Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 149 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 383 72.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd give you Neale and Bont, but Cripps has had some very ordinary seasons in his career. Playing awesome this year which is great, but there have been some years of his prime where he was almost carried, 20 and 21 come to mind.

Petracca is significantly better.
Watching enough football , particularly Carlton, Cripps in 2023 was up there. Some would say better than his 2022 brownlow year.
No way was it ordinary * keeping discussions to 23-24

That's embarrassing. I really hope for the sake of those 3 people that they are 22 and under, because if they're supposed to have real lives/jobs, and they're coming here to troll this often while neglecting the people around them, it would be pretty pathetic.
How do you explain Fadges 1025 posts lol ?

I'd agree with this. Curnow is no where near the conversation - lazy footballer in my eyes.
I'd have Nick in my top 10 but not before Bont, Neale or Cripps
To confirm, this is your rating over the past two seasons, yeah?

And you have two players who weren't deemed good enough for last year's All-Australian team ahead of Daicos?

Watching enough football , particularly Carlton, Cripps in 2023 was up there. Some would say better than his 2022 brownlow year.
Your delusion knows no bounds.

His 2023 was nowhere near his 2019, 2022 and his 2024 to date.

No All-Australian jumper, and 5th in his club best and fairest.

To confirm, this is your rating over the past two seasons, yeah?

And you have two players who weren't deemed good enough for last year's All-Australian team ahead of Daicos?
Just confirming , Darcy Moore being an all australian in 2023 does not make him a better footballer....

Just confirming , Darcy Moore being an all australian in 2023 does not make him a better footballer....
Oh, so when you were asked about who has been the best player over the past two seasons, your response isn't about the past two seasons, it's about who is the better footballer in general?

Or is it?

It's hard to keep up with your train of thought when you respond to questions with responses that are completely irrelevant to the question being asked (not that I really want to).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Start a thread to anoint a player as a possible goat, that has played 2 seasons, the debate will rage both ways
He has started his career better than anyone of recent times and rose into the upper echolon of players in his second year and now cops as much defensive attention as anyone running around. Questioning whether he can develop into the greatest of all time is perfectly reasonable, as he's tracking above any other modern great. Meanwhile, knocking him for having a quiet game is a sign of stupidity. A badge many seem to wear with pride.

Oh, so when you were asked about who has been the best player over the past two seasons, your response isn't about the past two seasons, it's about who is the better footballer in general?

Or is it?

It's hard to keep up with your train of thought when you respond to questions with responses that are completely irrelevant to the question being asked (not that I really want to).
My point being, just because one is an all australian player does not automatically guarantee that they are better than players who weren't considered for final selection

What are you going off - stats ? I assume you just watched his 2019 highlites to make that assumption
I watched enough of his games in 2019 to have an informed view that it was better than his 2023, and his peers rated him the Most Valuable Player in the competition that year.

So 5th in B&F with 25% fewer votes than the winner (whilst only missing two games) in 2023 trumps a B&F, MVP and AA jumper in 2019?

Oh boy.

I watched enough of his games in 2019 to have an informed view that it was better than his 2023, and his peers rated him the Most Valuable Player in the competition that year.

So 5th in B&F with 25% fewer votes than the winner (whilst only missing two games) in 2023 trumps a B&F, MVP and AA jumper in 2019?

Oh boy.
Don't be a dick. I am going off his form from 2023 to now . Surely I can have an opinion different to yours. I get that you don't agree with it. It involves Carlton - you have form when that word gets mentioned

Don't be a dick. I am going off his form from 2023 to now . Surely I can have an opinion different to yours. I get that you don't agree with it. It involves Carlton - you have form when that word gets mentioned
Huh?

My response was to this comment:
And in response to me saying his 2023 was nowhere near his 2019 (amongst other seasons)
What are you going off - stats ? I assume you just watched his 2019 highlites to make that assumption

So you're now saying it's his 2023/24 that is better than his 2019?

My earlier point about not being able to keep up with you stands...

Huh?

My response was to this comment:

And in response to me saying his 2023 was nowhere near his 2019 (amongst other seasons)

So you're now saying it's his 2023/24 that is better than his 2019?

My earlier point about not being able to keep up with you stands...
Keep it to 23-24 as per discussion. You're the one meandering to other years

He has started his career better than anyone of recent times and rose into the upper echolon of players in his second year
There are others that had great starts to their careers

and now cops as much defensive attention as anyone running around.
Again, not the first young player to cop attention

Questioning whether he can develop into the greatest of all time is perfectly reasonable, as he's tracking above any other modern great.
Above? I'd say that's debatable, and plenty of names have been mentioned

Meanwhile, knocking him for having a quiet game is a sign of stupidity. A badge many seem to wear with pride.
I don't think anyone is actually knocking goatie, probably a playful rebuttal to some pie supporters that think he is the best player in the league right now or bizarrely he "will be the goat"

I did not state that Nick wasn't in the discussion for best player in 23-24. AGAIN, point out to me using quotes where I said that.
"Youre so obsessed, that you are calling him the best player in the game since round 1 , 2023.
I have not heard anyone creditable make that call that he is top of the heap"

"Creditable I believe was the word I used.
Congratulations Nick, your past 8 games have been great. I believe I said since 2023 ( what fadge was alluding to ) not an 8 game framework. Enter Heeney first 2 months this season for example. What awards is he currently leading right now - u know , the ones where they vote week to week ?"

"Yeah, I don't really take the coaches votes too seriously.
It's well known Fly has his favourite golden boy on top every week."

Well here 1s 3

Ist quote you say you have heard of no one creditable who might call him top ogf the heap despite mult quote from players above saying just that

2nd you mention a great 8 game stretch but talk him down because he isnt leading the coaches award now (its the only one we know for 2024). He was leading both the Brownlow and the Coaches award in 2023 when he went down injured in round 20 and didn't play aagain H&A. Surely that comes into consideration for the best player of 23-24

3rd quote you claim Daicos is being unfairly bunked up by his coach in the AFLCA by being given votes he doesn't deserve. So he doesnt deserve to be up near the top i.e he is not one of the top players of 23-24

Thats 3 posts set up to talk down his 2023-24 as being amongst the best players in those years.

"Youre so obsessed, that you are calling him the best player in the game since round 1 , 2023.
I have not heard anyone creditable make that call that he is top of the heap"

"Creditable I believe was the word I used.
Congratulations Nick, your past 8 games have been great. I believe I said since 2023 ( what fadge was alluding to ) not an 8 game framework. Enter Heeney first 2 months this season for example. What awards is he currently leading right now - u know , the ones where they vote week to week ?"

"Yeah, I don't really take the coaches votes too seriously.
It's well known Fly has his favourite golden boy on top every week."

Thats 3 posts set up to talk down his 2023-24 as being amongst the best players in those years.
Again, I did not state that he wasn't amongst the best players . Just not numero uno in my opinion

There are others that had great starts to their careers

Judd the only one of the draft era who can compare, and it's well in Nick's favour.
Again, not the first young player to cop attention

He's probably copping as much if not more attention than any other mid in the comp - not exactly common for third year players.

Who knows what the future will bring and how much he improves from here, but it's been an extraordinary start to his career.

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back