Preview NO CHANGE - Grand Final v West Coast Eagles, Saturday at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Shown he can survive his 1st return game. Injured R2 (GWS), returned R7 (Bears), injured R8 (Cats), returned R17 (WCE), missed R18, returned R19 (Tigas), injured R20 (Swans). This was only "awareness" and he has missed nearly 8 weeks.

If he had still missed 8 weeks for only “awareness” that is not a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I don’t want to happen is Kennedy and Darling to have a day out and we could have done something about it but didn’t bring in the extra tall. Horses for courses. It’s like not playing a spinner in India and Lyon is 12th man.
This would be a real bad thing that I wouldn’t forgive the club for.

Last edited:

What I don’t want to happen is Kennedy and Darling to have a day out and we could have done something about it but didn’t bring in the extra tall. Horses for courses. It’s like not playing a spinner in India and Lyon is 12th man.
That’s seems an odd way of looking at it.

Depends on whether Moore was ready to play. Reid is not the answer to Kennedy.

Goldsack, Howe, Langdon, Crisp, Maynard, Aish and Greenwood are our back 7. Despite no really big tall, they are all competent above head and are good enough to fist the ball away on those long balls inside 50. It will be the one out contests that will be difficult, but I'm in the camp that says Kennedy and Darling are fair chance to beat Reid and Moore one on one as well. Dunn is the guy we really miss as he is excellent in those situations.

We need to beat their midfield well. If we do that we should win. On paper we have the capability of doing it, but the game isn't played on paper.

Moore isn’t an emergency.

Absolute day dreamers thinking he would come in.

People have short memories. Would be the most deflating thing to have Reid or himself on the bench at quarter time.

Since we have finished games with full benches we’ve been winning
I am looking forward to May playing KPD for us next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the flip side we had the game in our control for the majority of the match but Riewoldt almost single handedly managed to give the Tigers a sniff when his 5th goal reduced the margin to 21pts and we looked a little shaky for a few minutes.

Now imagine a game where the midfield contest is a much more even affair and the Eagles have not one but two quality marking forwards and a resting Vardy who has enough latent talent to be a surprise packet on Grand Final day.

I'm becoming more convinced that not making the change of a tall for a small defender is a bigger risk than the fitness of Moore.

Kennedy and Darling are incredibly good players and the Eagles' midfield is pretty good, however: Riewoldt is better than Darling (objectively) and arguably better than Kennedy - certainly better in season 2018, secondly Richmond's midfield still managed some seriously precise kicks to Riewoldt that didn't allow a defender of any shape or size to spoil. If Moore had been playing VFL the last two weeks I'd be staggered if we didn't bring him in, but it's just simply not a risk worth taking when I doubt he'd provide more than a one or two goal buffer at absolute best, whereas him breaking down could easily turn into 4 goals the other day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview NO CHANGE - Grand Final v West Coast Eagles, Saturday at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back