News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Did enjoy this from Schofield on the shelter footycast today regarding a farewell game for players in final few rounds-

"If you want to get a send off, don't play, go around in the car, if you want to just get on with things and get on with your life, do that.

Then you can whinge about it in the media for the next three years like I've done"
I like Schofield's hardline approach generally. But i don't agree with him here. Gaff deserves a send off. As do Sheed and Darling if they are going to pay either of them out and delist.

If we were in finals contention and every game and percentage counted the maybe just pick the best 22. But we are likely to finish second bottom. And there are plenty of underperforming players who in the current 22 to pick from to drop for one game to make way. It would not be setting the club back in anyway to give them a farewell game.

I would like to see Kelly be one of those players dropped to the WAFL even for just one game. Drop him to give him a punch in the ego, send a message to him that he is not undroppable (as he probably thinks he is) and light a fire under his asse for the next pre season.

I don’t get the hoohaa on Reid. Right now, he has every right standing up for himself.

The kid is 19 first season and already commanding a tag or some sort of attention. I haven’t seen, and I don’t think there has been anyone at his age that received the same attention?

It will all settle down once has gone around for an another season or two. It’s just big boys welcoming the young pup to the big league.

As for Freo fans they really need to question booing the rising star. Two very good games against them. I think Harley will enjoy tormenting them for a decade.

I don’t get the hoohaa on Reid. Right now, he has every right standing up for himself.

The kid is 19 first season and already commanding a tag or some sort of attention. I haven’t seen, and I don’t think there has been anyone at his age that received the same attention?

It will all settle down once has gone around for an another season or two. It’s just big boys welcoming the young pup to the big league.

As for Freo fans they really need to question booing the rising star. Two very good games against them. I think Harley will enjoy tormenting them for a decade.
I called it racist booing.

I like Schofield's hardline approach generally. But i don't agree with him here. Gaff deserves a send off. As do Sheed and Darling if they are going to pay either of them out and delist.

If we were in finals contention and every game and percentage counted the maybe just pick the best 22. But we are likely to finish second bottom. And there are plenty of underperforming players who in the current 22 to pick from to drop for one game to make way. It would not be setting the club back in anyway to give them a farewell game.

I just think what’s the point, there is blokes who’s careers are on the line fighting for a contract for next year. Him coming in for one game just seems selfish. Drive him around in the car at half time and he will get a big cheer and be done with it.

Mark Taylor commentating the synchronised Driving at the games.
I guess he dived a few times at first slip so has some experience…..

Tubby's flick with the foot to make the catch at slip is still one of the best slip catches of all time IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schofield is a terrible commentator. If he is the "west coast" commentator, then he should at least be neutral in his commentary. Pavlich seems to toe this line well enough for Fremantle supporters. Schofield seems to want to turn every 50/50 in favour of the opposition. He's just boring also.

Schofield is a terrible commentator. If he is the "west coast" commentator, then he should at least be neutral in his commentary. Pavlich seems to toe this line well enough for Fremantle supporters. Schofield seems to want to turn every 50/50 in favour of the opposition. He's just boring also.
Wrong Schofield bud.

It must be a very odd feeling being a player that knows they're about to be cut at season end. Edwards, Trew and Rotham are surely gone - they just haven't done enough
Don’t have a problem with Rotham going but I don’t understand the constant speculation on the relatively inexperienced players.

Sure Trew and LEd might be under the pump but I’d be concentrating way way way more on the mediocre 60+ game players like Witho, JJ and Rotham as well as Gaff. I’d be delisting those four before even discussing any one else.

Plus there’s the issue of Petro, Sheed and JD who, unfortunately, are contracted.

The kornado unleashing on Tom barass and his situation tonight on sports day… will load it later but labelled it embarrassing the way Barass has carried on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t have a problem with Rotham going but I don’t understand the constant speculation on the relatively inexperienced players.

Sure Trew and LEd might be under the pump but I’d be concentrating way way way more on the mediocre 60+ game players like Witho, JJ and Rotham as well as Gaff. I’d be delisting those four before even discussing any one else.

Plus there’s the issue of Petro, Sheed and JD who, unfortunately, are contracted.
None of those guys are the future, Trew and LEdwards are just filling a spot until we get someone better, same as those 60+ game guys.

The conversation has to be about which ones are better leaders/role players to fill gaps until the young guys come along.

Id much rather Witho on the list than LEdwards for example.

Doesnt really matter though theyll all be gone in 2 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back