Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. You have Daicos as best 2 players in comp, yet isn't in top 2 in any existing awards for this year. Knots indeed
It's not me who has him in the best two players in the comp, It's basically every media analyst and commentator associated with the game, as per the many references shared in this very thread.

It's not me who has him in the best two players in the comp, It's basically every media analyst and commentator associated with the game, as per the many references shared in this very thread.
Sorry.. You don't have him in the best two players in the comp but have anointed him the best player in the comp probably over 50-60 times this year and made a thread about him being the future GOAT... But we're the ones tying ourselves in knots???

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

big mountain to clime to get to GOAT
but do enjoy watching this kid just play the game
the journey of watching from a rookie to many years into the future
is like a movie .. and this kid is a star

big mountain to clime to get to GOAT
but do enjoy watching this kid just play the game
the journey of watching from a rookie to many years into the future
is like a movie .. and this kid is a star
Well said

This thread has become very shrill

For mine Daicos can be the best current player in a season or therabouts but the best player in the game requires a longer duration in the game. Its the old Buckley Voss Hird argument, the GAJ Buddy comparison, then Danger Fyfe or Dusty or now Bont, Cripps Neale, Curnow.

Daicos I reckon will get into that comparison quicktime.

The thread has been sidetracked by a group fairly intent on finding any criticism of Daicos then amplifying it maximally and by Collingwood posters being too strong in their claims

Truth is Daicos has had an extraordinary career start, arguably the best of the modern era. Scheezel too. If they continue with that trajectory for a whole career they will get into the GOAT debate so the answer to the thread question is a guarded yes.

I think any poster denying that basic premise is just looking to run the player down for reasons other than his standing as a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know they are nothing more than marketers, right?

They pander to get clicks/views/listens.

Bont is the best mature player in the comp, Sheezel is the best young player in the comp.

Sheezel is currently at 21 and risingView attachment 2056405
So how does it work, particularly the 'long term data' component?

Given the absence of the likes of Sheezel and Gulden in the top 8, it seems it's quite the task for young players to get a high rating according to this algorithm?

Please don't tell me you posted data without understanding what it actually means?

If Nicky doesn't go big vs the mighty Tiggies this weekend is it curtains on his claim to fame this year? Will be dead in the water for the Brownlow, AFLCA, MVP etc and the Pies will be languishing down the bottom half of the ladder.

Surely not even the most one eyed Pies supporters could claim him to be the best player in the comp if he misses out on all of them?

So how does it work, particularly the 'long term data' component?

Given the absence of the likes of Sheezel and Gulden in the top 8, it seems it's quite the task for young players to get a high rating according to this algorithm?

Please don't tell me you posted data without understanding what it actually means?
You will have to ask champion data how they come up with their algorithms I dont work there.
Please don't tell me you come up with Daicos being in top 2 because of some commentators said so?

You will have to ask champion data how they come up with their algorithms I dont work there.
Please don't tell me you come up with Daicos being in top 2 because of some commentators said so?

Are you suggestion BT and Jobe may not actually know that much about the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back