Preview Moving On - Sydney Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pies are a well coached unit and have a few old hard heads to compliment Naicos, who is a genuine gun. As such, I know they will follow the blue print for beating us and come out all guns blazing. We need to say enough is enough, draw a line in the sand. Finally play some hard and tough footy and respond to the pressure. If we don't, might as well forget 2024 and start booking the trips to Bali.

Euro trips have already been booked this group imo doesnt want it enough maybe it will change maybe it wont but thats how it looks from the outside.

realistically theres only 2 ways thisll go:

1. rampe is fit
corner out, lloyd goes back wing
francis out, rampe in
ladhams out, amartey in

2. rampe is unfit
corner out, campbell in
ladhams out, amartey in

rather than throwing the baby out with the bathwater and dropping every player in the side, make 90% of the core battle for any pride that's left in them

if they cant fight for pride then tougher conversations can be had at seasons' end and put them on the trade table

I'm thinking it might be good to back the team in and offer them a chance at redemption, but that everyone will be assessed and poor performances will result in demotion.

If the team capitulates again under that pressure, then so be it. If they can't handle the pressure of playing for their spot then they're not going to handle finals intensity very well.

Maybe I'm a outlier.

However can the hyperbole and carry on get jettisoned to another thread?

A thread of Rage and over reaction or something?

It would be nice to have a preview that's not a mish mash of rage , drop everyone and sack the entire staff.
Venting is cathartic!

Indeed, it’s the primary purpose of Bigfooty (alongside baseless speculation).

In any event, I’m not sure how one overreacts to the most pathetic, limp capitulation in decades.

Maybe I'm a outlier.

However can the hyperbole and carry on get jettisoned to another thread?

A thread of Rage and over reaction or something?

It would be nice to have a preview that's not a mish mash of rage , drop everyone and sack the entire staff.
Ok,

We'll save the rage for the gameday thread in a week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Venting is cathartic!

Indeed, it’s the primary purpose of Bigfooty (alongside baseless speculation).

In any event, I’m not sure how one overreacts to the most pathetic, limp capitulation in decades.
Yeah nah.

Venting is bs negative energy.

We’re gonna engage with our minds and our hearts. We’re gonna exchange ideas, thoughts and even our energy. And to speak from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest and authentic. We’re not always gonna get it right. And sometimes, you’re not going to agree with us. But that’s okay, because just like you we care. Just like you, we’re passionate about the game. So if you want to come along for the ride, join us on Friday night, because we just love the footy.

Yeah nah.

We’re gonna engage with our minds and our hearts. We’re gonna exchange ideas, thoughts and even our energy. And to speak from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest and authentic. We’re not always gonna get it right. And sometimes, you’re not going to agree with us. But that’s okay, because just like you we care. Just like you, we’re passionate about the game. So if you want to come along for the ride, join us on Friday night, because we just love the footy.

Donza stick to weather reporting :p

Yer its just those pacey small forwards like Bolton/Rioli/Higgins just continually carve us up Elliott doesnt have the agility to trouble us to much.
We didn't have Harry for the Tigers or Saints games. Fox looks like he was swinging between fwd and back (maybe once things were going south).

I don't think it would have mattered if Nick Smith himself was on Rioli the other night.

Yeah nah.

IMG_6925.jpeg

Yeah nah.

What if our outrage is authentic? Passion goes both ways.

I'm thinking it might be good to back the team in and offer them a chance at redemption, but that everyone will be assessed and poor performances will result in demotion.

If the team capitulates again under that pressure, then so be it. If they can't handle the pressure of playing for their spot then they're not going to handle finals intensity very well.
We backed most of them in after the Dogs debacle. The only omission was Campbell.

Need 2 wins. This is the hardest of the 3 to see us winning as it's only 6 days removed from some of the most atrocious AFL football ever played. However it feels like this game must be one of the two wins.
Looking at the other fixtures there's a couple of huge games, winning this gives us a buffer in the top 4 to play with. Losing, not only will we likely get overtaken ahead of the next round, but also somewhat lose control of our own destiny as we'll get into a percentage battle against sides we don't play, so will need other results to go our way % wise plus will need to win the last 2 games.

This is somewhat of a final in terms of top 4.....easily the most important and ladder impactful of our last 3 games. I hope they can earn some respect back and turn in a good performance, but at the same time I can't trust them to anymore.

Wonder how long the pessimism will stay in here...

Onto a weather forecast.

Perfect weather for Footy. Mind you, decent chance of a Dew developing.

Cool, clear and windless evening is Friday.
Yep, can see it being as dewy as all get out. Watch as our team slips and slides all over the place whilst the opposition move gracefully over the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back