Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

So far Dan's been defended by Wayne Carey and Brendan Fevola. Maybe Gary Ablett snr would like to comment?
Tex Walker, in Birdbrain Burton fashion, was all over the Adelaide media saying that Rankine was very sick for 24 hours. Of course his comments were read by a smiling Smithson on SEVEN.

You'll have to squint to learn that Willie Rioli was racially abused:

456234423_922146463287445_906687011469294330_n.jpg

I tried to find the full report on pages 6-7. All I found was Larry Emdur flashing his gold logie, Mali vowing to save the Cranker, a product safety recall and a story about Prince's guitar. Oh Lord, I am confused.:huh:

I tried to find the full report on pages 6-7. All I found was Larry Emdur flashing his gold logie, Mali vowing to save the Cranker, a product safety recall and a story about Prince's guitar. Oh Lord, I am confused.:huh:
Surprised it wasn't wall to wall kicking the shit out of the ABC....

Tex Walker, in Birdbrain Burton fashion, was all over the Adelaide media saying that Rankine was very sick for 24 hours. Of course his comments were read by a smiling Smithson on SEVEN.
Lol, Tex can't even differentiate his head from his arse, so there is no way he understands anything medical!

That really was an ugly Showdown. Player's racially abused, players booed, a Club Mascot punched and according to the latest media reports the police are now investigating the fact that a Crows player grabbed a fan's hat and threw it on the ground. Why would you even bother to involve the police if that was all that happened? Why aren't the police investigating the assault on the Port mascot? Juvenile or not, Crow Member or not that was assault and as such it is a criminal offence. Surely the police are investigating, maybe they are but the media are choosing to ignore the fact?

Where is the SMA in all this surely they are investigating the behaviour of some sections of the crowd ? All we have heard from them is that the person who assaulted Thunda was a juvenile therefore they will not comment. What a cop out.

Then there is the AFL, a large part of the problem was the pre match comments made by a Crow player as regards Port fans. Surely this incited sections of the crowd and set the scene for crowd reaction? During the game that same player got involved with the crowd which I believe is against AFL policy. The AFL is quick to throw the book at a player who bumps another player yet they let some players say what they like.

An ugly Showdown for sure and a small section of the crowd should hang their heads in shame and the media should be telling the whole story.

That really was an ugly Showdown. Player's racially abused, players booed, a Club Mascot punched and according to the latest media reports the police are now investigating the fact that a Crows player grabbed a fan's hat and threw it on the ground. Why would you even bother to involve the police if that was all that happened? Why aren't the police investigating the assault on the Port mascot? Juvenile or not, Crow Member or not that was assault and as such it is a criminal offence. Surely the police are investigating, maybe they are but the media are choosing to ignore the fact?

Reports from earlier in the week were to the effect that the guy in the Thunda suit did not want to take it further. They need to make a complaint for a police investigation.

Last edited:
Reports from earlier in the week were to the effect that the guy in the Thunda suit did not want to take it further. They need to make a complaint for a police investigation.

Fair enough and thanks for that but at the very least the SMA and the AFL should be investigating how this kid got anywhere near Thunda. I am assuming that the mascot was inside the fence and on the playing arena when the incident occurred. Obviously the guy who had his cap knocked from his head (if that is all it was) lodged a complaint. I am not sure why anyone would bother doing that.

About the only good things to take from Showdown LVI are that Port won and Zak Butters set a record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is this actually written in the rules?
1000005074.png

Last sentence above doesn't specifically state that a player is liable for the concussion but it does show why the contact is considered high even though Houston's bump may not have been directly to the head.

I know I shouldn't encourage them, but the sense of entitlement and outrage is so freaking funny. Only we get to decide who the bad people are in Showdowns and that's Port people. Oh Lordy, I can't stop laughing at their endless whining.

I know I shouldn't encourage them, but the sense of entitlement and outrage is so freaking funny. Only we get to decide who the bad people are in Showdowns and that's Port people. Oh Lordy, I can't stop laughing at their endless whining.

They are shotting themselves that we may actually snag one.

It’s driving them loopy, hence their glee at Houston being out. It’s got nothing to do with Rankines wellbeing.

Those pics remind me of footballer heads from bottle tops.
Pulling out the plastic or cork inserts from a Coke bottle to reveal the heads and getting pissed off because you got another South Adelaide nobody again - knowing no one at Woodville Primary School would want to trade with you for that shit.

Sticking the bottle top heads on the cardboard folder that Coke distributed as part of the promotion. Not giving a feck about the other clubs, just wanting to fill all the spots on the Port column. Jack Cahill as captain at the top of course.

Yep, I remember FF. We've lost a lot of the local identity of this state as everything has gone national, which is why the history of Port and taking our history to the national stage of the AFL matters.

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't encourage them, but the sense of entitlement and outrage is so freaking funny.
Take a step back and think about the fact that these 2 guys - Goodings and Pemberthy - are at the pinnacle of their careers. Which is laughing at their own lame ass jokes on one of the lowest rating programs in Adelaide breakfast radio.

This is as good as it will ever get for them career wise.

As a wise sage once said, 'you get what you feckin deserve, tossers'.

Last edited:
View attachment 2086565

Last sentence above doesn't specifically state that a player is liable for the concussion but it does show why the contact is considered high even though Houston's bump may not have been directly to the head.

Was more in regards to being liable for damage that happens due to the player hitting the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back