Autopsy Negatives vs Collingwood - Round 20, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The Collingwood game is as close to total dysfunction as you will ever see. Total dumpster fire. Everything fell to shit in one near perfect example of everything that is wrong with this team and then, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse we slipped to full blown parody when the channel 7 pressure meter didn't have a criteria low enough to class it.

Not one commentators has questioned simmo yet. Everyone tap dancing around saying they have the stars but haven't clicked it together.

Where the balls? Say the phrase Adam Simpson is under pressure. Not wce under pressure Adam Simpson
His team has the longest current streak of finals appearances in the league

Good will like that goes a long way in the AFL media

If there has been a worse performance from this club I haven't seen it.
We have scored less, we have lost by more but never have I seen a team wearing an eagle's jumper, with the talent they have, produce such a pathetic display on such an important occasion.
I'm putting the whole season in that basket. Sure we've ended seasons lower and won a spoon even, but by and large we have ended up about at where the quality of our lists were at. The past three seasons have seen us steady decline to the point of freefall with a list that's better than 2018 on paper.

Last edited:
I'm putting the whole season in that basket. Sure we've ended seasons lower and won a spoon even, but by and large we have ended up about at where the quality of our lists were at. The past three seasons have seen us steady decline to the point of freefall with a list that's better than 2018 on paper.
Some might ask was 2018 an anomaly but if you look at the individual accolades of the playing list we have, at their best they are better than any side in the competition, collectively at their best. On pure talent it's one of the best squads we have ever had, unfortunately, they look like a side that hasn't done a proper pre-season in three years, and it's not one or two individuals letting everyone down it's a collective lethargy.

Lots of people will want to retire a bunch of players, sure some may need to go but I just don't think we are anywhere near as fit as we were in 2018, it is incredibly frustrating to watch a very talented bunch of players rot.

I agree somewhat and that would mean WC can only carry at most 1 of Sheed, Gaff and Kelly. Kelly has to stay, therefore Gaff and Sheed should be offloaded. Any inside mids any of those 2 could fetch?

I’d add Redden to that list.

Of the four (inc Redden) I’d keep Kelly and Redden.

The other two are slow, lack tackling intent, or move the ball too slowly and not incisive enough.

I’d keep Redden coz he gets his hands dirty more than Sheed and Gaff. But , only just.

Kelly will (I hope) be more productive with a fully fit Shuey and Yeo alongside home.

Slow runners, or those who do not chase and tackle expose our defensive unit when the opposition have the ball and can not run out of sight on a dark night when we have it.

Would really love to drop Sheed and Gaff for this weekend - won’t happen but, I can dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d add Redden to that list.

Of the four (inc Redden) I’d keep Kelly and Redden.

The other two are slow, lack tackling intent, or move the ball too slowly and not incisive enough.

I’d keep Redden coz he gets his hands dirty more than Sheed and Gaff. But , only just.

Kelly will (I hope) be more productive with a fully fit Shuey and Yeo alongside home.

Slow runners, or those who do not chase and tackle expose our defensive unit when the opposition have the ball and can not run out of sight on a dark night when we have it.

Would really love to drop Sheed and Gaff for this weekend - won’t happen but, I can dream.
Redden has been one of our best players this year, lets not go crazy. Too many slow players is an issue no doubt but let's not get rid of a player who has been very good this season.

Some might ask was 2018 an anomaly but if you look at the individual accolades of the playing list we have, at their best they are better than any side in the competition, collectively at their best. On pure talent it's one of the best squads we have ever had, unfortunately, they look like a side that hasn't done a proper pre-season in three years, and it's not one or two individuals letting everyone down it's a collective lethargy.

Lots of people will want to retire a bunch of players, sure some may need to go but I just don't think we are anywhere near as fit as we were in 2018, it is incredibly frustrating to watch a very talented bunch of players rot.
Oh my god, this so many times!! I can't agree more with the comment about the pre seasons, we look exactly like a team who have not done a proper one three years in a row. That is what this group is doing, rotting.

Last edited:
Bit much to expect work rate from a bloke kicking back on the couch I would have thought?
Yeo yelled at Gov in a recent match because he he was running away from the play not looking at the ball. He’s probably frustrated with the so called ‘leaders’ of the team. Gov may be a good bloke but he provides no on- field leadership and Shuey is rarely on the field. We won a Premiership when we had a real on-field leader in Hurn. We’ve been rubbish since he stepped aside. We need to find some new leadership to galvanise the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Negatives vs Collingwood - Round 20, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back