Preview Moving On - Sydney Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly No players have posted any stories on insta since that shit show. Usually you get some sort of golf story or Blakey playing that Drake and Future “Life is Good” song with a caption. It’s been crickets.

Maybe Horse has locked them in the dungeon with a sports psychologist to figure out wtf is going on 🤣

Last edited:

Every time I have EVER written up a preview over the last few seasons, we have WON. So don't worry our season isn't over, in fact I personally believe it has just begun.

The universe doesn't like it when you point out a coincidence. It's jinxs it.

Anyone going to training this week? Would be an interesting watch.

Sent from my CET-AL00 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thought about it. But would take hours for me to turn up. Cbf making the effort, so didn't bother.

So in a way, I just completed a match simulation myself.

I will riot if Fox is a scapegoat in any way.

Also making us even slower, not really ideal.
Would Fox be a scapegoat? He's been very average for the most part this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Fox be a scapegoat? He's been very average for the most part this year.
Was one of our best against the Lions.

We've thrown him around during the last 2 (he is far better when starting in a single role), and persisted with him forward until it was too late on the weekend. It wouldn't have changed the rest of the team, but one of many signs we weren't up for it.

Any coach should have seen Esava taking shots and warming up with the forwards and moved him back onto MG before the bounce (so TMac and Francis could take the talls). Instead we had Blakey on Esava then MG, which contributed to some early goals.

There are no ins or outs that would change what happened last week, comes down to pure attitude.

Ladhams and Francis may be the obvious choices although their performance had nothing to do with the overall result - and it's a shame really as would've been interested to see how Ladham's faired in a normal competitive game. Unfortunately these two were set up to fail.

All I know is I don't want to see Mills spend a single minute in the midfield. We've gone past him in there. He's a half back.

I can make a very good case for Francis swinging forward and replacing McDonald or amartey neither of whom present anywhere as much as Francis

The defence rests with this...

HE CAN'T KICK!

So no I'm not playing a VFL standard vague third defender as a forward!

Surely Hamling gets a go this week. At least if they feel the need to move a forward to the backline, he's got the experience.

Why on earth just not swap him for Francis who lets be real is average on a good day diabolical on a bad one.

If I don’t watch the game & have no idea what the outcome was, the POTY thread will tell me everything I need to know.

If Chad, Errol and Heeney dominate the votes: we’ve won.

If Fox, Roberts and Adams dominate the votes: we’re in crisis.

I've had another go. Assuming one of Melican or Rampe are back. Sounds like Melican we were just cautious with.

OUT - IN

Francis - Melican (or Rampe)
Mills - Cleary
Wicks - Hanily
Hayward - Campbell
Parker - Sheldrick
Ladhams - Hamling
Florent to sub

FB: Cunners TMac Fox
HB: Blakey Melican Roberts
C: Gulden Jordon Warner
HF: Campbell McDonald CoWarner
FF: Heeney McLean Hanily
R: Grundy Rowbottom Sheldrick
Int: Hamling Lloyd Cleary Adams
Sub: Florent

Jordon's highest CBA this year was 46% against the Pies, in a good win. Do it again.

Campbell to play the role he did when drafted.

Hamling can play at either end. Give him an interceptor to nullify, or he can go back if we need his height (unlikely). More mobile than Francis.

I am a bit concerned with the likes of Hanily, Cleary, Sheldrick running out a full game, but can rotate the latter two forward. And Hanily has worked hard even late in the VFL.

There is a snowflakes chance in hell that the match committee will make SEVEN changes.

I'm calling it now - they will make two changes, three at a stretch. It will be another spineless performance from the match committee.

This is WAY overdue.

The recent lack of hard nuts around the ball is all the proof that is required.
First bounce should be Rowy, Gus and Jordon (he was in 46% of CBs against the Pies earlier in the year when we won at the MCG). Something different, 2 hard heads, and a 2-way tagger who needs to show something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back