Preview Moving On - Sydney Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be way off and happy to be corrected but wouldnt it have made more sense to give the group a few days off when we were flying? as like a reward
Yep, would also have been good to still create competition for spots by dropping some of the under performers and giving the VFL boys a chance as it creates better performance if your dropped and also gives the VFL boys hope to break into the senior side. But of course we didn't do that

If we do win, i hope its in the 1-6 pts range make it close

Close wins unite the team

I actually dont want a 30+ smashing as stupid as it sounds
Yep, best case for me would be both teams plying out of their skins, with Sydney to have a strong start in the first quarter, followed by a see-sawing battle with major doubt creeping into around the end of the third and start of the fourth, only for Swans to fight back and win at the death, with the crowd going absolutely mental.

Is this so much to ask for? ;)

Fair enough, my next question is do you look at the team as a whole or do you look at individual player performances in the 2-5 week span?

Both mainly individual but individuals playing well help the side. Changing 1/3’of the side is a terrible idea. 2-3 changes absolute max

Yep, best case for me would be both teams plying out of their skins, with Sydney to have a strong start in the first quarter, followed by a see-sawing battle with major doubt creeping into around the end of the third and start of the fourth, only for Swans to fight back and win at the death, with the crowd going absolutely mental.

Is this so much to ask for? ;)
Too much to ask for a Logan bomb from 50 out on the siren? Or is that heading into dream land?

I hope not because it would have been an ultimate fail the last fortnight, Treloar 40, Butters and Rozee 57 between them and Houston 24 and 2g
So maybe Wicks wasn't given "the" tagging role over Jordon, it's just an assumption.

Jordon might have been on Richards or someone else.

Sheldrick has had an injury interrupted season which followed missing half of last year through injury. He also missed the first half of his first season.

Kid has to get his body right first and foremost and also his kicking for that matter, his three games back since his latest injury and his kicking hasn’t been great (not that it’s his strength).

Adams had 2 clearances and 3 tackles, and Mills 3 tackles and no clearances last game. NONE.

That's all we need to know.

So maybe Wicks wasn't given "the" tagging role over Jordon, it's just an assumption.

Jordon might have been on Richards or someone else.
Well someone said that was the reason Wicks shouldn't be dropped so i gave them the benefit of the doubt in saying that Wicks tagged Dale. If Wicks didn't tag Dale then its just a dumb decision to keep him in the side given he has given us 2 goals in 75 days

Well someone said that was the reason Wicks shouldn't be dropped so i gave them the benefit of the doubt in saying that Wicks tagged Dale. If Wicks didn't tag Dale then its just a dumb decision to keep him in the side given he has given us 2 goals in 75 days
No, you said he was given the tagging role over a better alternative. Maybe that alternative was on someone else.

You have to set a standard to be a winning football team and club. Mills is nowhere near that standard atm.
Nothing wrong with letting him get to that standard in the VFL.
He's never been that great a player that he should be in the team no matter what anyway. He's been central in our midfield getting absolutely spanked when IN form over the last few years, let alone out of form.

Rather try him in a defence or half forward first not against Mills being the sub either.

No, you said he was given the tagging role over a better alternative. Maybe that alternative was on someone else.
Well i hope that JJ wasn't on anyone important in the last 2 weeks as the main hitters have torn us a new one. And it seems most believe that he hasn't been tagging the last few weeks

I might be way off and happy to be corrected but wouldnt it have made more sense to give the group a few days off when we were flying? as like a reward
Does anyonecknow this didn’t happen? With two byes I would expect there were days off given.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by Horse's presser, he has taken the more understanding and forgiving approach towards our players after the shite they dished up. It doesn't sound like there will be much change in personnel or game plan on the basis that we were served so well by both prior to our poor run. Clearly he's hoping a bit of a rest and refresh is all the team needs.

However there would be other coaches who would take a fire and brimstone approach with a few home truths, players dropped and a change up to the tactics. I hope Horse and his team know what they're doing because if this approach doesn't work, it's too late for plan b and we will be sleep walking to a very disappointing finish to this season.

Adams had 2 clearances and 3 tackles, and Mills 3 tackles and no clearances last game. NONE.

That's all we need to know.
Sheldrick has to get through a full game and we can’t determine that from our vantage point.

Cleary an option though.

Judging by Horse's presser, he has taken the more understanding and forgiving approach towards our players after the shite they dished up. It doesn't sound like there will be much change in personnel or game plan on the basis that we were served so well by both prior to our poor run. Clearly he's hoping a bit of a rest and refresh is all the team needs.

However there would be other coaches who would take a fire and brimstone approach with a few home truths, players dropped and a change up to the tactics. I hope Horse and his team know what they're doing because if this approach doesn't work, it's too late for plan b and we will be sleep walking to a very disappointing finish to this season.
If some TLC is what works with this group and gets them to rally and avoid an embarrassing collapse by season's end, then I'll be the first one to praise him. If it doesn't work, and the capitulation continues... well, I think it would be hard to give him a pass mark.

He ultimately knows the playing group better than anyone, so I guess these are the times when Horse gets to prove why he is the coach on seven figures and we are just the amateurs.

Over to you Horse.

Sounds like it's only going to be the usual fringe spot changes then... which I'm not onboard with. Hope he is not backing the wrong horse. Surely not after a 112 point loss.

There are going to be some boos if we get smashed by 60+ again, and with a similar team. I hope we are wrong.
Horse might have decided that any change in personnel or game plan is not going to work at this point. The only way out is just to play better.

Its pretty much plan A or bust.........

the 2 day break is a good idea. Time away to decompress and relect at their own pace. A bring your mouthgaurds training day would likley had a negative impact..and possibly injuries lol (Konstanty banned)

Before the bye, he'd gotten through the last 3 games in the 2's?
Probably had limited minutes in the first of those at least and has struggled to put together preseasons too. And he could be pulling up sore. We really don’t know.

Maybe he is ready? We just couldn’t know to the point we think there is something anti-Sheldrick going on.

But hope he is ready. I think his kicking skills need work but I like his energy for the contest.

Probably had limited minutes in the first of those at least and has struggled to put together preseasons too. And he could be pulling up sore. We really don’t know.

Maybe he is ready? We just couldn’t know to the point we think there is something anti-Sheldrick going on.

But hope he is ready. I think his kicking skills need work but I like his energy for the contest.
Horse himself bemoans our contest.

In Gus, he has an incredibly hard at it, competitive contested player available for selection.

But Sheldrick won’t be selected.

There is no answer other than play better and bring back the players as they recover from injury.

You can shuffle a few deck chairs for sure. But they aren't rebuilding , we need to go for it now , we still are first as silly as it may seem.

We have a lot of guys who are pissing away their chance to make their careers here

Heeney is what 28? hurt every year , Mills is 27 how more seasons do they think they get at their "best".

Grundy Adams both 30 plus great careers elsewhere but if they want a flag it's now.

Parker will be lucky to get to 300 games at his current form but cmon mate 32 and you rode the sub bench to a medal, you are a great of the club , but you haven't led the club anywhere in your peak,- a premiership would solidify a massive career.

Lloyd 2 best and fairests 200 plus games you aren't getting many more chances,
Cunningham always borderline to be arsed mate you better go.

Rampe similar been a great clubman but you haven't led us to shit either , I know he didn't play on the weekend but you need to come back and fix this, because again how many times can you go back to the well.

Ditto Papley when back you are 28.

The younger "stars" Rowbottom, Gulden, Warner, Mccartin, Mcdonald etc you might want to pitch in before you lose the guys listed above , you may end up down the ladder for a few years in your peak, you never know. Oh Blakey Florent you guys are just wasting talent . Imagine if Ryan Clarke had Blakeys talent , seriously !!

There isn't the next 5 years to win this flag or any of that shit,
They are top now, fans can get upset and we are, opposition teams, opposition fans , media , stats etc can say we are no hope , but **** that.

All of this rubbish doesn't matter if you just crack in and win, 6 ****en games in a row, it's there , they are good enough , if they want it??

That's just shit on a page, but I don't know about all of you, I can't be bothered guessing what's happened or trying to guess which random VFL player will save the day anymore .

I dgaf, it's happened but these lazy ****ers still have a wonderful opportunity.

Stop ****ing about and show some guts
and ****en fight like this club has many times before.

Based on absolutely no logic Swans by 30, I admire the Pies begrudgingly, they never give up , they have class,
they have had success. But I think we will turn this around and piss it in.

That's all I have to say on it, lets
show them, enjoy the win, enjoy the toasties

Go Swans

end long rant of nothing

There is no answer other than play better and bring back the players as they recover from injury.

You can shuffle a few deck chairs for sure. But they aren't rebuilding , we need to go for it now , we still are first as silly as it may seem.

We have a lot of guys who are pissing away their chance to make their careers here

Heeney is what 28? hurt every year , Mills is 27 how more seasons do they think they get at their "best".

Grundy Adams both 30 plus great careers elsewhere but if they want a flag it's now.

Parker will be lucky to get to 300 games at his current form but cmon mate 32 and you rode the sub bench to a medal, you are a great of the club , but you haven't led the club anywhere in your peak,- a premiership would solidify a massive career.

Rampe similar been a great clubman but you haven't led us to shit either , I know he didn't play on the weekend but you need to come back and fix this, because again how many times can you go back to the well.

The younger "stars" Rowbottom, Gulden, Warner, Mccartin, Mcdonald etc you might want to pitch in before you lose the guys listed above , you may end up down the ladder for a few years in your peak, you never know. Oh Blakey Florent you guys are just wasting talent . Imagine if Ryan Clarke had Blakeys talent , seriously !!

They are top now, fans can get upset and we are, opposition teams, opposition fans , media , stats etc can say we are no hope , but **** that.

All of this rubbish doesn't matter if you just crack in and win, 6 ****en games in a row, it's there , they are good enough , if they want it??

That's just shit on a page, but I don't know about all of you, I can't be bothered guessing what's happened or trying to guess which random VFL player will save the day anymore .

I dgaf, it's happened but these lazy ****ers still have a wonderful opportunity.

Based on absolutely no logic Swans by 30, I admire the Pies begrudgingly, they never give up , they have class,

Go Swans

end long rant of nothing
Good to have you back.

A pox on whoever gave you the day off.

Go Swans

end long rant of nothing

If they want it enough its still there its not to late to start turning it around this Friday.

If they dont well nothing we can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back