Preview Moving On - Sydney Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t agree with dropping Hayward (unless his ankle is screwed).

He had a stinker last week, but prior to that showed genuine ticker & was among our better players.
He showed guts against the Lions, but hasn't done a lot else recently.

If he has been battling through issues against Lions and Dogs, give him a break.

Three games left only need to win two to secure top two

Who knows maybe we start to wake up a bit

Might save it for the week after

Or we're cooked

Notes
  • Jordan to play on Nick Daicos for the entire game please
  • Melican and McCartin to take on Cox and McStay, Rampe to Elliott, Cunningham to Hill
  • Cameron beat Grundy earlier in the season, so hopefully he gears up for it.
  • Keeping the three talls because Collingwood are one side we can exploit, as Howe will be forced onto one of them.
  • Mills to sub. Might be a funny one, but I think confidence is as much, if not more of an issue than fitness. Let him come in the second half fresh when opponents are tiring and go hard for 45 minutes.
  • I thought Corey Warner was exceptional as sub against Brisbane, he was clean and got to the right positions. If our talls bring it to ground, I back him to be more dangerous than Wicks who has lost sight of what the goals are.
  • Fox to play defensive forward on one of the runners. Make them accountable as a lead up target, and not let them run off.
  • Parker and Hayward will get Maynard and Quaynor, whichever gets Maynard, take him to the goalsquare and make him defend one on one.
  • Midfield ...... just be first to the ball and provide effort

Changes
In: Melican, Rampe, Amartey
Out: Francis, Wicks, Ladhams

Squad

Def: McCartin, Melican, Rampe, Cunningham, Blakey, Florent, Roberts

Mid: Gulden, Rowbottom, Lloyd, Heeney, ChWarner, Adams, Jordon

Forward: Amartey, McDonald, McLean, Hayward, Parker, CoWarner, Fox

Ruck: Grundy

Sub: Mills

I was looking on our website just now, bloody predictable no response from the club into their insipid performance on Saturday night. All I can say is the Swans players are lucky Fan Day in Melbourne isn’t this week because I don’t think I would have been able to hold back with some honest truths. Pull your bloody finger out and show some pride for the jumper starting this Friday night, if it is another loss, sadly it will be season over.

Notes
  • Jordan to play on Nick Daicos for the entire game please
  • Melican and McCartin to take on Cox and McStay, Rampe to Elliott, Cunningham to Hill
  • Cameron beat Grundy earlier in the season, so hopefully he gears up for it.
  • Keeping the three talls because Collingwood are one side we can exploit, as Howe will be forced onto one of them.
  • Mills to sub. Might be a funny one, but I think confidence is as much, if not more of an issue than fitness. Let him come in the second half fresh when opponents are tiring and go hard for 45 minutes.
  • I thought Corey Warner was exceptional as sub against Brisbane, he was clean and got to the right positions. If our talls bring it to ground, I back him to be more dangerous than Wicks who has lost sight of what the goals are.
  • Fox to play defensive forward on one of the runners. Make them accountable as a lead up target, and not let them run off.
  • Parker and Hayward will get Maynard and Quaynor, whichever gets Maynard, take him to the goalsquare and make him defend one on one.
  • Midfield ...... just be first to the ball and provide effort

Changes
In: Melican, Rampe, Amartey
Out: Francis, Wicks, Ladhams

Squad

Def: McCartin, Melican, Rampe, Cunningham, Blakey, Florent, Roberts

Mid: Gulden, Rowbottom, Lloyd, Heeney, ChWarner, Adams, Jordon

Forward: Amartey, McDonald, McLean, Hayward, Parker, CoWarner, Fox

Ruck: Grundy

Sub: Mills
I just don’t think those changes cut it.

After a 112 point embarrassment, there needs to be more of a statement than just culling the usual suspects.

We’ve come in slightly further with Sportsbet since the shenanigans of Saturday night. Now $1.44 favourites with Pies out to $2.82 for the win. Sportsbet have more confidence than most on here. We can win because that’s the sort of season it is.

We’ve played back to back uncompetitive games. So hopefully we don’t just turn over fringe players and actually pick players on form not some misguided belief that they can turn it around..

I just don’t think those changes cut it.

After a 112 point embarrassment, there needs to be more of a statement than just culling the usual suspects.

Only additional in could be Sheldrick.

And need to make sure that isn’t going to mess with the structure that worked, so would be Lloyd or Adams out of the Mids for Sheldrick.. and both of those two actually put in. The other 5 aren’t going anywhere. Jordon has a role.

You could say Heeney goes forward, Parker goes out, Sheldrick into the mids.

Or Florent maybe out of the backs, Fox switches back there, Heeney forward and Sheldrick in to the mids.

Only additional in could be Sheldrick.

And need to make sure that isn’t going to mess with the structure that worked, so would be Lloyd or Adams out of the Mids for Sheldrick.. and both of those two actually put in. The other 5 aren’t going anywhere. Jordon has a role.

You could say Heeney goes forward, Parker goes out, Sheldrick into the mids.

Or Florent maybe out of the backs, Fox switches back there, Heeney forward and Sheldrick in to the mids.
As much as it pains me, I’m pretty sure Cleary is ahead of Sheldrick in Horse’s current order of preference.

Especially if Sheldrick is indeed carrying a foot niggle.

I’ve said it elsewhere - but our inside contested work has been beyond appalling & if neither are selected this week, I’ll be incredibly disappointed.

To my eye, Adams & Jordon are both on shaky ground. I don’t think Horse would contemplate dropping Lloyd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies were cooked in the last quarter.

We finished better than they did.

they’re still celebrating Pendles, another hangover incoming.

Predicting a bruise free win to the swans. Friday night should be fun !

I don't know if I want a win, and I definitely don't want a win that papers over the cracks.

I either want to win by 100, or lose by 100.

Wonder how long the pessimism will stay in here...

Onto a weather forecast.

Perfect weather for Footy. Mind you, decent chance of a Dew developing.

Cool, clear and windless evening is Friday.
So Stewie's going to be pulling the jumper on on Friday night? Couldn't do any worse than the zombies that were in Adelaide last weekend.

Any ideas if Melican or Melican't this weekend?

I don't know if I want a win, and I definitely don't want a win that papers over the cracks.

I either want to win by 100, or lose by 100.
I would take any win, particularly one that also puts the Pies out of business.

The Pies are a well coached unit and have a few old hard heads to compliment Naicos, who is a genuine gun. As such, I know they will follow the blue print for beating us and come out all guns blazing. We need to say enough is enough, draw a line in the sand. Finally play some hard and tough footy and respond to the pressure. If we don't, might as well forget 2024 and start booking the trips to Bali.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back