Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently rather busy but off the top of my head Gawn, Pettraca, Curnow. Hogan, Heeney are all better right now, with a host of players who are about at an equal level.
If ALL of these players were on the draft board, and available to play at your club in 2025 (let alone for the next 10 years), 100% of coaches and list managers are picking Daicos.

Oh, so you haven't asked the coaches or list managers of their thoughts . I assumed you were connected.
Just checking
No, I didn't have time to survey all the AFL coaches and list managers in the two minutes between when the list was posted, and when I responded to the post.

I thought that would have been obvious.

No, the inference was that he was grouped with a bunch of other players around the same level, but not in the top 2 or 3
OK, so if I corrected someone who rated McKay in the top 50 players in the comp and said, 'Nah, I've got him in the Top 200', you wouldn't question that because you'd assume I must have 100 or 150 players at around the same level as Harry?

Interesting thought process.

Daicos might be behind only Bont and Cripps at the moment. Absolute star. On a par with Neale, However, unlike Daicos, these guys and Heaney, Petracca, Martin, etc can take a contested mark. He will also need to improve his contested ground ball work before he is in the conversation for the best current player let alone the GOAT.

OK, so if I corrected someone who rated McKay in the top 50 players in the comp and said, 'Nah, I've got him in the Top 200', you wouldn't question that because you'd assume I must have 100 or 150 players at around the same level as Harry?

Stick to what was actually written by the poster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos might be behind only Bont and Cripps at the moment. Absolute star. On a par with Neale, However, unlike Daicos, these guys and Heaney, Petracca, Martin, etc can take a contested mark. He will also need to improve his contested ground ball work before he is in the conversation for the best current player let alone the GOAT.
Indeed.

Cripps' 0.3 contested marks per game (despite being 4 inches taller and 20 kg's heavier) really separate him from Daicos.

Do you ever not argue ??

Cmon Walshy, you’re trolling now.
Even some of your own supporters were saying the same after the Carlton game when Flybagger gave him 5 votes. I believe the quotes were along the lines of "playing Hinkley levels of coaches vote favouritism". Made the award a farce this year and no doubt he'll ride him all the way home with 2 more 5 voters the last fortnight.

Hopefully Goodwin gave Nicky a big fat 0 to even things up after his blatant stat padding performance vs the Dees last week.

Even some of your own supporters were saying the same after the Carlton game when Flybagger gave him 5 votes. I believe the quotes were along the lines of "playing Hinkley levels of coaches vote favouritism". Made the award a farce this year and no doubt he'll ride him all the way home with 2 more 5 voters the last fortnight.

Hopefully Goodwin gave Nicky a big fat 0 to even things up after his blatant stat padding performance vs the Dees last week.
Who deserves the 5 votes in Collingwood's last two games, if not Daicos?

Good to see you're hoping another coach destroys the integrity of the award by not giving deserved votes, whilst at the same time complaining about another coach allegedly awarding 'undeserved' votes...

Some would consider that as 'hypocritical'.

Who deserves the 5 votes in Collingwood's last two games, if not Daicos?

Good to see you're hoping another coach destroys the integrity of the award by not giving deserved votes, whilst at the same time complaining about another coach allegedly awarding 'undeserved' votes...

Some would consider that as 'hypocritical'.
Would just be evening things up after Fly made an absolute mockery of the award this season. How annoyed would you be if Goodwin gave botched votes this week which meant Nicky missed out on winning the coaches award?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back