News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sure it’s come up before but the club needs to severe ties with Will Schofield ASAP.

I’m all for freedom of press but it’s a bad look having a guy on the payroll that is spreading rumours and giving ‘hot takes’ about the club ‘pulling the rug out’ from under a player who has a big contract for 3 more years.

Go be a hard hitting click bait warrior without the clubs cash Will.
How do you know it's not the club feeding him the info to 'soften' the blow for fans, per se?

Also, why does it even matter?

I’m sure it’s come up before but the club needs to severe ties with Will Schofield ASAP.

I’m all for freedom of press but it’s a bad look having a guy on the payroll that is spreading rumours and giving ‘hot takes’ about the club ‘pulling the rug out’ from under a player who has a big contract for 3 more years.

Go be a hard hitting click bait warrior without the clubs cash Will.

No such thing as freedom of the press. The afl dictate now what sex, race, identity group you have to listen to if you want to watch the game on tv

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No such thing as freedom of the press. The afl dictate now what sex, race, identity group you have to listen to…

Well, one good thing is it might get rid of the complete and utter muppetry that currently exists.

It's not as though the AFL media is in a good space currently.

I really hope to see Eddie McGuire's son and Graham Cornes' son get stuck into the AFL for apparently wanting to give people roles just for who they are. Hopefully Kerry Stokes' close friend can give it some airtime over here too if he's not to busy getting parachuted into any more political roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know it's not the club feeding him the info to 'soften' the blow for fans, per se?

Also, why does it even matter?

To me it’s just a poor look.

One would assume he has closer access to our players than the average guy in the media, beyond his existing relationships.

Clubs that leak are weak. For decades, the media didn’t get anything out of WCE. Even guys like Chris Mainwaring were kept at arms length for that reason.

He can say what he wants in the media, I’d just rather he wasn’t representing the club at any time.

But hey, maybe you are right, maybe the club are feeding him the info, not just Barrass/his management?…

No such thing as freedom of the press. The afl dictate now what sex, race, identity group you have to listen to if you want to watch the game on tv

WTF?
They always have mate. It's just in the past they have dictated that you listen to old white male ex footy players with the occasional white male journalism graduate that identifies as an ex-player.

I know, change can be hard for some.

To me it’s just a poor look.

One would assume he has closer access to our players than the average guy in the media, beyond his existing relationships.

Clubs that leak are weak. For decades, the media didn’t get anything out of WCE. Even guys like Chris Mainwaring were kept at arms length for that reason.

He can say what he wants in the media, I’d just rather he wasn’t representing the club at any time.

But hey, maybe you are right, maybe the club are feeding him the info, not just Barrass/his management?…

For me, it's more indicative of Nisbett permanently shutting up shop and never releasing anything.

If he were CEO, he'd expressly deny this were happening and say Tom's a required player and fans would get a 2,000 word email about it, only for Barrass to be nudged out the door at trade time and Nisbett playing damage control instead.

Or, he'd just give him a 5 year extension on top-dollar and never mention it to anyone.

Interesting that the club's said nothing despite the constant speculation though. A bit of a departure from the past.

WTF?
They always have mate. It's just in the past they have dictated that you listen to old white male ex footy players with the occasional white male journalism graduate that identifies as an ex-player.

I know, change can be hard for some.
Make
AFL
Great
Again

They already have plenty of diversity, Joel Selwood for example doesn’t speak English.

The AFL commentary/presentation landscape is about as grim as any professional sport on earth. Anyone crying about this is soft as butter and desperate to be offended. Whatever moves the current crop along faster is best for everyone.

They already have plenty of diversity, Joel Selwood for example doesn’t speak English.

The AFL commentary/presentation landscape is about as grim as any professional sport on earth. Anyone crying about this is soft as butter and desperate to be offended. Whatever moves the current crop along faster is best for everyone.
Be careful what you wish for

Except the current crop moved along will be the low-profile but actually good commentators like Papalia and Bennett. Not against the idea but it ain't gonna improve the commentary.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back