NAB Challenge vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Would any channel show it?

Normal TV.

Would any channel show it?

Normal TV.

It's NAB Challenge... you'll be lucky for the news to have a result let alone actual coverage. The whole point of the Challenge series is to avoid media coverage, despite year-by-year coverage of the Challenge growing.

This is a Half Time Score that has been posted on RWO.

Swans 11.6.72
Bulldogs 4.4.28

Hall has kicked 3 and O'Keefe 2.

Also Jolly has shared ruck duties with White.

Take from that what you will because I'm going to question the scores and certain ways goals were scored until a more relieable person/media outlet confirms the score. Plus I doubt its even half time yet...

Any news on how the first half went?

EDIT: As soon as I ask... :p

Looks promising, but anyone know the strength of the Bulldogs side that played the majority of the first half? Good to see Hall get in amongst the goals, and White in the ruck looks interesting, and means he'll probably run out Round 1 then.

Full Time Scores from the poster updating at RWO for what its worth..

Swans 16.12.108
Bulldogs 12.9.81

I'll hunt around for media reports and put them up to comfirm the above. If true its a good result and of course media reports will tell us more about the match that we want to know. But of the updates off RWO, Orreal played in the ruck in the 2nd half with Jolly replacing him when he rested. White went forward and kicked a couple of goals and Barlow appears to of had a far better game this week than he has over the past couple of games.

But we'll know more when the media reports come in to comfirm everything and people who were there start reporting back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs had a few of their Best 22 out and a few of their Best 22 returning for their first games of 2009. We had our already injured players and Richards and Shaw missing and worked though the younger players in the second half. So all in all not a bad workout, but not one where you can say we are certain to move up the ladder upon.

Of course, there's nothing to the pre-season cup, and the cynic in me says Roos and Eade agreed before hand to let the Swans win in a high-scoring game to put on a show for the Westerners...

But still, it's a good sign considering where we were in the last two weeks.

It was a great night for football in West Sydney - they built it, and they came. A full house, the ground looked an absolute treat. A good hitout for both teams with a very enjoyable atmosphere.

Here's a few pics I took at the game:

The opening bounce, and the game is on:
DSCF2972.JPG

A set shot for Ryan O'Keefe:
DSCF3027.JPG

The opening ceremony - Baulkham Hills Mayor Larry Bolitho with East Coast Eagles officials Gus Seebeck and Peter Physick:
DSCF31302.JPG

Jason Akermanis tackles Kieran Jack:
DSCF3134.JPG

(mods, if this paragraph is spam or against the rules of this board, please delete):
Some more pics I took of the game are now online. Enjoy!!!!

Why not there my game mail is and it is generally good news..

As the reporsts said Bazza Hall looked a treat kicking goals and setting them up. He was rusty last week but better for the run. Goodes again was great and Jesse White played up front and time in the ruck and looked good in both, He's going to be a starter.

Jude Bolton only played the first half but was spot on. Jolly dominated when on the ground and McVeigh was good.
Jack got a fair bit of the ball in a tussle with Acker, Bird has lifted his disposal and Vesa got to the contests. My friend reckons he played ok without winning lots of the ball.

Craig Bolton was top of his game and LRT apparently was effective as well.

Thornton got through the game and head several touches.

The only down points were apparently Bevan's disposal was atrocious and no one got to see if Brabazon's had improved because he didn't get a touch.

Why not there my game mail is and it is generally good news..

As the reporsts said Bazza Hall looked a treat kicking goals and setting them up. He was rusty last week but better for the run. Goodes again was great and Jesse White played up front and time in the ruck and looked good in both, He's going to be a starter.

Jude Bolton only played the first half but was spot on. Jolly dominated when on the ground and McVeigh was good.
Jack got a fair bit of the ball in a tussle with Acker, Bird has lifted his disposal and Vesa got to the contests. My friend reckons he played ok without winning lots of the ball.

Craig Bolton was top of his game and LRT apparently was effective as well.

Thornton got through the game and head several touches.

The only down points were apparently Bevan's disposal was atrocious and no one got to see if Brabazon's had improved because he didn't get a touch.

We were there and agree with what has been said.

Hall looked awesome as did Goodes. And just watching the warm up pre game the whole team just looked invigorated and hungry to play. Very fit.
Pat V looks like he has bulked up a bit and looked good around goal. Hall was playing a long way down the ground in the first quarter including some time in defensive 50. (This was actually pointed out by my kids I was too busy watching Jack run off with his bloody nose and change jersey)

White looked strong and determined. Playfair was walking unlimited didnt see him running though. And Micky O said he hopes to be there round 2 but most likely not to round 3 he said he is running comfortably though so we may be lucky. Schmidt also appeared uninjured but again didnt see him running.

The first half is how I imagine round 1 will be with perhaps a little tweaking (im questioning bird here) The second half inclusions were Thornton Orreal Brabazon and ODwyer. Until it mentioned about J Bolton I couldnt think who it was that didnt play the second half because I could tell they were missing one from the bench. But they rotated the rest of the players throughout the second half.

The set up was fantastic they had the coaches on an elevated position in front of their ammenties block and what I loved was the fact that you could hear every direction Roos was giving from our position. Even the groans over one or two questionable free kicks.

If anyone wants any more info just ask.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Challenge vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back