News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

The man has said the correct thing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cornes is saying clubs have zero power, but it’s the clubs who are approaching contracted payers, offering them more money & security giving the power to the player & their managers.
Perhaps clubs need to be a bit more respectful of opposition contracted players if they want to get back the power & control over their contracted players.
Pretty dumb from Kane.
Apologies for the intrusion.

This is such a non-event.

Player is contracted. Player plays well, feels short changed on current contract.

The club says thank you for letting us know and laughs in their face and tell them to seek a trade, or move when their contract ceases.

Either way, a trade is warranted and if it’s during a contract clubs have to pay a premium.

So I guess a few R1’s, R2’s or F1’s are coming our way, which is good. Everyone else didn’t have currency with exception of Yeo.

Cornes is saying clubs have zero power, but it’s the clubs who are approaching contracted payers, offering them more money & security giving the power to the player & their managers.
Perhaps clubs need to be a bit more respectful of opposition contracted players if they want to get back the power & control over their contracted players.
Pretty dumb from Kane.
Apologies for the intrusion.

Agree with what you say

People underestimate the impact of the salary cap increase - it’s given clubs a lot of extra money to throw at opposition players

Particularly those clubs with young/not so good lists or with older players coming off big contracts

2022 - $13.540m
2023 - $15.023m
2024 - $15.788m
2025 - $17.760m
2026 - $18.290m
2027 - $18.440m

Clubs have an extra $2m to spend next year and want to set their lists up before the Tasmanian team scuppers the draft in 2027

Agree with what you say

People underestimate the impact of the salary cap increase - it’s given clubs a lot of extra money to throw at opposition players

Particularly those clubs with young/not so good lists or with older players coming off big contracts

2022 - $13.540m
2023 - $15.023m
2024 - $15.788m
2025 - $17.760m
2026 - $18.290m
2027 - $18.440m

Clubs have an extra $2m to spend next year and want to set their lists up before the Tasmanian team scuppers the draft in 2027
What's interesting is if we trade Barrass, that's one less player on our list that deserves big money. The young guys aren't there yet, so we'll have to figure out how to pay the 95% floor with what's left.

I figure Warerman is guaranteed to get a pay rise and we're likely targeting some trades so we can splash some cash.

What's interesting is if we trade Barrass, that's one less player on our list that deserves big money. The young guys aren't there yet, so we'll have to figure out how to pay the 95% floor with what's left.

I figure Warerman is guaranteed to get a pay rise and we're likely targeting some trades so we can splash some cash.

WAR CHEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously we are going to have a lot of money to spend in 2025/26. Probably the most.

I think it's the correct call on Barrass but for Waterman they basically bent him over the barrel due to his illness. It's only a 2 year deal so sure, be tight arses and hold him to it if you're happy for him to leave at the end of 2025.
At the time it was a suitable deal as he was borderline best 22 and hadnt nailed down a position.

If he can back it up next year then im all for an extension mid next year on more coin.

At the time it was a suitable deal as he was borderline best 22 and hadnt nailed down a position.

If he can back it up next year then im all for an extension mid next year on more coin.

The clubs well within its rights to say no and keep him anyway on his current contract

I just don't get why anyone is upset over him asking the question. I would to if I were him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sure it’s come up before but the club needs to severe ties with Will Schofield ASAP.

I’m all for freedom of press but it’s a bad look having a guy on the payroll that is spreading rumours and giving ‘hot takes’ about the club ‘pulling the rug out’ from under a player who has a big contract for 3 more years.

Go be a hard hitting click bait warrior without the clubs cash Will.

I’m sure it’s come up before but the club needs to severe ties with Will Schofield ASAP.

I’m all for freedom of press but it’s a bad look having a guy on the payroll that is spreading rumours and giving ‘hot takes’ about the club ‘pulling the rug out’ from under a player who has a big contract for 3 more years.

Go be a hard hitting click bait warrior without the clubs cash Will.
Maybe that's why they're keeping him around. Cut him lose and there's nothing stopping him from going both barrels.

Maybe that's why they're keeping him around. Cut him lose and there's nothing stopping him from going both barrels.
Scared Ty Burrell GIF by First We Feast

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back