Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be weird to hate a team which went 40 years without a flag and gets them every 15 or so years since then.

Even with all the assistance the AFL provides.
I am struggling to see why you are so triggered. The Carlton posters I get. Our biggest rivals. But Hawks and Pies don't have any rivalry. We have never player in a GF, we have very few finals in our history and would struggle to remember any really significant wins either way. 2011 PF probably only one that springs to mind.

I dont think either sides supporters would ever check the fixture when it comes out to see when we play each other. We don't attract big crowds in our matches. Hawks have had such success and so many great players including the most picked GOAT. Not sure why you are worried by Nick having such a great career start

Love it guys. Love your passion and hatred of the Black and White. Maybe your footy knowledge needs getting up to speed judging by your posting here or maybe Nick has just thrown you off balance.

However I do love that you have gone with Collingwood wank/jerkfest that shouldn't be on the main board. Almost 8000 posts with Carl supporters dominating the discussion. Walshy, 562 posts in a thread thats not main board worthy. Those 2 things can't work together. You have been the biggest contributor to making this main board worthy. Congrats.
I'm doing gods work

Gone Critical im not one to tell u how to do ur job and all... But I share the thoughts that Hairy listed above.

Everyone knows this thread was designed to just be a Collingwood jerkathon by the biggest troll on Bigfooty and somehow the mods let it remain here. Since then it's just been a back and forth of posters ridiculing Nicky for squibbing, flopping and ducking and a bunch of Pies supporters complaining that posters are being unfairly critical of him.

Should be banished to the Pies board where it belonged in the first place.
The thread question has been up for discussion on a few different media panels. Thus it's been a question for the broader football public than just Pies fans.

And it's a question that you - a Blues fan - is extremely invested in. so it's clearly of interest outside of just Collingwood.

My view is that his package of attributes is off the charts. And the biggest factors in answering the question are how his body holds up and how strong does he get through the hips in order to take his contested game and ability to brush off taggers to the next level. Plus how good are the teams he plays in going to be - as you can't be GOAT without getting it done on big stages - and that requires him being in a good team.

Last edited:
Patrick Cripps * seems to be his biggest threat for the Brownlow this season.

Cripps does deserve a Brownlow one day to get rid of the asterix.

Patrick Cripps * seems to be his biggest threat for the Brownlow this season.

Cripps does deserve a Brownlow one day to get rid of the asterix.

So complain about trolling, then jump on the same bike

You must think a statement like this upsets a supporter base, but personally I love that we are still recycling ♻️ our brown paper bags

Oh my HairyO Flybags McRae has done it again hasn't he???

Cripps 9 votes so 5 from Voss and 4 from old Flybagger

Nicky 5 votes from someone and 0 from the other

Coaches award has become a farce with Fly in charge of the Pies
Voss seriously gave 0 votes to Daicos on Saturday night? This is extremely concerning, and affecting the overall legitimacy of an important award, as he is skewing votes unfairly to favour his own player who is trying to jump Daicos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss seriously gave 0 votes to Daicos on Saturday night? This is extremely concerning, and affecting the overall legitimacy of an important award, as he is skewing votes unfairly to favour his own player who is trying to jump Daicos
Nice try but nobody with more than a few brain cells could have walked away from that game thinking anyone but Cripps was BOG. Was clear as day to everyone bar Fly. Then again he has a questionable history with the coaches votes so maybe he shared the opinion re Cripps but chose to cast his laughable votes anyway.

Daicos was much closer to being BOG than he was not being top 5 on the ground. Voss has seriously missed the mark
You can't be serious right???
Tobey Maguire Lol GIF

Nice try but nobody with more than a few brain cells could have walked away from that game thinking anyone but Cripps was BOG. Was clear as day to everyone bar Fly. Then again he has a questionable history with the coaches votes so maybe he shared the opinion re Cripps but chose to cast his laughable votes anyway.
Carlton fan who is absolutely obsessed with potting Daicos with every chance he gets - doesn't think Daicos was in the discussion for BOG! Who would have thought!

Why do several Brownlow predictors have Nick polling 1-2 votes? Why did AFL.com.au list him as Collingwood's best player?

You think it's absurd that Fly rated Nick #1 and Cripps #2 on the ground, but don't question Voss rating Cripps #1 and Daicos outside the top 5...

When I did the coaches votes for myself in Round 1, I was agreeable to the Carlton Brisbane game with one minor alteration with 1-2 votes. Sometimes it is hard to do.

Without looking at Port Sydney here would be my votes

5. JHF
4. Willem Drew
3. Mitch Georgeades
2. Butters
1. Wines

Carlton fan who is absolutely obsessed with potting Daicos with every chance he gets - doesn't think Daicos was in the discussion for BOG! Who would have thought!

Why do several Brownlow predictors have Nick polling 1-2 votes? Why did AFL.com.au list him as Collingwood's best player?

You think it's absurd that Fly rated Nick #1 and Cripps #2 on the ground, but don't question Voss rating Cripps #1 and Daicos outside the top 5...
Coaches votes can be difficult.

If I'm a coach, I'm going to see things in Serong that the other coach may not. I may give Serong 2 votes because I know he can do better, or I valued Ryan's defensive efforts better to the team. Whereas an opposition coach may see the brilliance in Serong but miss the defensive moments in Ryan.

If anything I think it's more likely that Fly would give less votes to Daicos than the opposition coach.

Given Fly had taggers going to Cripps and he was still whooping ass while Voss let Daicos run around free as you like... I think it was pretty clear who the coaches thought was having more of an impact on the game.

As always Farcical Fly giving out charity votes to his beloved Nicky

Given Fly had taggers going to Cripps and he was still whooping ass while Voss let Daicos run around free as you like... I think it was pretty clear who the coaches thought was having more of an impact on the game.

As always Farcical Fly giving out charity votes to his beloved Nicky
Ah yes Vossy the renown tactical expert. The decision to let the undamaging player roam must have resulted in a win for his team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back