News Murray Davis joins as Coaching Director

Remove this Banner Ad

Was pretty harsh on Sando after getting us to the 2012 prelim.

Lost Bailey with no replacement, Tippett deserted us and Tex did his knee.

On our 2024 season, crazy to hear several comments from the club about how we fixed things up after round 4, but the slow start meant we just weren’t able to recover enough to play finals.

Fellas, we lost to Richmond. At home.
With by far our weakest team of the season, exposing our depth. This off season should (key word is should) go a long way to removing those type of horrific losses, even with a few injuries to key players.

With by far our weakest team of the season, exposing our depth. This off season should (key word is should) go a long way to removing those type of horrific losses, even with a few injuries to key players.
6 of the players who played against Richmond are either delisted or unlikely to ever play for us again.

Plus 1 likely to play but shouldn’t

Hamill, McHenry - delisted
Smith, Burgess, Strachan, Schoenberg - likely won’t
Murphy - shouldnt

Our SANFL lost to south that weekend too

I do feel for Nicks a bit.

Even very good coaches have experienced, savvy football brains around them that they talk stuff through. Bounce ideas around, challenge each other.

We haven't had that. I had never heard of Davis until this signing but hopefully he is the wise head we need
The bloke who said he didn’t need a senior mentor when he first took over? Nah, he’s so sure of himself I doubt he’ll listen to anyone for their advice.

You just had to see his cocky pissed off B&F speech when he had a go at critics. Clearly there were aspects of his coaching that warranted criticism and he accepted none of it but laid it on the players.

**** him

The bloke who said he didn’t need a senior mentor when he first took over? Nah, he’s so sure of himself I doubt he’ll listen to anyone for their advice.

You just had to see his cocky pissed off B&F speech when he had a go at critics. Clearly there were aspects of his coaching that warranted criticism and he accepted none of it but laid it on the players.

**** him
How would he know?

This is where a good club has good people as a given.

Shit clubs don't and we don't.

Yeah okay he might suck anyway even with a good structure but I think most would fail with what we've put together off field

How would he know?

Yeah okay he might suck anyway even with a good structure but I think most would fail with what we've put together off field
How would he know?

First year coach understands that having an experienced head might help him unless you’re so full of yourself you reckon you don’t need it.

The fact he didn’t think he needed it is exactly the same self assured cocky bullshit we hear from him every time he speaks. It’s who he is.

I do feel for Nicks a bit.

Even very good coaches have experienced, savvy football brains around them that they talk stuff through. Bounce ideas around, challenge each other.

We haven't had that. I had never heard of Davis until this signing but hopefully he is the wise head we need
Emmy Awards No GIF by Emmys

How would he know?

First year coach understands that having an experienced head might help him unless you’re so full of yourself you reckon you don’t need it.

The fact he didn’t think he needed it is exactly the same self assured cocky bullshit we hear from him every time he speaks. It’s who he is.
Don't you understand though?

That means that a rookie coach is setting the direction. And not even a rookie coach like Fagan who has lived in football departments forever. A green, untried rookie.

Aren't we a football club? What does the club do if they're palming off responsibility for that?

**** him
The most dangerous people in senior roles are those who are completely unaware they are incompetent.

Smart people are aware of their limitations.

That means that a rookie coach is setting the direction. And not even a rookie coach like Fagan who has lived in football departments forever. A green, untried rookie.

Aren't we a football club? What does the club do if they're palming off responsibility for that?
Oh I get it, a stronger club should have insisted, but I don’t feel sorry for a bloke who has shown he’s an extremely cocky and arrogant shit coach.

How would he know?

Yes, having weak football management along with an inexperienced coach is a recipe for disaster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always said to my assistants, if you agree with me on everything then one of us is not required
Yeah, i don't respect sheep.

I'm known for having opinions on nearly everything, but respect those who will challenge me on anything... with good reasoning of course.

Then there are the clueless who ignore my suggestions on how to fix things they have nfi... where i just say i can't help stupid!

Yeah, i don't respect sheep.

I'm known for having opinions on nearly everything, but respect those who will challenge me on anything... with good reasoning of course.

Then there are the clueless who ignore my suggestions on how to fix things they habe nfi about... where i just say i can't help stupid!
Turns out it was me that wasn’t required😜

If a new coach struggles to set the right direction and doesn't understand the resources that they need to implement a competitive and competent game plan that the players can play, the club has selected the wrong coach.
And if a coach needs more than 5 years to get there, he isn't the right selection as coach

If a new coach struggles to set the right direction and doesn't understand the resources that they need to implement a competitive and competent game plan that the players can play, the club has selected the wrong coach.
And if a coach needs more than 5 years to get there, he isn't the right selection as coach
A smart coach would have a good idea what is needed by year 2.

Year 5 & we bring in someone to do a huge chunk of his role... because those who extended him don't want to admit they ****ed up big time!

The simplest solution would be to appoint a competent head coach.

A smart coach would have a good idea what is needed by year 2.

Year 5 & we bring in someone to do a huge chunk of his role... because those who extended him don't want to admit they ****ed up big time!

The simplest solution would be to appoint a competent head coach.
Nicks appears to be too adamant that his football philosophies are the right way to go about winning football finals.
There's no changing that direction and unfortunately, I don't think it is the right direction he is heading.
No amount of help will change that

Nicks appears to be too adamant that his football philosophies are the right way to go about winning football finals.
There's no changing that direction and unfortunately, I don't think it is the right direction he is heading.
No amount of help will change that
I'm hoping we have a Carr Kenny situation next season as worked out a long time ago that Nicks is a terrible match day coach.

Like Ken he can concentrate on drinking cola & cheerleading...

Last edited:
I'm sure a club can differentiate between bringing a newbie on board and bringing a Paul Roos on board, in regards to what's required from their end

I mean surely to goodness people aren't actually debating that these are the same situations?

New coach

Obviously on par with a Alex early on
Sanders just assumes any new poster is Alex or some other retuning poster.

Wasn't the warmest welcome for you... but gather he pestered someone once too often.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Murray Davis joins as Coaching Director

Remove this Banner Ad

Back