Preview Moving On - Sydney Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Wicks, Francis, Ladhams
In: Rampe, Melican, Amartey
Sub: Fox

The outs gave us nothing against Port. Backing Mills to turn things around.

Who plays in Wicks position? That’s my only query there. Side was already not keeping it in 50 last week, gut feeling says we are t risking Melican anyway

I'd be rotating one of Heeney or Parker through the forward line at all times.

I’ll pass on the Heeney idea. He’s a midfielder. Chad maybe but jeez that’s such a risk no small lock in forward

I’ll pass on the Heeney idea. He’s a midfielder. Chad maybe but jeez that’s such a risk no small lock in forward
Heeney kicked 49 goals as a forward and has looked fried for a month so I reckon some time forward might help free him up, but I'd also really like to see Chad there too as an alternative.

Wicks hasn't been contributing so I'm not concerned about a like for like replacement.

The more I think about Chad Warner the more annoyed I get.

This is a guy who averaged 7.4 tackles a game in at Colts level and 8 tackles a game in the U18s Championships.

Who now can't be arsed tackling.

All because he is our "attacking mid".

Well Patrick Dangerfield was Geelong's "attacking mid" but he still ****ing cracked in. You know how many contested possessions he averaged in his Brownlow year? 16.2.

You know how many Warner is averaging this year? 8.4

Seriously pissing me off now. Get him out of the midfield and tell him he's not allowed back in until he rediscovers what hard work is. Over it.

This is a guy who averaged 7.4 tackles a game in at Colts level and 8 tackles a game in the U18s Championships.

Well Patrick Dangerfield was Geelong's "attacking mid" but he still ****ing cracked in. You know how many contested possessions he averaged in his Brownlow year? 16.2.

Seriously pissing me off now. Get him out of the midfield and tell him he's not allowed back in until he rediscovers what hard work is. Over it.
Yeah look I was going to vent about him too, but then I saw he had a game high 8 tackles (alongside Butters). 7 were in the first quarter though. And they obviously weren't overly effective.

Just play him off a wing.

Not that I disagree with this take, but I find it utterly bizarre given your defence of Wicks' "output" all because he is apparently our lock down small forward now.

The meltdown I almost had re: Chad was when he was surrounded by Port players at the back of the square, had a 2 or 3 free teammates over the top, and he tried to bust through them all. HTB, inside 50.

Not that I disagree with this take, but I find it utterly bizarre given your defence of Wicks' "output" all because he is apparently our lock down small forward now.
Not really sure how the two cases are the same.

Wicks has his flaws and his place is debatable, but Wicks has been dropped plenty of times, does not get coaches votes regularly, is not lauded as a superstar, does not play selfish footy, is not expected to be on seven figures. Should I keep going or ?

Yeah look I was going to vent about him too, but then I saw he had a game high 8 tackles (alongside Butters). 7 were in the first quarter though. And they obviously weren't overly effective.

Just play him off a wing.
None of our tackling has been effective in recent times. We have hardly had any tackles resulting in a htb decision for us - the only ones I can clearly remember were the ones Amartey did in the dogs game. To me that says a couple of things:
1) We're not working anywhere near hard enough, lacking intensity and are not chasing.
2) We're too focused on guarding space, protecting grass and not attacking our opponents directly.
Wicks is a good example of the above. I watched him closely the other night and he literally runs around in circles then when the ball is anywhere near him, he loses his footing. Nominally he is a small forward so makes the team look balanced on paper but is playing like a complete busted. You could replace him with anyone who is actually willing to have a crack and they would be better.

We need Chad scoring, when he doesn't get a goal we lose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney kicked 49 goals as a forward and has looked fried for a month so I reckon some time forward might help free him up, but I'd also really like to see Chad there too as an alternative.

Wicks hasn't been contributing so I'm not concerned about a like for like replacement.

Don’t love wrecking structure and that’s why plonking what are mids forward would do. Much rather back the side that got to 13-3. If that means drop Mills/Parker so be it. Go back to what was working and don’t over complicate it

As a vegan toasties are a challenge for me, but I did once have a grilled vegan cheese toastie with a pesto sauce on top. Weird mix that ended up tasting bloody good

Vegemite and cheese toasties have long been a brekky fav of mine. Decent vintage tasty cheese imperative though & a thick Vegemite smothering.
Vegan cheese ok in toasties though as melts pretty well into something that almost resembles real cheese.

Don’t love wrecking structure and that’s why plonking what are mids forward would do. Much rather back the side that got to 13-3. If that means drop Mills/Parker so be it. Go back to what was working and don’t over complicate it

What structure? we didnt have one last week.

Heeney was hitting the scoreboard this year and pushing forward, I know we lost the Saints game, but he went forward and looked dangerous.

Whats crazy about Parker 30/70 split fwd mid with Heeney.

What structure? we didnt have one last week.

Heeney was hitting the scoreboard this year and pushing forward, I know we lost the Saints game, but he went forward and looked dangerous.

Whats crazy about Parker 30/70 split fwd mid with Heeney.

That’s the whole point and I’ve been saying it since Horse and everyone on here has been trying to fit the obvious 2 back into the side. Heeney can push forward yes, but he’s been out most dynamic mid all season

Pretty bold from the club.

Six day break in between games, then give the boys two days off. Means we will have only had one training session this week.
Assume we did recovery somewhere Sunday morning. Rowy did say they were doing some problem solving about the game before being sent off for 2 days.

Most 6 day breaks I assume we do 1 main training and a lighter session.

Assume we did recovery somewhere Sunday morning. Rowy did say they were doing some problem solving about the game before being sent off for 2 days.

Most 6 day breaks I assume we do 1 main training and a lighter session.

Problem solving 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back