News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this one of those clickbait headlines where the header doesn’t match the content at all? J Wadd special:

The important bits of the article...

"Club insiders told The West Australian there were multiple players wanting change heading into next year, with Simpson still contracted until the end of 2025.

The West has also obtained text messages by three current members of the squad sent to people formerly associated with the club saying they no longer backed Simpson as coach.

One of the messages was written by a senior star, with the other two by younger players."

They reached out for comment but it was posted at 9pm so assume no response until tomorrow.

My Guess is likely Trew and Burger for the younger players and either Gaffy or Sheed for the Senior Star.

To get a comment on the record, even with the provision of anonymity, requires building relationships and good journalism skills. So I had my suspicions because I don’t think any of the players would be talking to Waddell or anyone at the West outside of press conferences or that he has the aforementioned skills. No surprise that the players’ comments came via a ‘club insider’, not the players, so someone trying to whiteant Simpson. He’s just collated the info and then a recap of what everyone else has been saying for the past week.

To get a comment on the record, even with the provision of anonymity, requires building relationships and good journalism skills. So I had my suspicions because I don’t think any of the players would be talking to Waddell or anyone at the West outside of press conferences or that he has the aforementioned skills. No surprise that the players’ comments came via a ‘club insider’, not the players, so someone trying to whiteant Simpson. He’s just collated the info and then a recap of what everyone else has been saying for the past week.

My guess on the club insider is Sumich and he showed the texts to the West straight off his 5110 prepaid.

Barich said on his podcast that Chad Warner is a big West Coast man,..

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it really does have that vibe of a government/administration that knows it's heading towards an election defeat
Just waiting for Simpson to announce he’s bringing back conscription.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back