Preview Moving On - Sydney Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not "just 2 bad games". It's 6 weeks, after letting teams get off to big starts for weeks beforehand, of 1-5. Yeah we put in a good shift against the Lions, but that's the only week worth hanging our hat on.

Freo - poor
Saints - awful
North - bye round by the 2nd quarter
Dogs - awful
Port - probably the worst performance the comp has seen in years, and the worst in recent decades for us.

I want us to win the flag and we're just flushing our season away.
Mah team can never lose.
Even when...
Though **** it . Pessimistic hyperbole

I think we'll turn it around this week, but not by a heap. I feel like the scintillating form we were in is long gone. Dunno about everyone else but i'm getting strong 2023 vibes - We turned our form around and knew our best footy was good enough to warrant making the grand final the year before, but ultimately that form improvement was based on slogging it out rather than playing dynamic footy. Never felt like we were going to be good enough to win that final v Carlton.

If we get a rise from the team i think its going to turn back into that slog style of footy at best (with the focus on getting back to winning the contest). And I think the inclusions of Mills and Parker feed into that style more so than the one that would win us the premiership.
Mills, Parker & Adams minus Papley & McInerney makes us slow as all Fk.

It's not "just 2 bad games". It's 6 weeks, after letting teams get off to big starts for weeks beforehand, of 1-5. Yeah we put in a good shift against the Lions, but that's the only week worth hanging our hat on.

Freo - poor
Saints - awful
North - bye round by the 2nd quarter
Dogs - awful
Port - probably the worst performance the comp has seen in years, and the worst in recent decades for us.

I want us to win the flag and we're just flushing our season away.

You disregard a good performance and then just reinvent what happened.

Freo game for instance we lost 1 quarter but we were poor?

We were poor against the Power but not against Freo.

The soft part of the Swans isn’t the players at times but those who claim to support.

The title of the thread is about moving on. Seem apt after 4 days since the last game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You disregard a good performance and then just reinvent what happened.

Freo game for instance we lost 1 quarter but we were poor?

We were poor against the Power but not against Freo.

The soft part of the Swans isn’t the players at times but those who claim to support.

The title of the thread is about moving on. Seem apt after 4 days since the last game.
If disregard = acknowledge, then you got me I guess.

Reinvent how?

We were poor against Freo. Versus the standards we have set for ourselves, standards necessary to win a flag. That's my wish for the season after what we have shown we can do.

Were we as bad as the other losses, no, and I said that.

Port wasn't poor, it was diabolical. For the ages.

Sorry, who are you to question my support? I sat through the entire game at AO on Saturday while plenty left. Even many watching at home called it quits in the first half. They can do what they want, but spare me.

Part of moving on is recognising reality and thinking about how things can change. Which they can. That's what I've done this week, instead of pretending like we've only just started having problems.

We need Chad scoring, when he doesn't get a goal we lose
He needs to stop the finger rubbing show me the money shit. Haven’t seen it for a while because he hasn’t kicked a goal in a while. Also Errol with this covering his mouth shit. Just do the footy stuff. Apparently we were a bit mouthy to our opponents early in the season.
What about against the Dogs & Port last week? Had nothing to say to their opponents? Were they too far away?

He needs to stop the finger rubbing show me the money shit. Haven’t seen it for a while because he hasn’t kicked a goal in a while. Also Errol with this covering his mouth shit. Just do the footy stuff. Apparently we were a bit mouthy to our opponents early in the season.
What about against the Dogs & Port last week? Had nothing to say to their opponents? Were they too far away?

Don't know about this , just be yourself , if that's natural fine. Works for plenty.

Just win and no one gives a shite about it

Don't know about this , just be yourself , if that's natural fine. Works for plenty.

Just win and no one gives a shite about it
It’s like when Parker taunted Shiels of Essendon a few years ago.
We play Bombers next week.
He had 20 team mates who were more scared than Shiels last week.
What did Luke say to them post match?

Hawks players take selfies after they win. Didn’t last week. It’s ok for players to show emotions. If you can’t celebrate small wins and big wins when can you?

I think the pessimism is more related to the nature of the last 2 defeats, not so much the fact we lost. If the last two had been losses where we were even semi competitive, I would just put it down to the very normal and expected blip in an otherwise very good season.

But against the dogs and concerningly, even more so against Port, we were just not competitive. Not in the contest from the first bounce. Our structures were completely broken and the effort from the team was non existent. Port scored 71 points against us before we even got on the scoreboard, from a rushed behind no less. We lost by 112 points and put up the worst performance by any team this year and that's saying something considering some of the crap Norf and Richmond have dished up.

I'm really hoping we can turn it around but it's a long way back from where we were on Saturday night.........

Except when they did against us this year
Nope. Not really comparable.

They were playing a top team while supposed to be on a rebuild.

We're the top team playing a then mid table team.

They didn't go 0-71 and there was another 6 goals on top. Ours was a loss that will go down as one of, if not our worst effort in the last few decades. Hawks loss will be forgotten among similar losses while rebuilding.

I think the whole club got ahead of itself. The jump the shark moments for me were Grundy joining advertising for singles to mingle at the SCG and the Heeney post-tribunal decision video. The club rode the fan wave too long and started thinking it was more special than it was.

Time to re-earn the fan’s respect. Find a way to win.

I think the pessimism is more related to the nature of the last 2 defeats, not so much the fact we lost. If the last two had been losses where we were even semi competitive, I would just put it down to the very normal and expected blip in an otherwise very good season.

But against the dogs and concerningly, even more so against Port, we were just not competitive. Not in the contest from the first bounce. Our structures were completely broken and the effort from the team was non existent. Port scored 71 points against us before we even got on the scoreboard, from a rushed behind no less. We lost by 112 points and put up the worst performance by any team this year and that's saying something considering some of the crap Norf and Richmond have dished up.

I'm really hoping we can turn it around but it's a long way back from where we were on Saturday night.........
THIS

People have been debating the Freo loss with me.

In isolation, every team has days where they are poor, a bit off form, and they can lose. I certainly wasn't expecting us to go the rest of the season undefeated.

But we didn't respond. We put in a worse performance against the Saints. A side without Freo's midfield and one, especially after a loss, we should have beaten comfortably. We controlled the game in the middle but didn't put them away and then capitulated.

North we did what we should have, put away a team that fought for a quarter or so.

Lions, good effort against an in form team away, with 2 down. I said that at the time. We put in the effort like that every game from here on out, we could go undefeated to a flag.

The Dogs was an awful game, a bad start, without the same level of effort against the Lions. And we never got going.

And then in response to that, with teams starting to close the gap, the Port game, which was on its own level of terrible. As you say no structure, no composure, no vision, far too little effort.

It's not just the Freo or Dogs game, if they were the only poor to awful performances alongside the Lions, you could put it down to normalcy, very few teams go through a season without a WTF game like the Dogs.

But then we responded with worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back