metres.
The Keaystties to be a hero and gets smothered.
McHenry has 5 touches for the game and plays 4 quarters. Curtin has 5 in a half and gets subbed,
Jones can’t kick a fairly straightforward goal from 30 metres.
Forget about the umpiring. Repeatedly selecting average players who go to water when the pressures on is why we keep losing these games.,,
McHenry didn’t play 4 quarters. Still shouldn’t have been in the team.

It's these type of selections week after week that result in hopelessness. With these decision-makers in charge we are going nowhere. Drafting, development, coaching all poor.

Notice how Keane now regressing after a bright start? Seems to happen to a lot of our players doesn't it.

This is actually a real concern.

We’ve been in a rebuild with some of the very best picks. Our best two players (and it’s not close) have been from trades.

Either our drafting or development stinks.
Drafting.

Neither Rankine or Dawson came here as mids.

Both developed into mids here. Rankine is now elite IMO.

Even Sog's development into a genuine A grade mid.

Our first round talent identification for mids is terrible.

If there wasn't an inherent bias against Adelaide by the umpires you'd expect us to get the one of these marginal decisions going our way at the end of a tight match from time to time... Yet here we are - not ****ing one.

The maggots couldn't even call a simple htb our way when Draper starts dry humping the ball ffs... I've got no doubt Collingwood would've got that free last year where Dawson was smacked high across the face...

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day McMurphy Crows at the G v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back