No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell wins an elimination final and he’s the second coming of Jesus h Christ according to this board.Sweet has a good game , and he’s Polly farmer reincarnated.

Some of the worst players to ever play afl have made a F))$&ing prelim.

The selective carry on here is highly amusing.

Not Polly Farmer reincarnated (nice hyperbole btw). Just a functional ruck, albeit one that was arguably a key difference in a close final in the fourth quarter.

What’s interesting to me are the mental gymnastics some posters on here will engage in to absolve Bevo and others at the club from mistakes that may have affected the ability of the club to win in September.

Is Sweet an elite player? No. Would we be better served with him playing ruck rather than English? Debatable, but there’s growing evidence that maybe we would. He towelled up English when they played earlier in the year, and a week after Meek gave English a sound beating Sweet won that contest.

From a list management perspective, paying English probably double what Sweet earns and getting those performances in big games is far from amusing imo.

For those interested in Cricket. This Hokball thing has BazBall all over it.

England were playing amazing test cricket which was all about "Entertainment" and "Not caring about the result". Then the Bairstow stumping happened and every England Player, Ex Player and Media had a sook. Suddenly they cared about the result. Also Bairstow tried the exact same move a couple of days beforehand. Can dish it but can't take it.

Now with Hawks, they're the "coolest" team in the land, think they'll win every week ect. But when they dish out smartass comments, they can't take it back. Suddenly the "Coolest" and "Happiest" team are all crying. If I was a Hawk supporter i'd be extremely proud they got this far and be very excited for the future.

Jordan Lewis=Piers Morgan

England were playing amazing test cricket which was all about "Entertainment" and "Not caring about the result". Then the Bairstow stumping happened and every England Player, Ex Player and Media had a sook. Suddenly they cared about the result. Also Bairstow tried the exact same move a couple of days beforehand. Can dish it but can't take it.

Now with Hawks, they're the "coolest" team in the land, think they'll win every week ect. But when they dish out smartass comments, they can't take it back. Suddenly the "Coolest" and "Happiest" team are all crying. If I was a Hawk supporter i'd be extremely proud they got this far and be very excited for the future.

Don't worry they've already given themselves a dynasty. We know how that usually goes.

I'd be surprised if they weren't worked out over summer, they will need to evolve further. They've also had very few injuries so that can also change things.

They’ll be picked by everyone for top 4 but I wouldn't guarantee it

Hawks media will definitely push the narrative that they are only getting started, new recruits coming in, young team on the rise etc… but you simply must take your chance when they present themselves as nothing as guaranteed. “They lost nothing” simply isn’t true.

Every year a team is tagged as being on the verge of a dynasty. Every year. How many have actually happened? Not many. Teams get figured out, they get carried away with their own hubris and drinking the bathwater, egos, money, it all plays a part.

Everyone starts from scratch in 2025, even the Hoks.

They got carried away thinking they were God's gift to football, full of themselves and were happy to dish it out and be smartarses, but when they got bitten on the backside they (and their media mates Hodge, Lewis etc) couldn't take it.

Thought Hodge and his team liked footy with a bit of edge and unsocialable...guess not. 🤔

Not sure Ginnivan has the self awareness, but if so hopefully he has learnt a valuable lesson this week. We all make mistakes when younger (especially your males) and hopefully he realises he should show respect, even when having a bit of fun. As he ages he will gain wisdom and understand that sometimes words/actions have consequences and that the karma bus is never far away.

For what it's worth, I really don't worry too much about such things and just view things like this as a distant observer. I didn't go down the righteous path or fun path. I took it for what it was and in the end each to their own - as long as it hurts no one else.

Every year a team is tagged as being on the verge of a dynasty. Every year. How many have actually happened? Not many. Teams get figured out, they get carried away with their own hubris and drinking the bathwater, egos, money, it all plays a part.

Everyone starts from scratch in 2025, even the Hoks.

They got carried away thinking they were God's gift to football, full of themselves and were happy to dish it out and be smartarses, but when they got bitten on the backside they (and their media mates Hodge, Lewis etc) couldn't take it.

Thought Hodge and his team liked footy with a bit of edge and unsocialable...guess not. 🤔
This line made me laugh. I remember watching the 1993 grand final with a bunch of mates and as soon as the final siren sounded, one of them said (his team obviously not playing) good we are all even again.

Just watched Mitchell's presser, really comes across as a dim witted flog

Came across as somebody who thought they would just go over, steamroll Port, surf their own bathwater home as they were welcomed by the adoring crowds and then continue on.

Jonathan Brown said it best - the Karma bus got them.

Did have to laugh at a comment from Jordan Lewis '(Hinkley) should have said that (what he said after the game) during the week.'

Right. So Hinkley should've stuck it up the Hoks before the game was even played? 🤪 Who knew the Hawks of that Lewis era were such sooks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could see Brown and Buckley trying not to laugh at Lewis’s meltdown last night… so funny.

Ken crossed the line! Jordan must be forgetting the game where him and Hodge knocked out Goldy and Swallow. And Lake choked out Petrie.

Why did Ken cross the line ?

Surely the Hawks expected some type of response
If they had won they would have did what they have done the selfies etc etc

Should not be a talking issue just play on

Not Polly Farmer reincarnated (nice hyperbole btw). Just a functional ruck, albeit one that was arguably a key difference in a close final in the fourth quarter.

What’s interesting to me are the mental gymnastics some posters on here will engage in to absolve Bevo and others at the club from mistakes that may have affected the ability of the club to win in September.

Is Sweet an elite player? No. Would we be better served with him playing ruck rather than English? Debatable, but there’s growing evidence that maybe we would. He towelled up English when they played earlier in the year, and a week after Meek gave English a sound beating Sweet won that contest.

From a list management perspective, paying English probably double what Sweet earns and getting those performances in big games is far from amusing imo.
Nailed it.

Plus $350k in our salary cap would be handy right now to upgrade a wing or half forward.

The best year we've had with English was the first half of 21 when we had a genuine ruck in Martin or Sweet to round 14 and English, when he played, mostly pinch hit as a kpf. (Our form deteriorated in the last third of that season, probably for a number of reasons. Noticeably it was also when English became number one ruck after Sweet got dumped following one ordinary game v Gawn).

I think we become a better team when Darcy is capable of splitting the ruck evenly with English or taking over when English is getting monstered, allowing English to still impact up forward.

Nailed it.

Plus $350k in our salary cap would be handy right now to upgrade a wing or half forward.

The best year we've had with English was the first half of 21 when we had a genuine ruck in Martin or Sweet to round 14 and English, when he played, mostly pinch hit as a kpf. (Our form deteriorated in the last third of that season, probably for a number of reasons. Noticeably it was also when English became number one ruck after Sweet got dumped following one ordinary game v Gawn).

I think we become a better team when Darcy is capable of splitting the ruck evenly with English or taking over when English is getting monstered, allowing English to still impact up forward.

Remember how the Media were giving Liam Jones a week for his tackle? Liam only had pinned one arm and Cadman’s head didn’t hit the ground. No bias in the media at all.

Attachments

• IMG_8400.jpeg
    IMG_8400.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 73
Remember how the Media were giving Liam Jones a week for his tackle? Liam only had pinned one arm and Cadman’s head didn’t hit the ground. No bias in the media at all.

Yeah, but the media is full of ex-AFL player good bloke boofheads. Most can't drag their thoughts away from their own amygdala for long enough to articulate a balanced, coherent thought.

Can see Hawthorn missing the finals this year. Of their 14 wins only 3 were against top 8 teams. They'll get a top 6 draw next year which normally means 9-10 games against the top 8 from the year before.

Battle and Barrass will obviously help but so many players also had career years that I wouldn't expect all of them to do it again.

Only the Bulldogs could win it from 7th. Nice try Hawthorn, but not good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back