Preview Moving On - Sydney Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm a outlier.

However can the hyperbole and carry on get jettisoned to another thread?

A thread of Rage and over reaction or something?

It would be nice to have a preview that's not a mish mash of rage , drop everyone and sack the entire staff.
Fair point, I wouldn’t drop everyone but after last week there a very few who aren’t droppable.

Hopefully the players can turn it around. It’s up to them on the field and the coaches off the field.

Wonder how long the pessimism will stay in here...

Onto a weather forecast.

Perfect weather for Footy. Mind you, decent chance of a Dew developing.

Cool, clear and windless evening is Friday.
I’ve been pessimistic about this club since the 2022 GF debacle which last week’s current player mindset was born from. It didn’t just happen on Saturday.
This is a losers mentality which our core group of players now have deeply imprinted in the DNA.
That never goes away when pressure is applied.

I think Horse owes it to Corey Warner to prove that he shouldn't have been subbed against Port and pick him for the Pies.He was far from the problem. Horse was just panicked and thought that Parker would save them. Couldn't have been more wrong.

At least Corey could say he wasn't playing when the really big scoring started.

I think we will see what sort of person Horse really is if he decides to double down on the scapegoating and drops him.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I think Horse owes it to Corey Warner to prove that he shouldn't have been subbed against Port and pick him for the Pies.He was far from the problem. Horse was just panicked and thought that Parker would save them. Couldn't have been more wrong.

I think we will see what sort of person Horse really is if he decides to double down on the scapegoating and drops him.

I think it's highly likely Horse doubles down and drops Corey, if he thinks he wasn't effective.

Very little to do with Corey, but we were 60 odd to zip down when he got subbed.

I think Horse owes it to Corey Warner to prove that he shouldn't have been subbed against Port.He was far from the problem. Horse was just panicked and thought that Parker would save them. Couldn't have been more wrong.

I think we will see what sort of person Horse really is if he decides to double down on the scapegoating.

I don’t think Corey is currently best XXII & dropping him is probably a sound decision.

However …..

Because of what happened on Saturday, it’ll be a terrible look - the coach scapegoating a kid on the field & then doubling down at the selection table.

I’m still of a view that the decision to sub Corey so early in the game was weak & counter-productive.

I’ve been pessimistic about this club since the 2022 GF debacle which last week’s current player mindset was born from. It didn’t just happen on Saturday.
This is a losers mentality which our core group of players now have deeply imprinted in the DNA.
That never goes away when pressure is applied.

Ted I just think Friday night it might be our last hurrah for the year but i cant imagine losing given what transpired on Saturday.

I would be generally shocked if we drop Friday night.

I think it’s all well and good to ask for players to be dropped, but a hint of realistic thought and structure needs to come into it.

ChWarner, Gulden, Heeney, Grundy, McCartin, Blakey, Rowbottom Are all locks no matter which way you shape it.

McLean, McDonald, Hayward, Cunningham, Jordan, Fox are important for role or structure and dropping them means you have to find someone to take said roles on.

Roberts has been our best player in the last fortnight.

If Rampe, Melican and Amartey are guaranteed to come back in if they are deemed fit, rested enough.

So that leaves the usual suspects: Wicks, CoWarner, Ladhams, Francis as the likely outs

And then the older types as the next likely being Lloyd and Adams. Lloyd has always been a coach favourite, Adams busts his gut despite having poor disposal.

The last three are Parker, Florent and Mills ? Could make a case for any of them to miss. The damage was done before Parker got a chance last weeks. Mills confidence looks shot, and I promoted earlier him maybe being sub, give him some confidence coming in when opposition is tiring.

Florent is the only one I can’t find an excuse for that I don’t think is essential outside of the usual suspects.

End of the day, we’re all just fans, that want to see a whole lot more effort than we’ve been getting.

I don’t think Corey is currently best XXII & dropping him is probably a sound decision.

However …..

Because of what happened on Saturday, it’ll be a terrible look - the coach scapegoating a kid on the field & then doubling down at the selection table.

I’m still of a view that the decision to sub Corey so early in the game was weak & counter-productive.
It was a panicked decision, it was an admission that they made the wrong call at the selection table. And then they compounded their selection error by making another one.

I think it’s all well and good to ask for players to be dropped, but a hint of realistic thought and structure needs to come into it.

ChWarner, Gulden, Heeney, Grundy, McCartin, Blakey, Rowbottom Are all locks no matter which way you shape it.

McLean, McDonald, Hayward, Cunningham, Jordan, Fox are important for role or structure and dropping them means you have to find someone to take said roles on.

Roberts has been our best player in the last fortnight.

If Rampe, Melican and Amartey are guaranteed to come back in if they are deemed fit, rested enough.

So that leaves the usual suspects: Wicks, CoWarner, Ladhams, Francis as the likely outs

And then the older types as the next likely being Lloyd and Adams. Lloyd has always been a coach favourite, Adams busts his gut despite having poor disposal.

The last three are Parker, Florent and Mills ? Could make a case for any of them to miss. The damage was done before Parker got a chance last weeks. Mills confidence looks shot, and I promoted earlier him maybe being sub, give him some confidence coming in when opposition is tiring.

Florent is the only one I can’t find an excuse for that I don’t think is essential outside of the usual suspects.

End of the day, we’re all just fans, that want to see a whole lot more effort than we’ve been getting.
Here you go.

OUT - IN

Francis - Melican (or Rampe)
Mills - Cleary
Wicks - Hanily
Hayward - Campbell
Parker - Sheldrick
Ladhams - Hamling
Florent to sub

FB: Cunners TMac Fox
HB: Blakey Melican Roberts
C: Gulden Jordon Warner
HF: Campbell McDonald CoWarner
FF: Heeney McLean Hanily
R: Grundy Rowbottom Sheldrick
Int: Hamling Lloyd Cleary Adams
Sub: Florent

Here you go.

OUT - IN

Mills - Cleary
Wicks - Hanily
Hayward - Campbell
Parker - Sheldrick
Ladhams - Hamling
Florent to sub

Don’t mind it. I think Hayward plays an important role that Campbell wouldn’t be able to, but aside from that it all works.

Here you go.

OUT - IN

Mills - Cleary
Wicks - Hanily
Hayward - Campbell
Parker - Sheldrick
Ladhams - Hamling
Florent to sub

Generally yes had we sown up a top 2 position and it was the final h&a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play ladhams chb.

Spose this week that would be nominally on mason cox, perhaps kreuger if selected but also spare/loose/3rd up to spoil

I actually think we'll win this but I think it'll be a close one. Still very pessimistic about the club at the moment - something's not right.

Mills mccartin Cunningham
Florent ladhams heeney
Warner blakey roberts
Jordon McLean lloyd
Hayward McDonald Gulden
Grundy rowbottom Adams
Parker Sheldrick warner Campbell
Cleary

Mills was and still is a mistake. Either play him on half back to provide some leadership while Rampe is out or get him back in the VFL.

I really don't get the selections or Francis or Ladhams over Hamling. Ladhams isn't up to the level as a forward and Francis isn't a one on one key defender. Hamling has shown he can score goals so would be a better forward option, and surely he can't be much worse than Francis playing key defender. Even if he's worse that both players at least you know before finals that he's not at the level. We already knew the other two weren't so we learnt nothing. Ladhams has shown he can play well I'm the ruck on occasions and Francis can play well as a third tall intercept player. If they aren't doing that, they aren't worth playing.

Surely with the midfield being so diabolically beaten up lately a Sheldrick is worth a shot. He's shown previously that he can play some good contested footy. Even if he's taking the usual rotations that Papley would do.

Lastly, show a bit of spine. Come out all guns blazing and blow them away in the first quarter. Get on the front foot for once. Remind Grundy and Adams that this mob the them away. Hit every lose ground ball like it's the last minute of the game and the game is on the line. Tell MacDonald he got a glimpse of his future in the back line if he can't produce the goals. No matter what don't make Blakey have to be accountable. Let him do his best work off half back without worrying about having to mark a tall player because nobody else can.

I am just expecting the obvious changes.

Amartey for Ladhams (hopefully provide a contest in the forward line)
Campbell for Corey Warner
Melican for Francis (if fit)
Parker into the 22 (I would put Mills as sub instead, though I doubt it happens)

I don't think this will happen, but I would like to see Hanily as a 2nd small forward to support Wicks. So we have 2 small forwards working together to crumb balls off Amartey or lock it in our forward half.

Also I don't think Fox has been effective in the forward line. I would have him as a defender so Blakey does not have to be the 3rd tall defender.

Never in my entire 30 odd years of supporting the Swans can I give any legitimate reason for us to win.
Objectively looking in the teams in worse shape than any team in the AFL.

This situation is entirely mental and it’s this Friday they show what they are made off.
Weak campaigners that fold and give up cus it’s to hard or tough campaigners that can fight through this and earn the right to be called Bloods.

The coaches RIGHT NOW earn their money and turn this shit show around.
If they can’t get a response on Friday, get your bags and piss off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back