Preview Melbourne Vs Sydney - Mount Buller Financial Woes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheese toastie. What else?
Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

This time next week it will be about half time? Pick the scores...

Swans 8.4. 52
Melb. 4.6. 30

Heeney Franklin 2 goals. Papley, Parker, Chad and Rampe 1 goal.

Swans 15.10.100
melb 4.4.28

papley heeney buddy 3

What are the chances of horse going with Ladhams over Hickey? We simply can't get destroyed in the clearances against the dees!

what one on top of the other in a giant coat type thing? good idea, tall

A07A54CC-2F9C-486F-8FE4-C35F0B56DA4C.jpeg

sorry bored

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was only those having shots at goal that choked.
Nope. E.g. not to single him out but think back to Melican too frozen to pass to an open Heeney.
That, I believe, was where we really missed the leadership of Kennedy and Mills to keep people on track. Super important in that phase of a game. Just ask Carlton as they plan Mad Monday.
How important that Hayward stepped up when Saints got a roll on. Not just the goals but the coolness impacts others.

A wind-up, surely. IMO Bell is a massive choke artist whose lack of composure in the big moments cost us dearly in last year's final against GWS. He's the ultimate mirage, you watch the reserves and think you see an AFL player but he's never once proven himself worthy when given the opportunity.
Whoa, way too harsh on the kid. Wicks' only job was to bring pressure. He didn't bring it. I can agree with you that Bell needs work but he's made some good gains this year too. He's as tough as any and has popped up very timely a few times this year. He plays smart, little taps to players in the clear of whatever. He involves teammates and a lot of his work isn't stat-worthy.

Bell wasn't the only choker in last year's final but he was the most inexperienced. A lot of senior players missed the chance to steal that game back in the last 10-15 minutes. A kid of Bell's age and experience is gonna take time to play his best on the big stage, but he's also going to learn from it. Go back to the GF of 2016 or worse, 2014, and see a lot of young players make fools of themselves. Some of those players are now our established stars.

Whoever is the medi-sub, they'll be given a role and asked to stick to it. Bell has speed, bravery and a reasonable amount of composure. He also works bloody hard. Ronke is also a good option (if fit)

Whoa, way too harsh on the kid. Wicks' only job was to bring pressure. He didn't bring it. I can agree with you that Bell needs work but he's made some good gains this year too. He's as tough as any and has popped up very timely a few times this year. He plays smart, little taps to players in the clear of whatever. He involves teammates and a lot of his work isn't stat-worthy.

Bell wasn't the only choker in last year's final but he was the most inexperienced. A lot of senior players missed the chance to steal that game back in the last 10-15 minutes. A kid of Bell's age and experience is gonna take time to play his best on the big stage, but he's also going to learn from it. Go back to the GF of 2016 or worse, 2014, and see a lot of young players make fools of themselves. Some of those players are now our established stars.

Whoever is the medi-sub, they'll be given a role and asked to stick to it. Bell has speed, bravery and a reasonable amount of composure. He also works bloody hard. Ronke is also a good option (if fit)
I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone. People are ready to write off Wicks - who is younger than Bell by the way - after a dodgy couple of quarters but his overall career stats, including his defence, shit all over Bell. At least he's occasionally proven himself at AFL level when given the chance. Bell is constantly let off the hook because of his apparent defensive contribution but even there I don't think he's been impressive at all in the many opportunities he's been given. Bell may have the physical attributes to be a good player, hence his performances in the VFL, but there's something going on between his ears telling him he doesn't belong at AFL level and that's how he plays. You just don't bring a player like that into a critical final. Ronke at least has shown some hunger for the contest. I'm not sure where Cunningham's form is at but I think a player like that would be an ideal medisub - versatile, composed and experienced.

edit: by the way, taps to teammates are included in one percenters in addition to score involvements and are absolutely captured on the stat sheet. There's no amorphous secret contribution Bell is making - his level of contribution is there for everyone to see in black and white.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone. People are ready to write off Wicks - who is younger than Bell by the way - after a dodgy couple of quarters but his overall career stats, including his defence, s**t all over Bell. At least he's occasionally proven himself at AFL level when given the chance. Bell is constantly let off the hook because of his apparent defensive contribution but even there I don't think he's been impressive at all in the many opportunities he's been given. Bell may have the physical attributes to be a good player, hence his performances in the VFL, but there's something going on between his ears telling him he doesn't belong at AFL level and that's how he plays. You just don't bring a player like that into a critical final. Ronke at least has shown some hunger for the contest. I'm not sure where Cunningham's form is at but I think a player like that would be an ideal medisub - versatile, composed and experienced.

edit: by the way, taps to teammates are included in one percenters in addition to score involvements and are absolutely captured on the stat sheet. There's no amorphous secret contribution Bell is making - his level of contribution is there for everyone to see in black and white.
I agree with a lot of this...

The desperation to write off some of young bloods, including both Wicks and Bell, amazes me at times...

Not everyone can be a Warner, but quite a few can develop into a Smith or a Florent!

And if they are not needed, they are brilliant depth...

I agree with a lot of this...

The desperation to write off some of young bloods, including both Wicks and Bell, amazes me at times...

Not everyone can be a Warner, but quite a few can develop into a Smith or a Florent!

And if they are not needed, they are brilliant depth...
Sorry, is that an implication that Warner is above Smith, as in Nick Smith? God-tier small defender Nick Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back