News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody got a summary?
Kane having a whinge about Barrass saying how much he loves WCE yet is meeting with Mitchell before the end of the season.

Both of those things can be true.

Also, with WCE not announcing any contract renegotiation for Barrass, I imagine he's been told they're happy for him to explore his options.

Whether that upsets Kane or not is irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The man has said the correct thing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think it's the correct call on Barrass but for Waterman they basically bent him over the barrel due to his illness. It's only a 2 year deal so sure, be tight arses and hold him to it if you're happy for him to leave at the end of 2025.

I think it's the correct call on Barrass but for Waterman they basically bent him over the barrel due to his illness. It's only a 2 year deal so sure, be tight arses and hold him to it if you're happy for him to leave at the end of 2025.

Waterman was just on channel 9 basically poured cold water on himself leaving, and isn’t considering any contract offers this year.

I think Jake's completely entitled to ask for more money. He also has a contract so he's not going anywhere this year unless someone pays overs

It's not worth getting worked up over or carrying on about, unless of course your job is to get people clicking
He's entitled to ask I guess.

But assume he must've been happy to sign last year when the club showed faith in him.

I don't really like this asking for more when players are going well TBH.
It never goes back the other way.

Do they ever off to take a reduction when they have a bad year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Robbo is such an idiot. For the last 3 years the club has been criticised for holding on to its aging stars too long and that they should’ve traded them out to accelerate the rebuild.

Now his drunken skull is being rattled because we might actually go down a path that benefits the club long term by doing exactly what we’d been told we should’ve done

Barrass who’s 29 might leave to pursue more money on a longer term deal. As might Waterman for similar reasons but that’s far from being as likely as Barrass leaving

Both, but particularly Barrass, would generate some decent/very good draft picks in negotiations that WCE hold the power in since both players are contracted

In seasons past, it’s quite likely that the club would have ceded to the players request to renegotiate their contracts and tbh, that still might happen. But I like that they’re standing their ground somewhat for the time being at least to gauge what draft capital might be gained

Do I like that it’s Barrass that we’re finally making a stand with. Not particularly because he’s one of my absolute favourites but I think it’s the right thing

Waterman, who’s younger and probably doesn’t net the same level of draft picks is a bit different and I’d be more inclined to keep him

None of those guys are the future, Trew and LEdwards are just filling a spot until we get someone better, same as those 60+ game guys.

The conversation has to be about which ones are better leaders/role players to fill gaps until the young guys come along.

Id much rather Witho on the list than LEdwards for example.

Doesnt really matter though theyll all be gone in 2 years time
Well there are supposedly more than 10 players departing this year. So I guess those older players are gone as well.

Well there are supposedly more than 10 players departing this year. So I guess those older players are gone as well.
10+ are gone as long as we can find enough replacements worth the list spot haha.

10 delistings/retirements means 9 players added, with currently only 3 picks in the draft before 60

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back